2014 5* ILB Tre Williams commits to AU!

Hooverwareagle

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tre will be a beast in the middle of CEJ's defense. If he can pick up on the defensive calls responsibility of the MLB, he'll see significant action as a freshman. Really impressed by his instincts and wrap up tackling.

He certainly seems to play and hit with a bit of anger. Which is something you need at the MLB spot. We haven't had that in the middle of our Defense sense Bynes graduated and Tre is a good bit more athletic than he was. Looking forward to seeing what he can do at AU next year because I bet we see him on the field!

After yesterday's performance I expect Tre to move up a good bit in ESPN rankings plus get a 5th * on 247 and the composite Rankings.

After yesterday's performance I expect Tre to move up a good bit in ESPN rankings plus get a 5th * on 247 and the composite Rankings.

El, what were Tre's final game numbers? He was all over the field, but the talking heads never gave him his propers.

El, what were Tre's final game numbers? He was all over the field, but the talking heads never gave him his propers.

Don't have access to that. I know he was the leading tackler with 6 tackles through 3 quarters because Allie Davison tweeted it.

Don't have access to that. I know he was the leading tackler with 6 tackles through 3 quarters because Allie Davison tweeted it.

Where would you find that info?

Where would you find that info?

I don't know you can. That's why I said I have no access to it.

FWIW Tre tied with 4 others for most total tackles in the game. Stephen Roberts had 2 and Kalvarez Bryant broke up a pass. Add that to what Sean White did and I'd say AU had a pretty good day!

FWIW Tre tied with 4 others for most total tackles in the game. Stephen Roberts had 2 and Kalvarez Bryant broke up a pass. Add that to what Sean White did and I'd say AU had a pretty good day!

I agree.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome news. Congrats Tre! Now, Tre call Evans and discuss his bump too. Tell him how much you want him to play on your team!

“@Rivals: #Rivals100SneakPeek:

5-star LB Tre Williams (@Trew20)

NR: 23

PR: 23 (↔️)

#Rivals100 Rankings Release: MON, 12ET

http://twitpic.com/dsk6ll”

Rivals came out with their sneak peek today of spots 21-30 in the Rivals100 that's coming out on Monday. Tre Williams remains a 5* and the #23 player in the country.

• 1 month later...

Some people are just blessed with athletic talent. Tre is blessed. Amazing athlete. Normally I would not think a true freshman would be able to play at LB, but Tre just may see the field.

Some people are just blessed with athletic talent. Tre is blessed. Amazing athlete. Normally I would not think a true freshman would be able to play at LB, but Tre just may see the field.

I think our LB situation is such that Tre will play a lot, if not start by game one. That's if he avoids injury and can fully participate in every practice until then.

He is going to be a great one. One of the more impressive recruits during the recruiting process, well spoken, good at everything he does. Speaking of that, pretty girl at prom. Ok, that might have been over the line.

Archived