Well done KKolumbo

flexbone

Too many tweets to repost, but he has backed one of the hacks on the 247 site, JC Shurburtt, into a corner about 247's magical reranking of a bama player.  Well done, kk.  And funny to watch shurburtt flail around trying to defend a decision that has no basis.  In case you do not know, Shurburtt's been around a while and has gone from site to site.  Not a guy with much respect in the recruiting industry for either scouting ability or integrity.

Much like the Bama fan base, pretty much all recruiting analysts worship Saban. If A kid commits to Bama who isn't very highly rated, Saban MUST know something no one else does, after all, he only goes after the most elite players out there. All the recruiting analyst then scramble to bump the kid up as high as possible. There are dozens of instances of this over the past few years.

Can someone post some of these. I'm not into twitter, holding out as long as I can. It is 2012 after all and I think I can make it...Mayans ;D

@kolumka: @jcshurburtt OMG! YGTBFKM! Jonathan Allen (Bama lean) just HAPPENS to move all the way up to top ten? The Bama bias is sickening with 247.

@jcshurburtt: @kolumka it's sickening that you think that. Carl Lawson moved up quite a bit to but you're so insecure you ignore those things.

@kolumka: @jcshurburtt oh boy! a guy that won MVP at a camp and has been dominant everywhere moved up..shocking! What has Allen done to get that bump?

@jcshurburtt: @kolumka are you saying he isn't a good player?

@kolumka: @jcshurburtt not at all. Legit top 10 at SDE. No  doubt. But top 10 overall in the nation is laughable for him.

@jcshurburtt: @kolumka I'm done with the AU crowd

's bias theory. It may be real in other aspects of life/media but never has been w me ranking players.

@kolumka: @jcshurburtt that's fine. whatever. Just answer one question. What did he do to jump that high? Combine? Camps? anything?

@jcshurburtt: @kolumka go ask people in Virginia about the kid and get back to me.

@kolumka: @jcshurburtt go ask any local people in any state about most All-State caliber players with D1 potential and they'll call them elite.

@jcshurburtt: @kolumka wasn't talking about Johnny Q. HS fan. People that know. For example, I wouldn't ask anyone that believes in rank conspiracies.

@kolumka: @jcshurburtt Just like I shouldn't take rankings seriously from a company generating it's business on subscriptions? My fault...

An interesting acknowledgment from Shurburtt: 

"I'm done with the AU crowd's bias theory.  It may be real in other aspects of life/media but never has been w me ranking players."

Carl Lawson > Jonathan Allen. Carl could come in right now and push for a starting position on most any team. He is bigger and stronger than Allen.

Pwned.

Carl Lawson > Jonathan Allen. Carl could come in right now and push for a starting position on most any team. He is bigger and stronger than Allen.

Absolutely. The 247 dork has Allen at #10, Lawson at #126 and it's laughable. I live in Virginia, have seen Allen play and compared to the tape I have seen on Lawson those rankings are a joke. Trust me, Lawson is better than Allen. That's not to say that Allen isn't a good player because he is, but he certainly isn't the 10th best in the country and he is not better than Lawson. Lawson has also proved himself in camps by already being the MVP in one.

I notice that the 247 guy never answered KK on what Allen has done to suddenly stand out to them, only saying that they "talked to people in Virginia."  Now THAT is some reason to rank a player 10th best in the Nation, lol.  So like KK, I wonder what caused Allen to come to their attention to rank him that high ? Allen hasn't won any camp awards, so was it the fact that he is a lean to a certain unamed team ?

HAHA, good job KK.   

We do know the folks at Rivals were glad to get rid of most of the Alabama writers, because they coerced others to rate Rivals recruits higher if committed/leaning to Alabama. Were these the same guys who participated in the illegal actions in the recruitment of Dee Hart? This exchange proves that you can never tell an Alabama person facts, because all they believe is themselves.

To heck with the rankings, I'm glad they (Bammers) got Allen and I'm glad Lawson has committed to O&B. I'll take that anyday. Saban's #10 to our underdog #126 because I think CGC is better judge than I or Saban. Keep fighting kk. :wareagle:

@KKolumbo

We're not worthy...we're not worthy...we're not worthy.

Every Auburn fan should follow this dude.

@kolumka: @jcshurburtt OMG! YGTBFKM! Jonathan Allen (Bama lean) just HAPPENS to move all the way up to top ten? The Bama bias is sickening with 247.

@jcshurburtt: @kolumka it's sickening that you think that. Carl Lawson moved up quite a bit to but you're so insecure you ignore those things.

@kolumka: @jcshurburtt oh boy! a guy that won MVP at a camp and has been dominant everywhere moved up..shocking! What has Allen done to get that bump?

@jcshurburtt: @kolumka are you saying he isn't a good player?

@kolumka: @jcshurburtt not at all. Legit top 10 at SDE. No  doubt. But top 10 overall in the nation is laughable for him.

@jcshurburtt: @kolumka I'm done with the AU crowd

's bias theory. It may be real in other aspects of life/media but never has been w me ranking players.

@kolumka: @jcshurburtt that's fine. whatever. Just answer one question. What did he do to jump that high? Combine? Camps? anything?

@jcshurburtt: @kolumka go ask people in Virginia about the kid and get back to me.

@kolumka: @jcshurburtt go ask any local people in any state about most All-State caliber players with D1 potential and they'll call them elite.

@jcshurburtt: @kolumka wasn't talking about Johnny Q. HS fan. People that know. For example, I wouldn't ask anyone that believes in rank conspiracies.

@kolumka: @jcshurburtt Just like I shouldn't take rankings seriously from a company generating it's business on subscriptions? My fault...

Does this mean he was initially ranked without having contact with these" local Virginia" people. I mean by his logic, he gets a massive bump because he talked to the Virginia locals about their kid. Okay...fine. But, he hadn't previously talked with these people for the original ranking? Doesn't make sense at all...why would these locals all the sudden have the right words to say. Why is their word now golden? And, if it was the first time he talked to them, why now? Why are they initially excluded in helping him compile his ranking, then they are included when he needs a top ten in the nation boost? Moronic idiot is a moronic idiot.

Archived