General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny Manziel was a 3* coming out of high school. But the kid plays with so much passion and confidence. Did you see him talking up the team on the sidelines? He has guts and leadership qualities we are woefully missing.

I started a thread very similar to this about 3 hours ago that got moved to the "catch all" coaching thread of 3 digit pages. Why hasn't this one?

wde

A lot of us AU fans have been saying the spread is the future for awhile now. Funny thing is that tomorrow there will still be people saying that you can't win in the SEC with a spread and that we must copy bama to be successful.

AU's poor decision to go back to the pro-syle (and poor execution of this transition) will be studied by students of the game with abject horror for years to come.

Our only consolation may be that we've forever stemmed the tide of "only the pro-style works in the SEC" BS...

I was really impressed with the Northwestern coach, I don't remember his name. His offense was innovative and the announcers were saying some of his best talents were for motivation and toughness. His players really want to play for him.That says a lot.

Why not hire Kliff Kingsbury for AU's next HC? He's the brains behind TAMU's offensive success, and Houston's success last year. Some lucky team is going to take a chance on hiring Kingsbury away fromTAMU. It might as well be AU.

AU's poor decision to go back to the pro-syle (and poor execution of this transition) will be studied by students of the game with abject horror for years to come.

Our only consolation may be that we've forever stemmed the tide of "only the pro-style works in the SEC" BS...

Id take their OC

Yes, I agree. Seemed to dial up the right call on 90% of the time against the best D they have played. Maybe if he comes Johnny football will transfer.

I refuse to use ^-^ , but I was kidding.

I was really impressed with the Northwestern coach, I don't remember his name. His offense was innovative and the announcers were saying some of his best talents were for motivation and toughness. His players really want to play for him.That says a lot.

Yeah, I agree Pat Fitzgerald is a great coach, but he'll never come here or leave N'western for that matter. He's a N'western alum.

Archived