2014 5* ILB Tre Williams commits to AU!

Hooverwareagle

Link

Auburn commit Tre Williams misses most of playoff game with concussion

SARALAND, Alabama - Auburn football commitment Tre Williams was injured during Friday night's Class 5A playoff game and spent most of the contest standing on the St. Paul's sideline watching as the Saints' season ended in a 20-14 double-overtime loss to Saraland.

Williams, an Auburn commitment, was hurt early in the third-round game while playing linebacker for the Saints.

"He got hurt on the first series and had a grade-2 concussion," St. Paul's coach Steve Mask said.

Although Williams was the Saints' sole representative for the midfield meeting with officials and Saraland's captains before the start of overtime, he was not healthy enough to play, Mask said.

"His health is more important to us than a football game," Mask said. "We weren't going to take a chance putting him back out there. He's an outstanding football player and losing him hurt. But it wasn't all about him.

"We've got to do what's best for the kid, and that's what we're going to do."

Nice job by Coach Mask. He did the right thing. I hate to say it but there are high school coaches who would not have done the same thing in a playoff situation.

My friends sons teammate was injured during a game last year. As he was limping on the sideline the coach goes out of his way to walk by the kid. He tells him to quit f'n limping. Turns out the kid tore ligaments in his foot completely off the bone.

Good to hear that there are some coaches out there that care about the kids that are laying it all on the line for them.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a freshman in HS and while repping with a senior, I broke my hand trying to block him. I was forced to finish the practice (even going into a 3-point stance at points, ouch). This crap happens all the time.

Big up to that coach.

• 4 weeks later...

Free interview at the Under Armour check in

Gotta love his answer to the last question. War Eagle Tre

Is it me or does he look high? Or sleepy?

It's the new "cool" thing. It makes them look "chill". It's like they are tryin to portray that they aren't taking anything too seriously, and nothing bothers them. It's supposed to give an air of confidence. Not that I agree with it, but it is what it is.

Free interview at the Under Armour check in

Gotta love his answer to the last question. War Eagle Tre

Is it me or does he look high? Or sleepy?

Just looks laid back and confident to me.

Good stuff but let's try to post videos and pics from the all star games in the Auburn commits/targets in All Star games thread also.

Good stuff but let's try to post videos and pics from the all star games in the Auburn commits/targets in All Star games thread also.

Feel free to put any of my content anywhere you like.

Thanks. I will try but not sure if I can having to use Crappernet Explorer right now.

I've copied over this one and the Evans one. Will do same if I come across any more.

To me he seems a bit uncomfortable talking about himself. Much more animated talking about the game or other players. Sounds like a smart kid kid, likeable

Seems like a good kid. speaks well and thinks before he speaks. I am glad we got him not just for his football talent but because he does seem like an Auburn man. Confident without being cocky.

I have mentioned this before but since it is the topic; Tre is one of the more humble big time recruits I have ever spoken to until...I spoke to Roc Thomas. And having spoke to several of the kids now, almost all of them fit that mold personality wise. And those that don't aren't doing it wrong, DQ, Stuckey and another one or two seem like they will follow suit once they get here. But Tre, Roc, Sean, Stanton etc. are all kids that I would let watch my daughter if need be. The future is very bright and I look for AU to disappear from the Police Blotter altogether for many years!! Of course there will be mistakes made, these are college kids after all. But I don't see Lawson, Tre Williams, Roc Thomas and Rashaan Evans commiting any home invasions!!

Archived