General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

they aren't running a full spread. it's a very mixed offense. remember kingsbury played for mike leach. it was developed from his old air raid offense with spread elements. either way, it's what we should have been running all year.

that doesn't make any sense, Air raid offense is spread offense and with more spread elements....it is still spread offense.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they aren't running a full spread. it's a very mixed offense. remember kingsbury played for mike leach. it was developed from his old air raid offense with spread elements. either way, it's what we should have been running all year.

that doesn't make any sense, Air raid offense is spread offense and with more spread elements....it is still spread offense.

how does that not make sense to you? there's more passing in this offense than running. the spread elements mixed are the occasional screens and draws. different types of offenses can be mixed together, that's how the "multiple" offense came about. kingsbury doesn't even have a experience in spread offense because his playing career was under mike leach....who uses the air raid offense.

how does that not make sense to you? the air raid offense was around way before the spread. the spread elements mixed are the occasional screens and draws. not much of the offense has been the spread. different types of offenses can be mixed together, that's how the "multiple" offense came about.

so what exactly is spread in your opinion? since when any air raid offense go under center and run power I formation?

here the info I get on air raid offense.

The system is designed out of a shotgun formation with four wide receivers and one running back. The formations are a variation of the run and shoot offense with two outside receivers and two inside slot receivers. The offense also utilizes trips formations featuring three wide receivers on one side of the field and a lone single receiver on the other side.

The description above fit the spread offense. The multiple offense is the one that our beloved OC running right now.

how does that not make sense to you? the air raid offense was around way before the spread. the spread elements mixed are the occasional screens and draws. not much of the offense has been the spread. different types of offenses can be mixed together, that's how the "multiple" offense came about.

so what exactly is spread in your opinion? since when any air raid offense go under center and run power I formation?

The system is designed out of a shotgun formation with four wide receivers and one running back. The formations are a variation of the run and shoot offense with two outside receivers and two inside slot receivers. The offense also utilizes trips formations featuring three wide receivers on one side of the field and a lone single receiver on the other side.

The description above fit the spread offense. The multiple offense is the one that our beloved OC running right now.

look up the air raid offense and my edited post. the air raid offense was derived from the spread by guys like Mike Leach and Tony Franklin. It uses elements of the spread, but just because it uses some elements and is developed from the spread doesn't mean that that offense is a spread. You can take offense A and create offense B, but that doesn't mean it's still offense A. Spread is what teams like Oregon, Arizona, and Clemson run. There is very little passing. Teams like Oklahoma State, West Virginia and Texas Tech, when coached by Mike Leach, run the air raid style. Its heavy passing.

Would be nice, but I don't see it happening for several reasons.

He wouldn't leave anyways. Thinks of all the athletes they are going to start getting from the goldmine in Texas as the only SEC team in Texas. They will be a force to be reckoned with. Smart move to dump the Big 12.

look up the air raid offense and my edited post. the air raid offense was derived from the spread by guys like Mike Leach and Tony Franklin. It uses elements of the spread, but just because it uses some elements and is developed from the spread doesn't mean that that offense is a spread. You can take offense A and create offense B, but that doesn't mean it's still offense A. Spread is what teams like Oregon, Arizona, and Clemson run. There is very little passing. Teams like Oklahoma State, West Virginia and Texas Tech, when coached by Mike Leach, run the air raid style. Its heavy passing.

I get it .. next time If I saw a spade(spread) I will not call it a spade(spread). what clemson run(Gus Offense) with two back and 2 Tightend and one WR line up with QB in shotgun is called spread. what Mike Leach run with four wide receiver and one back with QB in shotgun is called multiple. I will hang up now since this conversation is going no where.

GET GUS! He is the best spread coach in the country or at least in the top two. He already knows the players and staff. He is the best and most logical choice.

How many games as a head coach has he coached? NO, not even close to ready. Besides he will wait for the Arkansas job.

He also has a cam newton for the next 2 or 3 years. I dont think I would leave

He dang sure has a good QB, that white boy can flat out PLAY BALL.

He also has a cam newton for the next 2 or 3 years. I dont think I would leave

He dang sure has a good QB, that white boy can flat out PLAY BALL.

the politcally correct term is "caucasian", but either way he knows how to ball. If RG3 can win the Heisman on last years Baylor team then he should be able to win as a freshman on an 8-2 SEC team.

The Crimson Tide is an incredible collection of athletes. You can argue that Alabama has a better player at every position than any other college team. They are built in the "old style" of defense and a pro-set offense. They ran into the 20th century today. It's not just "Johnny Football". If you put Manziel in a pro type offense, A&M gets shut out. The HUNH and spread systems are cutting edge. We tried to go backwards this year and it killed us. We need to hire a "Cutting Edge" coach and let him have control. Bring back the Gus Bus.

The Crimson Tide is an incredible collection of athletes. You can argue that Alabama has a better player at every position than any other college team. They are built in the "old style" of defense and a pro-set offense. They ran into the 20th century today. It's not just "Johnny Football". If you put Manziel in a pro type offense, A&M gets shut out. The HUNH and spread systems are cutting edge. We tried to go backwards this year and it killed us. We need to hire a "Cutting Edge" coach and let him have control. Bring back the Gus Bus.

count me in

if gene is going to go down with loeffler than they both need to go

...so why would he want to come? It would seem there is something totally dysfunctional within the AU program.

there's nothing dysfunctional about the program. There's something dysfunctional about the way the football staff coaches the football team and the way the play as a result.

Archived