General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would a high profile coach come here when if you dont win one bad year,and two tears ago you won the National Titleand now every body says bring another coach in. Chiz made a mistake on hiring a coach that rid not work out. Was he not the one that put together the right assistants when we won it all. People have turned there back on someone that won us a National Title. I remeber everyone saying Auburn hae a family atmosphere,but are we really. Every recruits says the same thing about us. We have a chance to bring in the best recruiting class we have ever had,and we turn our back on someone that we all said two years ago we are all family, so all of you that wants a high profile coac bring in a assistant coach that has never has no ties with Auburn. i am glad my rea family is not the way some have been. the man deserves one more year at first.

Why would a high profile coach come here when if you dont win one bad year,and two tears ago you won the National Titleand now every body says bring another coach in. Chiz made a mistake on hiring a coach that rid not work out. Was he not the one that put together the right assistants when we won it all. People have turned there back on someone that won us a National Title. I remeber everyone saying Auburn hae a family atmosphere,but are we really. Every recruits says the same thing about us. We have a chance to bring in the best recruiting class we have ever had,and we turn our back on someone that we all said two years ago we are all family, so all of you that wants a high profile coac bring in a assistant coach that has never has no ties with Auburn. i am glad my rea family is not the way some have been. the man deserves one more year at first.

3-9 is NOT accepted at AU. Sunshine pump....Denied.

Is this for real? Because AU is a family we can't demand better out of one another? The young men that fight and bleed for our football team deserve better. They've been ill-prepared for two years now. Title or not, this season is unacceptable, no?

If your son mower your lawn and sucked at it in spite of being given a small fortune for doing the work and still doing it poorly, having the best equipment money can buy but now sucks at it, are you not going to make other arrangements?

Hell, Dan Hawkins benched his own son at Colorado and they're ACTUAL family. Give me a damn break.

When they bring in the assistant coach from Oklahoma and he has a bad year just remember to make sure and send your money toyour alumni letter with a check to th athletic dep. in after that season

Without a clean house including the AD, I do not know why a name coach would come to our little dysfunctional paradise.

They can always use an offer from us to get a raise without taking the professional risk .

Sorry, but I just dont have any faith in Chizik to turn things around. That is the bottom line for me. I believe there is a giant mess behind the scenes that has played into the disaster we see on the field every Saturday and that mess isnt going to get any better as long as Chizik is in control

The sooner that bum is packing a moving van the better. 3-9 in year four in INEXCUSABLE. There is no grey area here. He has to go. It is not ok that we all know without a doubt that UA is going to beat our brains out and they will do so every year that Gene Chizik is the head coach. I hope you people that consider Chizik "family" enjoy the ass whipping we get Saturday. He is hired help. Enough of this family bullcrap

It's not that we're losing, it's how we're losing. None of our recruits are anymore developed than they were the first day they stepped foot on the plains. They are lost. Chizik is a fake bro. Head coach... Not hardly. Farthest thing from it. We are worse today than we were yesterday. Every second Chizik spends with our players the worse they will play and the players aren't stupid. Even they know Chizik is a fake. he has no control of this team because he's not a coach. he's a puppet. Pat Dye needs to go get hammered on his own time and let a real football coach turn this nightmare around. If his little buddy Chizik is still here bext year LaughingStockU will be rolling. What the is a Gene Chizik anyways? 5-19... 3-9... Come on man. Wake the up!

Is someone seriously trying to defend Chizik? What separates the teams like Notre Dame and Alabama and other teams that are at the top is they accept nothing less than the absolute best in their coaching. The same should be expected at Auburn. If 4-7 was enough to get Derek Dooley fired, who was 15-21 in 3 seasons at Tennessee, then Gene Chizik should have no hope in continuing to be Auburn's head coach. After the Iron Bowl he will be 38-38 for his career as HC, and without his one "fortunate to have Cam Newton and Gus Malzahn" season he will be 19-19 as our HC. That is pathetic to say he is our coach. The top coaches in the game (Nick Saban, Brian Kelly, and Urban Meyer) all had great resumes before they got to a big time program and Chizik can't manage to do any of that.

Wow, people are really starting to lose it if they think O'Brien is a potential candidate. That's just silly. Auburn is the better job, but he seems to be rather invested at PSU.

Did you read his comments within the past few days? He completely dodged the question as to whether or not he'd be back at PSU. Sources at the college are saying the sanctions are worse than he thought and he may want out.

When they bring in the assistant coach from Oklahoma and hechas a bad year just remembercto makecsure and send your money to from 3 your alumni letter with a check to th athletic dep. in after that season

p

is hechas spanish? well hechas to you too

I bet when he started mowing your lawn every year he

e did a good job but had one year that he made some mistakes did you go out and find someone knowing you would have to pay more for the mowing would you no tell him that i want you to do better or I am going to get someone else.No loyalty in t he world anymore to If he repeafs no performace then. we makeca fhange. He leaves and you lose all these recruits you probably will say all we can do without them,no we cannott

I bet when he started mowing your lawn every year he

e did a good job but had one year that he made some mistakes did you go out and find someone knowing you would have to pay more for the mowing would you no tell him that i want you to do better or I am going to get someone else.No loyalty in t he world anymore to If he repeafs no performace then. we makeca fhange. He leaves and you lose all these recruits you probably will say all we can do without them,no we cannott

I'll have what your having. I would rather lose a few recruits for one year and find the right coach than to be stuck with an 8-5 record every year. 4 years is plenty to prove your value

If we chase after O'Brien, would we be willing to pay his buyout?

To your earlier question, no I actually hadn't seen his comments. To this question, I think it would depend on how badly Auburn wanted him. I genuinely hope AU goes after they best coach, regardless of money, because they have enough to afford any coach in the country. I don't believe buyouts or money in general is going to affect Auburns decision, if they are going after a coach. I'm getting a really sick feeling that Gogue is seriously contemplating keeping chizik. I could be wrong, but I get this strange feeling that if Auburn puts up a fight and holds the turds close (meaning no blowout), chiz might get one more year.

If Gogue basis his decisioin solely on financial issues, I'm afraid we'll be stuck with Chizik at least for one more year. I hate myself for thinking this, much less saying this out loud, but I wish the turnout for the past Saturday's game was not as good as it was. That might give the PTB a false impression that the fan base will be there, with or without Gene Chizik. So, wouldn't it be financially advantageous to keep him at least one more year? I'm worried that Chizik will be back next year. There are absolutely no rumors or nothing coming out of AU these days, and I think that's not a good sign. I have read in some posts that businesses are either feeling it now (or will in the very near future) the loss of revenue from the fans not coming or leaving during the 2nd quarter or half time. Maybe the AU City Chamber of Commerce needs to meet with Gogue.

If Gogue basis his decisioin solely on financial issues, I'm afraid we'll be stuck with Chizik at least for one more year. I hate myself for thinking this, much less saying this out loud, but I wish the turnout for the past Saturday's game was not as good as it was. That might give the PTB a false impression that the fan base will be there, with or without Gene Chizik. So, wouldn't it be financially advantageous to keep him at least one more year? I'm worried that Chizik will be back next year. There are absolutely no rumors or nothing coming out of AU these days, and I think that's not a good sign. I have read in some posts that businesses are either feeling it now (or will in the very near future) the loss of revenue from the fans not coming or leaving during the 2nd quarter or half time. Maybe the AU City Chamber of Commerce needs to meet with Gogue.

Keeping Chizik carries financial liabilities as well. Also, hiring the right coach would pay for itself regardless of cost. See Saban and even BP. Winning is very profitable.

Keeping Chizik carries financial liabilities as well. Also, hiring the right coach would pay for itself regardless of cost. See Saban and even BP. Winning is very profitable.

Also, buyouts aren't lump sump payments. We wouldn't be on the hook for almost 20 mil immediately

Archived