2014 5* ILB Tre Williams commits to AU!

Hooverwareagle

I'm very excited about Tre! But I can't for the life of me understand how some kids tear it up at Summer camps and shoot up the rankings while others hardly move. Sean outperformed 5* talents on arguably the two biggest stages of the summer and it's like he hasn't even been evaluated... We're these people not looking at the same kid that Trent Dilfer was looking at?

He will move up Wednesday when the new 4*s are given out.

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tre picked up his 5th* from Rivals Icondude.gifLINK I will change the title if it's enough to give him a 5th * on the composite.

Wasn't it a sliver of a difference before? I would think this would be enough but then again, you know how I feel about Math. :blink:

Good for tre. Nice response to hok. Regarding Sean white ... Same thing as last year with Lawson ... Would Lawson have jumped to no 1 overall if was simply 2-3 inches taller. I wish these kids were judged on their anticipated success at the college level and not necessarily whether they meet prototypical nfl measurables .... Of course I could be completely wrong

Good for tre. Nice response to hok. Regarding Sean white ... Same thing as last year with Lawson ... Would Lawson have jumped to no 1 overall if was simply 2-3 inches taller. I wish these kids were judged on their anticipated success at the college level and not necessarily whether they meet prototypical nfl measurables .... Of course I could be completely wrong

Let's not let a little thing that that stop us from sharing our opinions. Never stopped me. And how is Tre' not a 5* on the Composite? I see Roc is which is great.

I think we should find out if Tre can skip his Senior HS year and start practicing with the team now. I think he would have a chance or getting some PT this year.

Let's not let a little thing that that stop us from sharing our opinions. Never stopped me. And how is Tre' not a 5* on the Composite? I see Roc is which is great.

Basically because ESPN has him as 78th overall and Scout has not given out 5*s to their top 40 yet. Tre is 34th there.

Basically because ESPN has him as 78th overall and Scout has not given out 5*s to their top 40 yet. Tre is 34th there.

Yeah, I see now. :crossed arms: I refuse to accept it. And thanks to JFDTiger80, I was scoffed at this spring for suggesting that Tre and DD might arrive on campus and play. Davis I will give you but Tre could see a bunch of snaps next season IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Tre is more defined than I thought he was. I posted in the other thread that he was maybe an inch taller than me. I am just under 6'-03". Maybe had a difference in shoes, either way he looks every bit like the LB he is reported to be. You can't judge a kid's size real well in pics. They could be old, or bad angles. How tall is the photographer? I like to see them eye to eye. I'm a little whacko at times but I do feel like when I meet someone eye to eye it tells me 75% of what I need to know. Not just with athletes but with people in general. It's not a secret power, I just find it very valuable.

I knew full well that would be picked up by one of you two. Hey, at least I'm not in denial about it. But just meeting the kid and watching him interact with the other players it is obvious he is a/the leader.

Any update on his game last night?

Played well. Don't have stats yet.

I haven't seen anything either.

not official but he told me he had 10 tackles and 1 sack

Nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Should we be worried that he's taking visits?

Lol. No. Tre is all Auburn as long as this team fights no matter what the situation is.

Archived