General coaching hire discussion (your random tossed out name is probably merged here)

TitanTiger

Who will be the next coach  

326 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be our next head coach?

• Gus Malzhan
    • Charlie Strong
    • Jimbo Fisher
    • Jeff Fisher
    • David Shaw
    • Bobby Petrino
    • Bob Stoops
    • Other

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like O'Brien and the job he's done at Penn State given their awful situation. It just needs to be a requirement that he doesn't bring Ted Roof with him.

Roof's defense is doing better at Penn St. than it did with more talent at AU. Not sure if pinning that on Roof is necessarily fair. Roof is gone now, and AU has a guy who knows the ropes but hasn't turned anything around. Only one common denominator.

I like O'Brien and the job he's done at Penn State given their awful situation. It just needs to be a requirement that he doesn't bring Ted Roof with him.

Roof's defense is doing better at Penn St. than it did with more talent at AU. Not sure if pinning that on Roof is necessarily fair. Roof is gone now, and AU has a guy who knows the ropes but hasn't turned anything around. Only one common denominator.

I completely agree with you on that. I just think we'd need some fresh, new blood if O'Brien were to be hired.

I completely agree with you on that. I just think we'd need some fresh, new blood if O'Brien were to be hired.

As hard a time as Roof got from the AU faithful, even if O'Brien tried to bring him back, I'd bet he'd decline. (That's a lot of ifs)

The jury is still out on O'Brien. How are we not sure this just isn't a one year case where they are catching a lot of breaks. Plus I feel it would be in bad taste for him to leave now after telling players and fans he would be there to see it through.

Isn't O'Brien a PSU alumnus?

I will probably get blasted for this. A few of us have been talking about what should happen on the plains. WE have come up with a pretty good scenario. Fire Jacobs and hire a new AD. Give Chizik one more year to see if he can turn it around with the new recruiting class. This would give the new AD a year to find the right coach, and get a stellar recruiting class.

IDK, when CTR was here, at least we got some good halftime adjustments.

more BS.

That's my gut feeling as well. I really do think Malzahn will get the nod IF JJ isn't fired, which will just keep the homeboy network going. Not that Malzahn wouldn't be a good/bad pickup, I just don't know how much meddling is come from the HC or if it's coming from upstairs.

Early on I kept hearing Bob Stoops name beening talked about a lot. Anything new about that?

I think that was just a name that was thrown around on who we could try to throw tons of $$ at.

Here we go..

Bob Stoops-HC

Bobby Petrino- OC

Mark Stoops-DC

***joke ....not intended on being taken as reality!!***

Here we go..

Bob Stoops-HC

Bobby Petrino- OC

Mark Stoops-DC

Some idiot is now gonna use you as an "inside source". Ha!

Here we go..

Bob Stoops-HC

Bobby Petrino- OC

Mark Stoops-DC

Some idiot is now gonna use you as an "inside source". Ha!

I wouldn't doubt it...LOL.

That would be a nice lookin coaching staff tho.

Isn't O'Brien a PSU alumnus?

Cool, thanks.

No, he went to Brown. DE & LB. 90-92

Archived