General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

How about Kevin Sumlin? He's never lost to saban! lol. I say we make a trade for Sumlin and Johnny Football and we'll give them Chizik and a recruit to be named later. Who's with me?!!!!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about Kevin Sumlin? He's never lost to saban!

Sumlin won't leave Texas A&M, but we can get Kliff Kingsbury. He out-coached Kirby Smart today.

Maybe. Maybe not. We "out-coached" a lot of people in 2010. That's not hard to do when you have the best player on the field running your team. Kingsbury is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too young to be running an entire college football program. He is a GREAT OC however.

Obvious why Saban wants the HUNH offense "banned"...lol!

The ref's wouldn't let A&M run their O either. It was pathetic watching them not only let bama make their sub's, whish is the rule, but they would make damn sure bama was lined up before the ref got away from the ball. Typical SEC BS.

Sumlin won't leave Texas A&M, but we can get Kliff Kingsbury. He out-coached Kirby Smart today.

Maybe. Maybe not. We "out-coached" a lot of people in 2010. That's not hard to do when you have the best player on the field running your team. Kingsbury is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too young to be running an entire college football program. He is a GREAT OC however.

Funny comment. I'd take him in a NY second over what we have and most of what other SEC teams have right now.

What do you guys think about Shooter Mcgavon? Dude is a gamer.

He does eat pieces of sh&t for breakfast!

Funny comment. I'd take him in a NY second over what we have and most of what other SEC teams have right now.

Seriously? That is like saying you would rather eat chicken salad than chicken ish. We don't need to make an "upgrade" hire. We need to bring in a proven college HC. Kingsbury looks like he shaves about two times a week. Do you honestly think he is ready to run a multi-million dollar football prgoram? There is a helluvalot more involved with that than just x's and o's.

Here's another question. Would you rather have a Offensive or Defensive Head Coach?

I say Offensive Head Coach.

Personally I would love to have Steve Spurrier. You know he wouldn't put up with poor performances and we tell us all what we want to hear, with a lot less coach speak. Also, he would pull a QB in the middle of a series if performance was bad and wouldn't care about the poor kids feeling.

Interesting you would bring up Spurrier's name. A man on the bus last night who works at the aiports saw Spurrier at the airport on Tuesday

Can we please not make a knee jerk hire based on an OC's first year in the league with an incredible qb? Gus got how much for having a qb that won all those games? And we had what the year before and the year after?

Can we please not make a knee jerk hire based on an OC's first year in the league with an incredible qb? Gus got how much for having a qb that won all those games? And we had what the year before and the year after?

We had what (in the other 2 years with Gus)? A better year than any of the expert predictors were willing to project us having, that's what.

Let me put it this way: Every year we had Gus as our OC, we outperformed the expectations of the vast majority of prognosticators and people who don't wear O&B glasses. All this while dealing with a HC who seems like one of those guys just better suited to being a Coordinator.

Do some people really believe we would be 3-9 (if we're lucky) this year if we still had Gus?!? I know this year has been tough, but that's no excuse to totally let go your grip on reality...

If CGM had a couple more years of experience running an entire football program, not just 8 games, I would totally jump on the Gus Bus. My biggest fear is not only if he can run a successful offense for a long term in the SEC but can he successfully put together a coaching staff that can teach these young men, develop their talent, into SEC caliber players. In his last year he had K Frazier under his wing. Apparently Frazier ran his offense throughout his high school career and was the USA Today's # 1 rated Duel Threat QB .Why could he not produce under CGM in his freshman year? Not trying to compare K Frazier to anyone but it begs for me to point out the many freshman QB's that are in other programs excelling. Not coming down on K Frazier, I am a huge fan and still believe the light will come on for him under the right coach but I am not on the Gus Bus for this main reason, not this season but last season's results. Let Gus get training at how to become a player developer and a head coach somewhere else. Now is not the time for Auburn to hire an up and comer. We need an established, PROVEN coach with a track record of developing players to play equal to or above their expectations/ potential, the ability to bring structure to this team and have a plan for the next 5 years that will/should produce championship caliper football. I love Gus but I do not think he is ready for Auburn, this is just my educated opinion on what I think is best for Auburn RIGHT NOW!

We had what (in the other 2 years with Gus)? A better year than any of the expert predictors were willing to project us having, that's what.

Let me put it this way: Every year we had Gus as our OC, we outperformed the expectations of the vast majority of prognosticators and people who don't wear O&B glasses. All this while dealing with a HC who seems like one of those guys just better suited to being a Coordinator.

Do some people really believe we would be 3-9 (if we're lucky) this year if we still had Gus?!? I know this year has been tough, but that's no excuse to totally let go your grip on reality...

I can't say one way or another. Do you think the discipline just went to hell this season? What was one of the biggest complaints on O last year? Lack of QB play and the Oline having an inability to hold up. Then there was this year.... Saying that we "outperformed" expectations seems like a lowering of our expecations. For that matter, we outperformed in 2010, and followed up with the worst record of any defending national champion. I personally don't think Gus is what we're in need of at this time. We need a hard ars to fix this. We hired a freaking security firm to oversee off campus players...REALLY?

I can't say one way or another. Do you think the discipline just went to hell this season? What was one of the biggest complaints on O last year? Lack of QB play and the Oline having an inability to hold up. Then there was this year.... Saying that we "outperformed" expectations seems like a lowering of our expecations. For that matter, we outperformed in 2010, and followed up with the worst record of any defending national champion. I personally don't think Gus is what we're in need of at this time. We need a hard ars to fix this. We hired a freaking security firm to oversee off campus players...REALLY?

The more I hear about it, I think the staff lost the team when we hired private detectives to spy on the players. IMO, that is a major factor in what has happened on the field this season. By doing this, it sends the players the message that the coaches don't trust the players. In turn, the players don't trust the coaches and have tuned them out. They are out there playing for themselves instead of playing for the team. This is just my opinion. I wish I knew for sure what has happened to us.

The more I hear about it, I think the staff lost the team when we hired private detectives to spy on the players. IMO, that is a major factor in what has happened on the field this season. By doing this, it sends the players the message that the coaches don't trust the players. In turn, the players don't trust the coaches and have tuned them out. They are out there playing for themselves instead of playing for the team. This is just my opinion. I wish I knew for sure what has happened to us.

Why do we have a head coach that has to hire a security firm to watch the players? When the head coach says there is a curfew, you should follow it or suffer the consequences. Apparently our players do not respect the head coach enough to follow his rules, therefore our head coach has to hire outside help.. RIDICULOUS! The first person to blame in this is JJ.. when Chizik goes in and says he needs a security firm to watch the players because they won't follow his rules.. JJ just agrees.. WOW just WOW.

I personally would have no problem bringing Gus in as HC. I do understand, however, the people that want someone with more experience as a HC.

Having said that, if you think we would not be better off with Gus as our OC than the 'offense' we put on the field currently, you really need to have your medication(s) checked. The two main staffing changes we made from last year to this year were our Coordinators. Our defense last year was just as bad as this year's. Our offensive personnel is overall very similar to the situation we had last year. Strangely, our attitude on offense, and the overall record we achieved as a consequense, were quite different. Go figure.

If people choose to believe that somehow Loeffler has done just as good a job as Malzhan, that's their perogative, I guess. Have fun with that.

Seriously? That is like saying you would rather eat chicken salad than chicken ish. We don't need to make an "upgrade" hire. We need to bring in a proven college HC. Kingsbury looks like he shaves about two times a week. Do you honestly think he is ready to run a multi-million dollar football prgoram? There is a helluvalot more involved with that than just x's and o's.

I agree on needing to hire a proven HC... but I said I'd take him over what we have now... which I'm sure most here would agree

What about hiring Kliff Kingsbury as head coach?

Little early to go down that road..........we need to do something but I don't think he is the answer.

Besides, I would not be shocked if Tubby leaves TxTech and they go after him.

What about Gundy at OK St. Normally I would say no chance, but coachingsearch.com said He was interested in aTm last year, and Arkansas might go after him. He is already the most wins in OK St history for a head coach. Long shot, but I think would be a great hire.

Archived