2013 3* LB Jonathan Walton (South Carolina signee)

trout54

I have to think that if we offered him it must mean that it is not looking great for Green. I kind of don't get this as Wilkens film makes it look like he may be better as well.

And the rumors are that we may be looking in a different direction from Wilkins. I am certain someone can and will enlighten me.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He doesn't seem that quick or fast but he has good instincts to ball as a line backer and makes tackles all over the field even after it looks like he is out the play. That is hard to coach and something special... real special because he will make plays that lbs with more quickness and speed won't because they sill have given up on the play. You can tell he loves to play defense, make contact, and plays smart.

I agree. Instinct made Butkus a far greater linebacker than many of his faster contemporaries. I am not saying this kid is a Butkus but we need bodies at linebacker. I love that he never gives up on a play. I still believe we won a national championship because Antoine Carter did not give up on a play in Tuscaloosa.

It says on espn he's committed to Penn State. What's up with that? South Carolina. Mississippi State and Tennessee are his other SEC offers.

hate to say i told you so, but................................................

as far as PSU is concerned, he really likes Ted Roof. Hasn't he taken another job? hmmmmm.

good runningback.............. more suited for LB (IMO). runs a 4.5 40, so i think he has potential to have PLENTY of speed. Maybe a spur type? you want kids with good work ethics, hard work, humble, team guy, loyal, leader by example? this is your kid. Will NOT let AU down. I just hope we can pull him over.

My son is working on him as we speak (proud to say will be participating in walk-on tryouts next week). They're close, and I'm willing to cook him some more crawfish if that will pull him home. Food is the way to his heart! LOL

gotta hand it to the OP. he called this months ago. wow.

thanks for the recognition ;D

but, reading back on some of the previous posts, i have to acknowledge a couple of things about the follow-up posts.

1. It's funny how some recruits don't get any love because they are bigger than most of their competition, whereas other recruits get all of the love BECAUSE they are bigger than the competition (ala, Reuben).

2. It's funny how nobody wants to give any respect to a private school baller, though we have seen some results from private schools. Dyer, Prosche, McCarron, Barron, Dial, Jackson, etc., etc.

3. It's funny how a guy with verified 4.5 speed is slow, but other recruits for the same position(s) with lesser speeds "have potential".

4. The funniest thing of all is how many people that post here have such intimate knowledge of freaking "Saved By the Bell", yet think of themselves as viable evaluators of football talent. Really? Wouldn't that be like the cast of "Wrong Turn" critiquing a chess match?

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno::wareagle:

but, reading back on some of the previous posts, i have to acknowledge a couple of things about the follow-up posts.

1. It's funny how some recruits don't get any love because they are bigger than most of their competition, whereas other recruits get all of the love BECAUSE they are bigger than the competition (ala, Reuben).

2. It's funny how nobody wants to give any respect to a private school baller, though we have seen some results from private schools. Dyer, Prosche, McCarron, Barron, Dial, Jackson, etc., etc.

3. It's funny how a guy with verified 4.5 speed is slow, but other recruits for the same position(s) with lesser speeds "have potential".

4. The funniest thing of all is how many people that post here have such intimate knowledge of freaking "Saved By the Bell", yet think of themselves as viable evaluators of football talent. Really? Wouldn't that be like the cast of "Wrong Turn" critiquing a chess match?

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno::wareagle:

I think a lot of the fear of small private school recruits who are good athletes, but have played against smaller, less talented competition comes from Kiehl.Frazier. Once burned, twice shy. I'm not sure what "Saved by the Bell" means, but I did tell anyone who would listen that Jonathon Wallace would be our QB. My reasoning - Chip Kelly wanted him. Walton is picking up some late SEC offers, so he must be able to play too.

I think a lot of the fear of small private school recruits who are good athletes, but have played against smaller, less talented competition comes from Kiehl.Frazier. Once burned, twice shy. I'm not sure what "Saved by the Bell" means, but I did tell anyone who would listen that Jonathon Wallace would be our QB. My reasoning - Chip Kelly wanted him. Walton is picking up some late SEC offers, so he must be able to play too.

i was just digging on the other posters that were referencing the fact that Jonathan goes to Bayside Academy. Saved by the Bell was a corny kids show from the 90's, that has some sort of cult following now.

As for Jonathan Wallace, good call.

I was amazed that nobody paid much attention to the fact that Jonathon Wallace would have gone to Oregon if it hadn't been so far away. Like Bayside Academy for Walton, everybody focused on Central Florida with Wallace..

hate to say i told you so, but................................................

as far as PSU is concerned, he really likes Ted Roof. Hasn't he taken another job?

He's at Ga Tech.

Look at his senior year video this guy is a monster he's 6'1 228 and the first run of the video he hurdles a DB and gains about 10 more yards then his defensive highlight he is stepping up taking the fb out then making the tackle. It's amazing how we need a RBs and Lbs yet Chizik and company never offered this guy I understand recruiting the top talent in the country but at the same time you can't let schools outside the state come in and steal all the hidden treasures. Out of all the videos I've personally seen this one is hands down the best.

Sac religious I know, however, this young man reminds me of eddy lacy from the turds and he may be even more athletic. Just when u think he's going to run over someone, he pops a couple spin moves and their jock is left on the turf!! I do believe we could use this guy!! WDE!! I love diamonds in the rough!! Hope he chooses to join the family!!

I am approx 97% retarded when it comes to evaluating football talent, but when it comes to intimate knowledge of freaking Saved By the Bell, I am Stephen Hawking, Einstein, the internet, and an entire volume of encyclopedias wrapped in one!

I am approx 97% retarded when it comes to evaluating football talent, but when it comes to intimate knowledge of freaking Saved By the Bell, I am Stephen Hawking, Einstein, the internet, and an entire volume of encyclopedias wrapped in one!

:laugh: I am right there with you DANSBY. Maybe we can team up at the next academic bowl.

:laugh: I am right there with you DANSBY. Maybe we can team up at the next academic bowl.

"I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so...I'm so scared!"

Hopefully, you guys didn't take offense to the cut on SBTB. I'm not really certain how old everyone is on this board, and you may well have grown up with that show like some grew up with the Brady Bunch, or some other cheesy sitcom. I'm in the process of quitting smoking after 30 years, and it is taking its toll on me. My apologies.

As for Jonathan, I think we stand a VERY good chance of nabbing the young man. My son is working to get him here. Fingers crossed!

Hopefully, you guys didn't take offense to the cut on SBTB. I'm not really certain how old everyone is on this board, and you may well have grown up with that show like some grew up with the Brady Bunch, or some other cheesy sitcom. I'm in the process of quitting smoking after 30 years, and it is taking its toll on me. My apologies.

As for Jonathan, I think we stand a VERY good chance of nabbing the young man. My son is working to get him here. Fingers crossed!

I watched his film and thought to myself, he could be a hoss playing RB or LB. Kinda reminds me of an LSU or Turd RB.

Jessie Spano

Mr Tuttle just told me Jessie Spano's GPA is 4.0. Bayside got a great academic program and Walton made 4.0 GPA, too.

i think everyone may be missing the boat on Jonathan Walton from Bayside. Since he received his offer this week, everyone seems to think we have potentially missed on a runningback. I'm questioning whether or not he is being considered more on the defensive side of the ball....namely LB. E, do you have any thoughts on this?

i think everyone may be missing the boat on Jonathan Walton from Bayside. Since he received his offer this week, everyone seems to think we have potentially missed on a runningback. I'm questioning whether or not he is being considered more on the defensive side of the ball....namely LB. E, do you have any thoughts on this?

Show me where he got an Auburn offer. I have not seen or heard it anywhere.

Interesting that Derrick Green just tweeted that he will make his announcement on Jan 26th. Correlation?

Hoke said he is being recruited at both positions but likely ends up at H-Back.

Archived