Auburn vs. Scarolina

Shocking... Simpson strikes out and Gonzales is picked off. Ugly start for the good guys, 1-0 Scar.

And somehow Tella swings at a ball that hits him in the forearm to end the inning! Wow!

Top 1 - Leadoff double for S. Carolina, excellent bunt to move the runner to third, sacrifice fly to score the run.

Bottom 1 - Infield hit for Gonzalez, Simpson failed bunt attempt and ends up striking out, Gonzalez picked off first after a pitch-out the pitch before, Tella strikes out on a ball that appeared would've hit him if he doesn't swing.

S. Carolina.....textbook baseball, Us.....not so much.

As I'm typing, Carolina guy gets on, will pitch to second and scores on a ball crushed over everyone's head. But, the guy was thrown out trying to stretch it to a triple. Luckie is getting hit hard. Heading to Bottom 2, Carolina up 2-0.

Gonna have to be much better than this to have any chance. C'mon Auburn!

Guys played a great game last night....today looking more typical for this season.

I hope our guys can pull it out, but here is where I had to stop watching.....4th inning down 4-0. We get the lead-off on and he immediately gets thrown out trying to swipe second. I hope for hope he had the "green light" and that call did not come from the dugout.

Huge!!! Bryant relieves Varnadore and gets a strikeout with the bases loaded. Still 5-2.

For AU, Savage and Alvord both single to open the inning. 1st and 2nd, no outs. C'mon Guys!!!

In my opinion, coach Pawlowski got in his own way again. If he lets bobby Andrews hit I don't think Scarolina brings in Price, and we don't get strong armed into putting a cold hitter vs. arguably one of the best relief guys in the SEC. Leave Andrews in and he probably gets to hit against a tired Roth.

Sometimes the best coaching decision is to just let the players play.

Also I do get the gift of hindsight!

In my opinion, coach Pawlowski got in his own way their closeragain. If he lets bobby Andrews hit I don't think Scarolina brings in Price, and we don't get strong armed into putting a cold hitter vs. arguably one of the best relief guys in the SEC. Leave Andrews in and he probably gets to hit against a tired Roth.

Sometimes the best coaching decision is to just letthis y the players play.

I disagree. The USCe coach was thinking about pitch count and future games. Price has been their closer so he would've come in anyway....IMHO.

USCe is a tough team with outstanding pitchers...our  guys did pretty well....but were overmatched by the pitchers from UF and USCe.   Both teams have a staff of future pros and we could not get enough consectutive hits to drive in the runs.  We just can't get by on sacrific bunts and sacririce fly balls to drive in runs.

All in all the team probably over-achieved based on the pre-season forecasts but then again, we saw what they were capable of in a number of games and they should be in the NCAAs....but let too many games get away from them at bama and Uga during the season......and probably won't make it.  

In my opinion, coach Pawlowski got in his own way their closeragain. If he lets bobby Andrews hit I don't think Scarolina brings in Price, and we don't get strong armed into putting a cold hitter vs. arguably one of the best relief guys in the SEC. Leave Andrews in and he probably gets to hit against a tired Roth.

Sometimes the best coaching decision is to just letthis y the players play.

I disagree. The USCe coach was thinking about pitch count and future games. Price has been their closer so he would've come in anyway....IMHO.

And I disagree with that, I feel Pawlowski forced the hand of the Scarolina coach and made him make the pitching change. I sincerely believe that if Pawlowski let's Andrews bats, Roth stays in and we get another hit, a sac fly at least and then Roth gets pulled.

Archived