Petrino Threads Merged

Elephant Tipper

http://arkansas.247sports.com/Article/Police-Petrino-injured-in-wreck-68380

"Arkansas Coach Bobby Petrino was injured in a motorcycle accident outside Fayetteville on Sunday evening and was taken to a Fayetteville hospital, according to Arkansas State Police spokesman Bill Sadler.

“Yes, at 6:45 last evening, state police were notified of a single motorcycle crash in Madison County on Highway 16 near the Crosses community,” Sadler said, confirming that Petrino was operating the motorcycle.

“He was transported to a Fayetteville hospital.”

The severity of Petrino’s injury or injuries has not been made public. There has been no announcement from the UA regarding the accident.

Crosses is located about 20 miles southeast of Fayetteville.

Hawgs247 will keep you updated as more information becomes available."

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my gosh...

I hope he isn't hurt serious but anytime a motorcycle goes down you have to hold your breath.  I've known some folks that walked away in relative good shape when their bikes went down and praised their pants, jacket, shoes, helmet, etc but it is obviously very risky.

Hope he's okay but when you hear motorcycle wreck and kept overnight at the hospital it usually isn't anything minor.  Also sucks for Arky considering that they were in the middle of spring practice.

I provided care to a guy in ICU that had a single vehicle accident on a motorcycle. He was just leisurely riding around a curve, Hit some gravel and lost it. The doc's amputated his right leg, split his chest open, casted his arms as he broke both all in his initial surgery, . And His left leg was amputated a few weeks later due to gangrene.  Guys life has changed forever due to one little mistake.

Really sad, but the worst injuries can happen when something as simple as laying down a bike happens. Yet I have seen people hit cars on a bike and walk away with a few scrapes. of course I've seen it the other way around as well.

In other news, Coach Gus Malzahn reported his car was stolen; then returned a little scratched & dented .Police are in search of culprits.    ;)

In other news, Coach Gus Malzahn reported his car was stolen; then returned a little scratched & dented .Police are in search of culprits.    ;)

what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

He ought to know better than to leave his keys in his car in Arkansas.  They'll steal anything in that state.

from facebook post...

https://twitter.com/#!/TomMurphyADG/status/186823793786896385

Source close to situation said Bobby Petrino had multiple broken ribs, "all kind of cuts and bruises," neck sprain, but going to be OK.

Looks like he is banged up, but will be ok.

Motorcycles can be scary. I used to ride a CBR (sports bike), but sold it after one of my best friends was killed on his. I laid mine down twice previously and got banged up as well and just decided the fun was not worth the danger for me anymore.

from facebook post...

https://twitter.com/#!/TomMurphyADG/status/186823793786896385

Source close to situation said Bobby Petrino had multiple broken ribs, "all kind of cuts and bruises," neck sprain, but going to be OK.

Looks like he is banged up, but will be ok.

Motorcycles can be scary. I used to ride a CBR (sports bike), but sold it after one of my best friends was killed on his. I laid mine down twice previously and got banged up as well and just decided the fun was not worth the danger for me anymore.

As my biker friends say... there are two types of motorcycle riders... those who have wrecked and those who will...

MD out for a joy ride?

I had a bike for most of my life.  Loved to ride.  Sold it the day my first child was born.  Haven't been on one since.

I rode for years also. I had an eighteen wheeler decide to move into my lane on a freeway in California apparently he didn't see me. I had to pull off freeway immediately and layed down my bike. I walked away with scratches. Since then I have not ridden a bike on the road. Other drivers are to dangerous. Still like to dirt bike a little but getting to old.

Getting back to Petrino my prayers are with him and I hope he heals fast. My son goes to Arky so I won't make any snide arky comments.

I had just soon carry a loaded gun with the hammer back. If it trips your trigger, go for it.

I am personally afraid to ride motorcycles but I have done a lot of other risky things where I got into situations where I thought I might 'buy the farm', so to speak... so I don't fault those that do all that much.  SCUBA diving, down hill skiing, long distance backing, playing around on twisting mountain roads in a quasi sports car, etc all have their pitfalls and risks too... not to mention jealous boyfriends, husbands, crazy women, etc.  :-X

It is all good when we can live to tell about it.  Heck, I was worried about some of Auburn's kick returners in last years LSU game.  There was some serious head-hunting going on in that game on LSU's part.

A signed police report naming a former volleyball player at Arkansas as having been a passenger on Pigtrinos motorcycle, has surfaced. Probably not going to be a good thing.

A signed police report naming a former volleyball player at Arkansas as having been a passenger on Pigtrinos motorcycle, has surfaced. Probably not going to be a good thing.

Gotta link?  I have some hog fans that I would love to send it to.

found one...

http://www.arktimes.com/ArkansasBlog/archives/2012/04/05/petrino-had-rider-in-motorcycle-crash

Sorry, Quietman had to go elsewhere for a few. Wouldn't be such a problem for him, except that the University has made a big deal out of him being the only person involved. Maybe they knew, maybe they didn't. It raises some questions though.

Uh Oh...somebodies got some 'splainin to do. Petrino told the university that he was the only one involved.

I hate for anyone to get hurt but did you expect anything less from Petrino. The guy is shady. After he left the Falcons the way he did I always thought he had moral issues.

Archived