Frazier and Coats

bikeriderga

Seems like Kiehl Frazier is set to have a break out year (from what we are hearing from the scrimmage) and Coates is said to be one the best athletes many  have ever seen!

Blake, Coates, and Stallworth are going to be the receivers this year. Add Lutz and Omac and man wow!!!

Looks like the RB position is in really good shape. Grant seemed to be running like a man possessed from what I am hearing. Also heard that Blakely had a good day.

Looking for great things this year!

:wareagle:

Indeed biker.

Exciting year ahead of us.. Playmakers on offense, a defense with a chip on their shoulders... I'm pumped.

This team excites me much like the 2010 team did this time during that year. I don't know if we'll be in the SEC title game of NC, but it'll be a fun year to watch for sure!

This tandom has my hopes up for years to come.Just a feeling but I believe Frazier will be having one the best QB careers ever at AU. :thumbsup:

I would love to see KF take the position and run with it.  He is an amazing athlete and if he can pass as well, watch out.  I think it is his to loose and he seems motivated. 

I would love to see KF take the position and run with it.  He is an amazing athlete and if he can pass as well, watch out.  I think it is his to loose and he seems motivated.   

he passes better than he runs.

I was all aboard the "Coates is gonna have a big year!" bus, but Chizik had some telling quotes the other day that makes me think that we need to show a little patience because he's still getting acclimated to the college game. Then again, that might be the head coach's way to keep Coates level headed instead of reading stuff about the coach saying he's superstar.

Blocking and tackling.  Not pretty boys, but blocking and tackling.  We'll be better there, but we have to get a lot better pretty fast.

I agree with this -- though from video I've been seeing, I'm encouraged. CBVG had the team practicing hitting and wrapping up (can you believe it?!) in a drill posted last week!

:we:

Something tells me that Sammie Coats may be a great receiver, but he'll be a backup for not being a good blocker or something. I've been around Auburn football too long to believe the skill athletes (WRs and RBs) will actually play as underclassmen. There is probably some senior who put in his dues and knows how to block and will end up on the field instead. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I've seen it happen too often.

I was all aboard the "Coates is gonna have a big year!" bus, but Chizik had some telling quotes the other day that makes me think that we need to show a little patience because he's still getting acclimated to the college game. Then again, that might be the head coach's way to keep Coates level headed instead of reading stuff about the coach saying he's superstar.

Tigerwar, nice picture of me in the sig pic!  ;D

Remember, Coates is young. Sure he may take some time to reach full potential, but he will make an impact this year. Not my words, Trooper Taylor's.

he passes better than he runs.

Yep.

Quite a few people have had the opinion that by playing last year Frazier basically threw away his redshirt year. Maybe that is true to an extent but I think the experience gained was extremely valuable. He has an understanding now that a year on the bench can't provide.  Let's hope he puts that to good use. It looks like he is doing so.

:pcprobs::trampoline::dunno::banghead:

Quite a few people have had the opinion that by playing last year Frazier basically threw away his redshirt year. Maybe that is true to an extent but I think the experience gained was extremely valuable. He has an understanding now that a year on the bench can't provide.  Let's hope he puts that to good use. It looks like he is doing so.

We needed Frazier last year.  I think there was hope he would break out in a big way but that fell by the way side when Arkansas picked off a couple of his downfield passes.  But even with that, we needed everything we could muster to get by Utah State, Mississippi State, South Carolina, and Florida.  Could we have won those without the boosts we got from a play here and there or a series here in there by Frazier or by our opponents having to spend practice time preparing for him... and what kind of season would we have had without those close wins?  IMO, we got a lot out of Frazier last year but I won't argue that maybe it was questionable from Frazier's point of view.

I think that Kiehl got more out of last year than we, as fans, got out of Kiehl.  That, to me, is what appears to be the rub for a lot of fans.  The experience he received last year was invaluable and it will translate to a greater appreciation by the fans this year as he excels.

Kiehl can throw the ball as well as anyone. That has never been an issue. Reading college defenses will always be an issue for true freshmen qbs in the SEC. He's maturing by the second. I wouldnt be surprised if Kiehl goes down as the greatest Auburn qb ever when its al said and done. One thing for sure, hes gon' be a goodern.

I think that many of the weapons on last years offensive team were under used. I am glad that we have the current staff over the other situation we had last year. JMO. Off topic but glad to get back to smash mouth football instead of the gimmicks that only work with a super star athlete like Cam.

Seems like Kiehl Frazier is set to have a break out year (from what we are hearing from the scrimmage) and Coates is said to be one the best athletes many  have ever seen!

Blake, Coates, and Stallworth are going to be the receivers this year. Add Lutz and Omac and man wow!!!

Looks like the RB position is in really good shape. Grant seemed to be running like a man possessed from what I am hearing. Also heard that Blakely had a good day.

Looking for great things this year!

:wareagle:

Auburn certainly has the speed and talent to be a very potent offense in 2012. Im counting on it.

Last year the O-line was less than stellar.  All the QB's looked worse than they were. Most of the time when you see Freshman come in and Play well at QB it is because they are behind a first class O-line. We have a little more experience in the O-Line this year. I am counting Red Shirt Experience in practicng against our D-Line for guys like Westerman and Robinson. 

I still expect some intermittant issues with the O-line as they becme a cohesive unit but from day 1 I expect a more physical group that won't be afraid to hit somebody in the mouth even if it is the wrong person to hit.

With that I think you will see whoever becomes our starting QB to automatically look better next year.  Before the shoulder issue this spring I thought it would be an even fight now I think the extra rep's in a new offense plus his other gifts will make KF the starter and with the improved line play I expect he will do very well.

Stonger O-line means more consistent running game which also means more time O has the ball which automatically makes the D better because they will not be on the field as long as last year with all the 3 and outs.

Key to this year is can O-line win a few early games as they become more cohesive and can the D really step up this year and become a more traditional dominant Auburn defense.

A whole lot of question marks surround this team, on both sides of the ball.  New coord's will help a ton, IMO.  But, our guys having to learn a whole new offense & defensive system may hamper their development somewhat as well.  I'm eager to see what these coaches put on the field this fall. 

Blocking and tackling.  Not pretty boys, but blocking and tackling.  We'll be better there, but we have to get a lot better pretty fast.

Absolutely, but we've got a hard nosed All-American fullback coming in, arguably the best offensive line coach in America guiding our big uglies, and an elite defensive mind fresh out of the League teaching pursuit angles and coverage technique. The blocking and tackling thing seems to be coming together quite nicely.

And when that happens along with having the dynamic skill players, fireworks inevitably follow.

I've heard mention of 2010 several times, but the only thing about that season that really reminds me of this one is the potential for greatness. Both seasons seemed very promising in the preseason, but no one in their right mind would actually predict a national championship.

However, that team was so great because it was comprised of players who had been through the battles, the coaching issues, etc, and had enough talent and enough savvy to become an amazing team when infused with a couple of JUCO superstuds and a freshman phenom.

This team, on the other hand, has playmakers at every position. The experience isn't there like it was in 2010, but the talent level is crazy. We're probably still a year away due to youth, which is why no one is going to call us for winning it all, but the potential for breakout is present for virtually every single player on the team that has not already broken out. That's absurd.

And we're going to be better next year.

Archived