AU Women's Basketball Team Has a New Coach

Official AU Athletics Press Release

http://www.auburntigers.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/040212aac.html

Joel Erickson

Jay Jacobs on Williams-Flournoy: "She has an understanding of what it takes to be successful in the Southeastern Conference..."

Auburn Athletics‏@AUAthleticsReply

Williams-Flournoy's four-year run from 2008-12 was the most successful period in Georgetown's history, including 3-straight NCAA tourneys

Per Justin Hokanson: "Justin Hokanson‏@JHokansonReply

RT @Szvetitz: Georgetown's Terri Williams-Flournoy will be Auburn's new women's basketball coach the Opelika-Auburn News has learned

I haven't heard of her. Not too flashy of a hire. Seems like we could have done a little better but what do i know? War Eagle, Terri! I hope she will do a great job! :wedance:

Welcome and War Eagle!!!!!!

At the very least, she has been in the Big East and her teams have been playing Notre Dame and UConn women's teams. That is not easy work.

I haven't heard of her. Not too flashy of a hire.

Be honest.. How many women's basketball coaches have you heard of outside of Summitt, Kim Mulkey, Muffett McGraw, C. Vivian Stringer, and Geno Auriemma?

Be honest.. How many women's basketball coaches have you heard of outside of Summitt, Kim Mulkey, Muffett McGraw, C. Vivian Stringer, and Geno Auriemma?

I've heard of one of those. Summitt.

I think we should have hired someone with credentials similar to those of the coach featured under Westie's name. 

I haven't heard of her. Not too flashy of a hire. Seems like we could have done a little better but what do i know? War Eagle, Terri! I hope she will do a great job! :wedance:

TERRI WILLIAMS-FLOURNOY YEAR-BY-YEAR

HEAD COACH

Year School Record Postseason

2011-12 Georgetown 23-9 NCAA Second Round 

2010-11 Georgetown 24-11 NCAA Sweet 16 

2009-10 Georgetown 26-7 NCAA Second Round 

2008-09 Georgetown 20-14 WNIT Quarterfinals 

2007-08 Georgetown 15-14 

2006-07 Georgetown 13-16 

2005-06 Georgetown 10-17 

2004-05 Georgetown 12-16 

Total (Eight seasons) 143-104 

ASSISTANT COACH

Year School Record Postseason

2003-04 SW Missouri State 28-4 NCAA First Round

Missouri Valley Tournament Champs

Missouri Valley Champions 

2002-03 SW Missouri State 18-13 NCAA First Round

Missouri Valley Tournament Champs 

2001-02 Georgia 19-11 NCAA First Round 

2000-01 Georgia 27-6 NCAA Second Round, SEC Tournament Champs 

1999-00 Georgia 32-4 NCAA Elite Eight, SEC Champions 

1998-99 Georgia 27-7 NCAA Final Four 

1997-98 Georgia 17-11 NCAA First Round 

1996-97 Georgia 25-6 NCAA Elite Eight, SEC Champions 

1995-96 Georgetown 2-15 

1994-95 Georgetown 1-17 

1993-94 Georgetown 12-15 

Exactly...

You don't watch much women's basketball, huh?

Gotta love the hutzpah of some posters on AE:..."I haven't heard of her so she must not be that good".  How often did we read that when Lefty was hired as OC? 

JJ hired a coach with a national reach....ability to recruit the large population areas of the country....and proven ability to get to the big dance.

Congrats and welcome TW-F.

:thumbsup:

Gotta love the hutzpah of some posters on AE:..."I haven't heard of her so she must not be that good".  How often did we read that when Lefty was hired as OC?   

JJ hired a coach with a national reach....ability to recruit the large population areas of the country....and proven ability to get to the big dance.

I agree with this post.

Based on what I read so far she looks like a good hire. JJ has had a pretty good record as of late. She is the coach and I hope she succeeds. Welcome to Auburn coach.

Comes from a great female BB conference UConn and ND and Georgetown finished 4th in the conference. Has some good SEC background at UGA. Imo a fantastic hire. Job well done by JJ again.

I agree with this post.

Ditto. +2.

Can't stand it actually. Women's softball I will watch all day long, but women's basketball drives me crazy to watch.

Can't stand it actually. Women's softball I will watch all day long, but women's basketball drives me crazy to watch.

weeg on weeg you set them up so easy.......way too much I could say but I'm in a good mood tonight

weeg on weeg you set them up so easy.......way too much I could say but I'm in a good mood tonight

I give you an 80 mph fastball right down the middle and you watch it go by??? You feeling ok golf??  :o

I give you an 80 mph fastball right down the middle and you watch it go by??? You feeling ok golf??  :o

yes Barry thanks for asking

yes Barry thanks for asking

I ask because I care............eh, who am I kidding.  :tease:

IMO this is a very good hire.  The top level coaches mentioned earlier are not obtainable.  Coach Williams-Flournoy has done a remarkable job at Georgetown.  She is a hard worker and great recruiter.  I will welcome her to the Plains.  Welcome and War Eagle Coach!!!

Archived