Could we be playing UGA twice?

wesfau

With Clausen now starting at QB for UT, is it possible that they lose to either Vandy or UK?

If that happens, would we then face UGA twice?

If we were to beat UGA twice, would our SOS get a boost (rather than playing a 3-SEC loss UT)?

If our SOS gets a boost (though it isn't a BCS component, it does factor into the computer rankings), does that help us leap-frog Oklahoma in the BCS poll?

Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

UGA fans may not agree with me, but they are better off not playing in the SECCG. If UGA can pull off a victory againt AU, they will be sitting in the BCS top 5 with only GT left to play. Playing in the SECCG would not benefit them, other than claiming an SEC championship.

UGA fans may not agree with me, but they are better off not playing in the SECCG.  If UGA can pull off a victory againt AU, they will be sitting in the BCS top 5 with only GT left to play.  Playing in the SECCG would not benefit them, other than claiming an SEC championship.

118846[/snapback]

Yea right!!......If UGA could get into the SECCG and beat AU in that game, I think UGA could move up. Maybe #3 in the BCS. If AU beats UGA, then UT is pretty much a lock in the SECCG.

Are you trying to tell me Tenn. has the chance to lose vs kentucky and vandy without ainge??? Give me a break...any team in the SEC could beat these teams with any type of "mediocre" qb, hell they could run the ball every play and win.

Are you trying to tell me Tenn. has the chance to lose vs kentucky and vandy without ainge???  Give me a break...any team in the SEC could beat these teams with any type of "mediocre" qb, hell they could run the ball every play and win.

118849[/snapback]

Honestly, I dont thing UGA has a chance at getting into the SECCG. UT isnt going to lose until the SECCG. I was just saying that IF UGA made the SECCG and they beat AU, they would move way up. But so much has to happen for UGA to even have a chance at playing AU twice.

If Bama could beat UK with Spencer Pennington, then surely Tennessee can do so with Rick Clausen.

118854[/snapback]

:P:D:D:D

Nice...

First off, even if UT losses to either UK or Vandy....we would still need to beat you just to get into the SECCG. So Auburn will only play UGA twice if UGA beats them AND UT losses to either UK/Vandy.

Second, not 1 UGA fan would agree with whoever said that Georgia is better off not playing in the SECCG. Please.....I want to win the SEC....not some 2nd-3rd tier BCS bowl game.

Oh yeah, I forgot, Bama is better than UT.  ;)

118858[/snapback]

And they have the No. 1 D in the nation. Just wonder how that great D allowed them to lose to Ark, who is terrible this year, an average USC team, and UT, who is not as good as the mighty tide. Probably officiating. Or maybe bad karma this year.

First off, even if UT losses to either UK or Vandy....we would still need to beat you just to get into the SECCG. So Auburn will only play UGA twice if UGA beats them AND UT losses to either UK/Vandy.

Second, not 1 UGA fan would agree with whoever said that Georgia is better off not playing in the SECCG. Please.....I want to win the SEC....not some 2nd-3rd tier BCS bowl game.

118902[/snapback]

With all due respect to UGA fans everywhere, if you guys can beat AU this weekend, I don't think you could do it again in the SECCG IF IF IF UGA got into the game.

With all due respect to UGA fans everywhere, if you guys can beat AU this weekend, I don't think you could do it again in the SECCG IF IF IF UGA got into the game.

118941[/snapback]

Not many thought LSU would beat us in Atlanta last year either.

Granted, I still believe that UT goes to Atlanta anyway.

too bad you didn't the push off pic that was taken one second earlier

I still dont think Johnson did anything illegal. Seen the video several times too.

I have confidence in Vandys ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory like they always do.

And I think they could a running back in at QB and just run the option game and punt on third down and beat kentucky 9-0.

All I want is for AU to beat UGA! WE can worry about the SECCG after we play Alabama. Too much at stake to look ahead.

Beat UGA!

Beat BAMMER!

Archived