Best (and worst) beers you've ever had

BamaGrad03

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

He actually went off to start a cidery...then sold his majority to AB-I. 

Lol. Sounds like an awesome dude.

Side note, this is an interesting aspect to reporting the news now:

On Saturday, Hall also posted a simple, “My bad” on his Facebook profile.

One person responded, “Really classy …” Another wrote, “eeesh.”

However, two people “liked” it

43 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Lol. Sounds like an awesome dude.

Side note, this is an interesting aspect to reporting the news now:

I'm here for the education.

Might have drifted into a TMI situation (is my usage correct?)

but can't help but ask, 'two people “liked”' what?

14 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

I'm here for the education.

Might have drifted into a TMI situation (is my usage correct?)

but can't help but ask, 'two people “liked”' what?

Hah! They used the FB functionality similar to our "like" button here in response to him saying "My bad". I guess because they viewed that as appropriate contrition? Maybe they were being ironic? Friends of his trying to make him feel better? We may never know the truth. But we should exhaust every avenue to stimulate our creative thinking. I think I'll start with a beer. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hah! They used the FB functionality similar to our "like" button here in response to him saying "My bad". I guess because they viewed that as appropriate contrition? Maybe they were being ironic? Friends of his trying to make him feel better? We may never know the truth. But we should exhaust every avenue to stimulate our creative thinking. I think I'll start with a beer. 

Often, I've found,

a good start.

4 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Often, I've found,

a good start.

Going with the Jekyll Southern Juice IPA. I initially raved about it, but I'm dialing it back from Toe Curling to Go To. It's almost tempting to drop it all the way down to Meh, but I'm taking into account that it's February. This is almost a PNW pale ale/NE IPA hybrid. Fruity but not quite the bomb drop that is de rigueur, bitter but not west coast palate wrecker that was previously so popular, very refreshing. At  6.3% I could use juuuust a little more body, but it's not a deal breaker. Local to me and crushable but I don't think I could tell you to choose it over your favorite IPA if you're really wanting to sink your teeth into a beer experience. So, final score: Go To. 

4 hours ago, Grumps said:

Thanks! The two Orpheus offerings were the Atalanta and Life.Death.Life.Truth. The two Elysians they have are Immortal IPA and Stardust (I think) IPA. You guys have me trying all sorts of new beer. I am starting to understand that there is a difference between a "good beer" and a "beer I like".

Elysian is fantastic.  Based out of Seattle.  It's my go-to when I'm up there for meetings.  Get the Immortal and enjoy!

Well, I am admittedly disappointed.

Not in the information I've garnered here, but in the way my state and neighborhood value it.

The Snake Handler mentioned above seemed the perfect 1st target. In-state brewery; always liked their "Legally brewed since..." marketing. Unseasonably IPA weather, and had to go into town (check deposit) anyway. What could go wrong, right?

Alas, struck out.

12 minutes ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Well, I am admittedly disappointed.

Not in the information I've garnered here, but in the way my state and neighborhood value it.

The Snake Handler mentioned above seemed the perfect 1st target. In-state brewery; always liked their "Legally brewed since..." marketing. Unseasonably IPA weather, and had to go into town (check deposit) anyway. What could go wrong, right?

Alas, struck out.

They've got some nerve.

What'd you get instead?

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

They've got some nerve.

What'd you get instead?

Yeah, right?

Noted 42's grapefruit sculpin and (somebody's?) Elysian stardust, but just hit F'hope Brewery for my wintertime (#2) go-to (Kingslayer) on the way out of town...a damn' hour before they were to open!

Bummer? Limpin' along on (#3) PBR.

Don't think twice, it's alright.

1 hour ago, AUinTLoosa said:

Yeah, right?

Noted 42's grapefruit sculpin and (somebody's?) Elysian stardust, but just hit F'hope Brewery for my wintertime (#2) go-to (Kingslayer) on the way out of town...a damn' hour before they were to open!

Bummer? Limpin' along on (#3) PBR.

Don't think twice, it's alright.

I've heard that Bob Dylan makes PBR taste like the East Village smells. But in a good way.

I hope they get Kingslayer in Montgomery. I'll look for it next time I'm through.

6 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

1FFD4015-158D-458A-876A-364D2BD16BFE_zps

You really know how to make my feelings come alive on the page, Refuge. 

Even if I didn't know what Parish could do with hops, I'd be intrigued by that bottle. 

12 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Label throws me off. Looks like it would be a hibiscus wheat or something. 

Yeah definitely not what you'd expect.

Since you said that, I just looked at the label a bit more closely and noticed "INDIA PALE ALE" across the bottom lol. 

It seems that Parish does a great job of brewing fantastic beer with limited info. Take their Opus Vert for example...very little info about it online(other than public reviews).  

To me, it's as good as anything they brew. 

13 hours ago, Bigbens42 said:

According to BA it's an IPA. 

Wish Parish would float east. 

Well, I guess Ala is not the worst, but

it might be another of those "Thanks Mississippi" things.

" Stifling small brewers by denying them self-distribution, brewery sales, pub sales and even something as relatively trivial as growler sales doesn’t protect distributors or defend big brands. It just makes beer drinkers and legislators in states where small brewers have had the right to all of the above for decades wonder what’s wrong with your state."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/smallbusiness/opinion-craft-beer-brewers-are-stifled-by-outdated-beer-laws/ar-AAmNOTa?li=BBnbfcN&ocid=mailsignout

Archived