SO MAD!!!!!!!!

Bro Johnny Mac

I just caught the ABC 33/40 news coverage of the shootings at Auburn.Jeff Speegle gave a brief synopsis of the story,listing the AU players who were shot.Then the FIRST THING OUT OF HIS MOUTH WAS HOW THIS WOULD HURT US IN RECRUITING!

He mentioned the camp going at AU and how this will make these top players think twice about signing with us.....The mentality of some bammers in this state about football is sickening.

I realize this may be an angle to look at,but NOT JUST HOURS AFTER YOUNG MEN HAVE BEEN SOT AND KILLED!One young person is still fighting for his life.It just has me steaming and I had to rant.Mabey this should be in the football section,mabey a mod can move it.I just wasnt sure where I should let off steam.

Do as I will do and let ABC3340 know that was very out of line, uncalled for, innapropriate and not appreciated.  But then again Speegle has always been partial to uat.

Just sent an un-pleasent email. Tired of these stupid, senseless and biased comments by our so called un-biased media. Tired of the evil of this world showing it's ugly, perverse face so much lately and stealing our young people way before their time. Ready for the hatred to go away. My heart is crying out for these young men who lost their lives and were wounded for NOTHING!!!!!!! I was up till 4 am praying, at church this morning praying and I am still praying for a change to happen for the betterment of Auburn as a whole. That we all come together, Christians, non-Christians, ALL PEOPLE of ALL RACES and send a message that ENOUGH IS ENOUGH we will not stand for this any longer. Let us all stand together as the FAMILY we are now before something else tragically happens again. ITS TIME!

People get shot all the time in turd town. Do they comment on that? Not to mention all the tornadoes. Should they comment on how recruits should shy away from uat?

Keep those email fingers at the ready... The article about the incident in the New York Times (2 guess who one of the writers was) uses several paragraphs to outline all of the "off the filed trouble" the athletic department has had, as if any of that is related to this sensless act.  

The media makes me sick.

He gave a half hearted apology on the news just now. Said that as a parent it would have concerned him. Said that it would concern him anywhere and any University.

The media is almost completely without integrity. From the local level on up....print media, television,radio, internet....all of it. There is no honor in that profession any longer. Those few who still function as professional, unbiased journalists can't be heard anymore.

Unreal. Some people already attributing this to "the culture" around the auburn football program. How dare anyone try to look at this from a football/recruiting angle. Senseless act of violence that could of happened ANYWHERE.

Just saw Speegle say that it was our fault,we took his comments the wrong way :-\

He did a lot of backtracking,he was aluding to recruiting being hurt by this horrible murder..he said he was speaking as a father.Dont bye it.But Im not mad anymore,I just realize its par for the course  for AU on Bham TV.

I'm done with the Birmingham media. I e-mailed his boss and simply said that while I would miss the weather and news guys,I would no longer watch or in any other way follow his station because of Speegle (who was simply the straw that broke the camels back) and the classless way they tried to portray a great town and college.

I'm sorry that some on this site and others I follow disagree,but The Never To Yield Foundation has it right. Boycott them. Hit them where it hurts.I am Finebaum,Jox,and now 33/40 free. To heck with them - leave them with their precious bammers.

Seems like they are circling the wagons now.  Mike Raita was on his tv show last night taking up for Speegle. Said he was only speaking as any concerned parent would. Forgive me if I'm wrong but he's a news reporter correct. Then report the news and leave the opinionating for the talk shows.  Dont remember anyone saying how the tornados that hit Tuscaloosa would hurt their recruiting. Tired of the double standard in this state

Seems like they are circling the wagons now.  Mike Raita was on his tv show last night taking up for Speegle. Said he was only speaking as any concerned parent would. Forgive me if I'm wrong but he's a news reporter correct. Then report the news and leave the opinionating for the talk shows.  Dont remember anyone saying how the tornados that hit Tuscaloosa would hurt their recruiting. Tired of the double standard in this state

I don't recall much about shots being fired on the turd town strip too long ago and involving football players hurting much turd recruiting either.

When people lie to us and tell us, they are not lying to us, if we believe them, we have no one but ourselves to blame.

Question to them all...  Are they reporters or commentators?

Have sent a second follow up to the general manager, and thought maybe time was now ripe to also ask (this wee part) from the following:

...  The now years in the making bad coverage of Auburn University, and over glorifying of the University of Alabama has reached a breaking point.  One only has to ask a first grader the order of the alphabet to know AU should always be listed ahead of UA.  I believe this a common broadcasting tool used to handle any list of like mannered items. Until the day this happen's your channel(s) willl remain removed from my television...

I for one am tired of the egregious nature of this slight, and was wondering if anyone else felt the same.  If so maybe they would care to repeat the request, that whenever AU and UA are used together that this common courtesy would be normally exercised by their Sports Journalist.

I have allready called the station and let them know how I felt about the situation.  Also Pete Thammel, here is his voice mail# 1-212-556-7652.

If Speegle was being honest about being a concerned parent, then "recruiting" wouldn't even had entered his mind. He's full of it. This terrible event is something that makes you scared to let your kids walk out the front door to go anywhere in this world, not something that causes you to be concerned about where they sign a letter of intent, assuming your children are ever one day in that rare position. Recruiting and football should have never been mentioned by Speegle with that initial report and instead of manning up and apologizing, he wants to find an angle to wiggle out of it.

Oh well, I never watched their news cast anyway and certainly don't plan to now. Despite being a huge Bama fan, in my opinion, Jim Dunaway is the best sportscaster in the Bham area; and his CBS 42 station is the one I go to if/when I watch the news.

Question for those that watched Speegle's newscasts......did he actually apologize for offending anyone or did he just try to rationalize to everyone why he said what he said? I guess I should've asked that before giving my opinion above about what he said. Ha!

What a second teefield......let me explain about apologies.   

It's like this.    The way you do it these days is to say (in a somber voice and with a serious face) .... "I'm really sorry if anyone was  offended by my comments during my program today....." 

Ya see, that counts as an apology even though what it actually means is:

"No, I'm no sorry I said what I said.  I'm just sorry that some of you overly sensitive pricks can't handle my version of the truth and are trying to make my life miserable with my boss".     

It's really pretty simple, don't you agree?  :dunno:

Archived