Article about Gus Leaving

Rabern57

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/12/wifes_video_didnt_stop_arkansa.html

Talks about the video and who made it. Also about the offense this year.

At Auburn, there's been a disconnect this season between him and head coach Gene Chizik, a feeling of frustration at Chizik's increased involvement in the offense.

Re the disconnect...does this come anyone who would actually know, like another coach or some of the players?  Besides, Scarb has no credibility regarding AU  football.  The post was presented like it was a quote...if so give it a source...otherwise IMO best to leave rumors that harm AU to the trolls and bammers.

The impression I got from reading the article (and I skimmed it and I am not going to re-read it) is that the video had a negative impact on CGM getting a bigger job, not that the video ran CGM off. 

But I don't live with the coach or his family so I don't really know.

One thing that I found strange, is that from halftime of the game against Clemson until the final game against spuat, our O hardly resembled the O we had seen in 2009, 2010 and even the Utah State and Miss State games.  Looked like the O lost all rthym, pace and assertiveness.

wde

I heard nothing, I know nothing, I didn't nor don't want to know now, and what does it matter?

Here is a far better article that sums up exactly how I feel about Coach Malzahn and his family leaving.  Our loss is Arkansas State's gain, and we are blessed and better off for having enjoyed their time with us.

http://www.businessinsider.com/gus-malzahn-to-arkansas-state-is-the-feel-good-story-of-the-year-in-college-football-2011-12

Romans 8:28---for the Malzahns AND the Auburn Family!

Thanks Tora....a good piece by a guy without an ax to grind.  Maybe the sports hacks in Alabama have seen so much cynacism SEC college football that they just don't recognize that some people don't make all their decisions  based on money. 

I'm appreciative for what Gus accomplished at AU and envy him that he is able to go home and do the work he loves at an excellent salary.

I never acutally heard what KM said...and I probably don't want to. But does somebody want to sum it up for me?

she didn't really say anything terrible. It was probably the wrong format for what she was saying and she got way too comfortable during the discussion. The video was a 10 minute video edited from over an hour. Honestly she was just too honest. She talked about dyer having an attitude and how college kids do dumb things. I actually didn't mind it that much. For everyone who has wanted information from sources close to auburn, there it was. So many want private details about coaches and players and complain about rumors and auburn keeping fans in the dark.  Well this is a small example where they got what they wished for. If you want the truth, don't get mad when its not the truth that you wanted to here.

I am in general agreement with this article.  But if Coach Chizik was becoming more involved in the offense it is because the offense was so bad.  Predictabel and ineffective.  Can't put that on Chizik.  That is the offensive staff and players. 

I am in general agreement with this article.  But if Coach Chizik was becoming more involved in the offense it is because the offense was so bad.  Predictabel and ineffective.  Can't put that on Chizik.  That is the offensive staff and players. 

no he slowed the offense down because the defense was so bad. gus' offense niche is the "hurry up"no huddle if you slow it down the defense gets ready and you loose the element of surprise and have to out muscle the opposing defense and our oline was not capable of that. speculation is by some (me) that gus might not think we improve in the needed areas next season and his stock will continue to fall. not anyones fault(unless you blame roof who was fired days ago) chizik had to make adjustments to stop opponents from gaining 600+yards like the first 3 games.

Archived