Recruiting class question

kingofhill1

I keep hearing that we signed a top 25 class in basketball. I'm having a hard time finding evidence of that. I checked ESPN, Rivals, Scout and 247. None of those four sites have either our 2011 or our 2012 class ranked in the top 25. What is the source of this information that we have signed a top 25 class? It's a serious question. I'd really like to know.

I set out to post a link, but to my surprise, I found the same thing you did...nothing at all from any of the sites regarding a top 25 recruiting class.  Not ESPN, rivals, scouts, maxpreps, etc.  Hmmmm...

I set out to post a link, but to my surprise, I found the same thing you did...nothing at all from any of the sites regarding a top 25 recruiting class.  Not ESPN, rivals, scouts, maxpreps, etc.  Hmmmm...

I just got the following answer. During the process (that is, while recruits were still being signed)  some had us in the top 25. As the recruiting season continued we fell out of the top 25 and thus became unranked. That wasn't what I wanted to hear.

The important things to me are that we signed two players of 6'10 and 6'8 last year, one of whom was a 4 star, along with a 3 star guard, and a 6'11 JUCO big man along with a couple of three star forwards (one of whom is 6'7) and a four star guard.

That means in the last two years, we've signed a premier post player, a premier perimeter player, and several other talented players to fill in around them. With good coaching, that's really all you need; I expect Auburn to be up in basketball by two seasons from now, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we turn it on next year after Kouassi puts on some muscle and becomes the dominating presence he has the potential to be.

The important things to me are that we signed two players of 6'10 and 6'8 last year, one of whom was a 4 star, along with a 3 star guard, and a 6'11 JUCO big man along with a couple of three star forwards (one of whom is 6'7) and a four star guard.

That means in the last two years, we've signed a premier post player, a premier perimeter player, and several other talented players to fill in around them. With good coaching, that's really all you need; I expect Auburn to be up in basketball by two seasons from now, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if we turn it on next year after Kouassi puts on some muscle and becomes the dominating presence he has the potential to be.

Shaquille Johnson is a four star

It was a top 25 class a few months ago but now it's more like top 40 class. What's more important though is that we have the second best class in the SEC behind UK

According to whom?  The rankings I've seen have Florida and/or Ms. State in the top 25.

It was a top 25 class a few months ago but now it's more like top 40 class. What's more important though is that we have the second best class in the SEC behind UK

According to whom?  The rankings I've seen have Florida and/or Ms. State in the top 25.

Alot of websites have us as the second best class in the SEC and I haven't seen state in any top 25.

Archived