General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

I think the best thing for all of us to do is watch whatever coach is currently on tv and has the team playing well, then suggest we go after him.

Or we can look at the body of work?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really liking JIM MORA JR. and what he has done with UCLA in one year!

He would be on top of my list right now. He is NUMBER 1.

The question is can we get him??????????

I think that's going too far but he'd be a good grab. If that was sarcasm, I'm not sure what your point was with it.

No it wasn't sarcasm. He is fixing to be 9-2 at UCLA after one year! The defense needs some help though. I really like Mora Jr and he wouldn't come with the baggage of Petrino.

only bad thing would be mora comes with noel mazzone as baggage.

I think the best thing for all of us to do is watch whatever coach is currently on tv and has the team playing well, then suggest we go after him.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA my point exactly!!

Who was your suggestion as HC?

Keeping the ridiculous trend, Hugh Freeze wouldn't be a bad hire. We've had success with Ole Miss coaches before and he is definitely an overachiever in my book. They have nothing at Ole Miss talent wise but they make up for it in coaching.

Keeping the ridiculous trend, Hugh Freeze wouldn't be a bad hire. We've had success with Ole Miss coaches before and he is definitely an overachiever in my book. They have nothing at Ole Miss talent wise but they make up for it in coaching.

He is a good coach and wouldn't be a bad hire. Also if you like good coaches James Franklin at Vandy is a good coach, as is Utah St HC we should know that first hand.

Who was your suggestion as HC?

I haven't really picked one guy I would like the most. I guess I'll say I like Jimbo the best out of the names that have been mentioned so far. I think he's a good coach who can really recruit. I would love to see Dameyune Craig come back with him.

He is a good coach and wouldn't be a bad hire. Also if you like good coaches James Franklin at Vandy is a good coach, as is Utah St HC we should know that first hand.

Whoever hires the Utah St. coach is gonna get a good one. There defense is phenominal.

Franklin is a good coach and he will def get his shot but I think Freeze is more attractive at this point. Not just because he has hair either. Franklin may get the UT job. Volleys now think Gruden has no interest and Jimbo is all but a done deal. The realistic vol fans feel the Franklin hire is very possible and i think half of them would be pleased.

Yea but the west coast is a world away. I hate to say this but Kiffin is more likely to end up at AU than Jr.

LOL...and people claim we would be laughing stock if Petrino came.

Let's see....is Holgerson still on everyone's list? And as noted, might want to call Kiffin...he should be available pretty soon and has experience coaching in the SEC. And haven't heard "bring back Tubs" the past few weeks.

Let's see....is Holgerson still on everyone's list? And as noted, might want to call Kiffin...he should be available pretty soon and has experience coaching in the SEC. And haven't heard "bring back Tubs" the past few weeks.

Your comedic skills are lacking....and I, for one, would welcome Tubs back. At least he had balls!

Tuberville had balls?????? Yeah he is the guy that quit recruiting and quit Auburn right? Typical Tuberville fashion. Win a big game and lose one you should win by double digits! Has done a good job at Texas Tech and maybe he will get Arkansas job that he wants. Appreciated for what he done but who would want him back at Auburn?

Yea but the west coast is a world away. I hate to say this but Kiffin is more likely to end up at AU than Jr.

The point was, it aint happening... i hope. Were laughingstockU right now. I would be happy to have Petrino. He's a top 10 coach and we could get him dirt cheap. Arky was a title contending team with a HT winner QB before Bobby left. Take a look them now, without Bobby. He's a damn good coach.

The point was, it aint happening... i hope. Were laughingstockU right now. I would be happy to have Petrino. He's a top 10 coach and we could get him dirt cheap. Arky was a title contending team with a HT winner QB before Bobby left. Take a look them now, without Bobby. He's a damn good coach.

I agree , I was jabbing at the moral police around here.

I was just thinking that Tubs last game was 36-0 against bama....and I note that his TT team has actually allowed more points this season than AU.....considering the 59 that OSU laid on them today which is the third game they have given up more than 50. Tubs is a good guy and I liked him most of the time he was here but I sure don't want him back...since he has nothing to offer.

I could go for Bo. I wouldn't throw 4 or 5 million at him but I wouldn't be upset it we hired him either. I feel like Jimbo Fisher will be our next HC but if not there are other good coaches out there looking to make a move. It's not at all a bad time to be in the market for a new HC. I doubt Jay Jacobs could screw this hire up. Unless he keeps Gene Chizik.

I really like the idea of Mora Jr. actually. I think it would be a superb hire.

I mentioned him a while back. He would be good and he has said he is interested in coming back down South. Jimbo has grown on me this past week. Would be happy if the rumor about him was true.

Archived