AU v. Clemson

AURandy56

I guess since this is the "Woodshed" thread for smack-talking, maybe we can give our honest opinions of what we saw in Atlanta tonight. I saw a defense that got absolutely riddled by Clemson, and an offense with no direction at all. I've read all the threads about Clemson having 3 new starters on the offensive line and how are defensive line would dominate. Well, someone dominated, but it wasn't the good guys. That 3rd down AU gave up late in the 4th quarter when some of our guys had Boyd dead-to-right and let him pick up about 4-5 yards to get a first---that was absolutely a killer. Unless AU gets better as the season progresses, I don't see AU having a record as good as last year's. Bama, LSU, UGa, and even Miss. St. either did beat or are beating their opponents like rabid yard dogs. Maybe it's because I am down right now, but I don't see a good year for us this year. I'll still be shouting my lungs raw for them, but this is not going to be pretty.

I guess since this is the "Woodshed" thread for smack-talking, maybe we can give our honest opinions of what we saw in Atlanta tonight. I saw a defense that got absolutely riddled by Clemson, and an offense with no direction at all. I've read all the threads about Clemson having 3 new starters on the offensive line and how are defensive line would dominate. Well, someone dominated, but it wasn't the good guys. That 3rd down AU gave up late in the 4th quarter when some of our guys had Boyd dead-to-right and let him pick up about 4-5 yards to get a first---that was absolutely a killer. Unless AU gets better as the season progresses, I don't see AU having a record as good as last year's. Bama, LSU, UGa, and even Miss. St. either did beat or are beating their opponents like rabid yard dogs. Maybe it's because I am down right now, but I don't see a good year for us this year. I'll still be shouting my lungs raw for them, but this is not going to be pretty.

I hope we are wrong,Randy,and the majority on this site are right,but I am very concerned about our D. I hope they become great and everyone can make me eat crow,but I long for the old Pat Dye defenses that could crush a running play between the tackles .

Our defense got pushed around and played very soft. If not for multiple dropped passes, the score would have been a lot worse. Linebacker play was just like last year, no improvement. Out of position, poor tackling, and no ability to shed blocks. Sorry, but that's reality.

I share your concerns in some areas, but when you say "Bama, LSU, UGa, and even Miss. St. either did beat or are beating their opponents like rabid yard dogs." Bama is the only one that played anyone. We played a very good team. We have a long way to go, I'll give you that. Hopefully, this week will show a much improved team.

Archived