General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

I will probably get blasted for this. A few of us have been talking about what should happen on the plains. WE have come up with a pretty good scenario. Fire Jacobs and hire a new AD. Give Chizik one more year to see if he can turn it around with the new recruiting class. This would give the new AD a year to find the right coach, and get a stellar recruiting class.

Thanks but no thanks. You don't leave a mess on the floor thinking if you get a new broom the mess will somehow clean its self up.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will probably get blasted for this. A few of us have been talking about what should happen on the plains. WE have come up with a pretty good scenario. Fire Jacobs and hire a new AD. Give Chizik one more year to see if he can turn it around with the new recruiting class. This would give the new AD a year to find the right coach, and get a stellar recruiting class.

Thanks but no thanks. You don't leave a mess on the floor thinking if you get a new broom the mess will somehow clean its self up.

What if it's a roomba? You hope that maybe your malfunctioning roomba will suddenly start cleaning as well as it used to while your other one is being shipped...

Bob Stoops-HC

Bobby Petrino-OC

Mark Stoops-DC

That would be a strong lineup.

That's what I said....LOL

Anybody who wouldn't take O'Brien is off their rocker. I'm not sure if you guys would be happy with anybody. You've got issues with anybody that is mentioned. Some of you guys seem like you will not be pleased no matter who is hired if it isn't Bobby Petrino or your particular guy.

Guest jojo1515

I honestly would be as pissed off with these inexperienced coaches as a was with Chiz when he was hired. I honestly would expect about the same as chiz sans the nc. If these are really our names, we are getting more pathetic by the minute imo. Ok. Flame away :)

O'Brien has done a great job at Penn State under extremely difficult circumstances. We could do a lot worse.

Does the Mark Stoops talk mean that Jimbo is out of the picture?

I honestly would be as pissed off with these inexperienced coaches as a was with Chiz when he was hired. I honestly would expect about the same as chiz sans the nc. If these are really our names, we are getting more pathetic by the minute imo. Ok. Flame away :)

At least you're being honest.

At least you're being honest.

:laugh:

I would be shocked on this one .O'Brien seems far fetched. Penn State is a great job with huge resources @ at top notch school in rich recruiting grounds.

The contract info published last year , were v. generous and offered a lot of stability for him. I don't think the other two are realistic either.

@@kkolumbo is tweeting about O'Brien:

Kyle Kolumbus@kkolumbo

@KML_TR what do you think of Bill O'Brien? Word is he is wanting the AU job if/when we can Chiz.

Expand

21h TRlogo_normal.jpg Kevin Ledford@KML_TR

@kkolumbo Love him. Belichick disciple. Has done a tremendous job at PSU under circumstances. He'll be a hot commodity among NFL teams too.

Expand

21h meincabo_normal.jpg Kyle Kolumbus@kkolumbo

@KML_TR IYO, who should AU go after that we COULD likely hire?

Expand

21h TRlogo_normal.jpg Kevin Ledford@KML_TR

@kkolumbo I've always thought Petrino was a natural fit. Like Malzahn too. But if BOB is legitimately interested, ya gotta go with him.

Expand

21h image_normal.jpg Adam Coelho@AdamCoelhoTR

@KML_TR @kkolumbo BOB wanted the BC job bad last year we stuck with Spaz #facepalm

Expand

21h meincabo_normal.jpg Kyle Kolumbus@kkolumbo

@AdamCoelhoTR @KML_TR yiiiiikes. Auburn is absolutely DUMB if we don't go all in for him, if he would take the job.

Hide conversation

I would be shocked on this one .O'Brien seems far fetched. Penn State is a great job with huge resources @ at top notch school in rich recruiting grounds.

The contract info published last year , were v. generous and offered a lot of stability for him. I don't think the other two are realistic either.

I don't think so. He can't compete for anything up there for a long time.

No way O'Brien leaves PSU IMO. He preached to those kids to saty at PSU. I just don't see him bolting after one season.

Of course he preached to them to stay -- it would've been weird to tell them to get while the gettin' was good! That doesn't mean it wouldn't have been smart of them to have done so. And he won't commit to staying.

No way O'Brien leaves PSU IMO. He preached to those kids to saty at PSU. I just don't see him bolting after one season.

Of course he preached to them to stay -- it would've been weird to tell them to get while the gettin' was good! That doesn't mean it wouldn't have been smart of them to have done so. And he won't commit to staying.

Maybe so. I would LOVE to get him. I just don't see him leaving PSU right now.

Maybe so. I would LOVE to get him. I just don't see him leaving PSU right now.

You could be right. It's just one of the more interesting names being thrown around right now.

Penn State is a great job with huge resources @ at top notch school in rich recruiting grounds.

Penn State is also under a 4-year postseason ban with a loss of 40 scholarships over that time-frame...

Archived