Coaches know they are done?

AUTiger25

Wasn't sure if I needed to post this in recruiting or not but figured fans needed to see this.

@colecubelic: "Spoke to an SEC asst coach tonight, said multiple recruits he is after have told him they haven't heard from Auburn in 2-3 weeks."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for sharing that. My dad talked a week or two ago to a relative of a couple of players from down here in FL and the relative said the players believed the coaches weren't going to be back next year.

This only reiterates the point that the powers that be need to make a decision quickly and make it known publicly. Nothing worse than not knowing anything and speculation running rampant. If they want to keep this recruiting class, or any semblence of it, they need to move quicker rather than slower.

95% chance Chizik is gone. I feel bad for Van Gorder because I actually think if he had good position coaches and a head coach that actually let him do his job, he'd be a hell of a coordinator. I wouldn't be opposed to him sticking around, but Im sure the new coach would want to hire his own staff.

I feel like things are starting to spin out of control. I understand not wanting to make a decision till DEcember, but the athletic department needs to ensure that the program doesn't fall part in the process.

Nightmare situation: recruiting class falls apart, AU struggles to bring in a quality coach, and some players transfer.

The ramifications of this scenario could set auburn back 10 years and be worse than NCAA sanctions. I have advocated getting rid of chiz, but AU needs to do it the right way or we end up worse than we would if we kept chiz another year.

I feel like things are starting to spin out of control. I understand not wanting to make a decision till DEcember, but the athletic department needs to ensure that the program doesn't fall part in the process.

Nightmare situation: recruiting class falls apart, AU struggles to bring in a quality coach, and some players transfer.

The ramifications of this scenario could set auburn back 10 years and be worse than NCAA sanctions. I have advocated getting rid of chiz, but AU needs to do it the right way or we end up worse than we would if we kept chiz another year.

Yes, but this is worst case and I doubt it will happen. When Chizik's buyout goes down at beginning of December he will be fired. Not sure about Jacobs yet. Hopefully the powers that be will move quickly and realize that Bama isn't going anywhere and that this football program makes way too much money to not bring in a "big-time" coach. If they hire a quality coach, we might lose some recruits but the class could still be top 10 - 20 if we retain some of the key guys (Foster, Lawson, Johnson, Liner). I doubt many players would transfer either. I think most players really like Auburn, and they might not admit it, but inside I think a good number would welcome a coaching change.

Yes, but this is worst case and I doubt it will happen. When Chizik's buyout goes down at beginning of December he will be fired. Not sure about Jacobs yet. Hopefully the powers that be will move quickly and realize that Bama isn't going anywhere and that this football program makes way too much money to not bring in a "big-time" coach. If they hire a quality coach, we might lose some recruits but the class could still be top 10 - 20 if we retain some of the key guys (Foster, Lawson, Johnson, Liner). I doubt many players would transfer either. I think most players really like Auburn, and they might not admit it, but inside I think a good number would welcome a coaching change.

Honestly, I'm ok with losing a few recruits, just not the whole class. I just don't like the idea that the perception is the coaching staff is likely gone and that the program is without direction. I know things take time, but I'm a fan, and its my job to be concerned.

I'm with you on some recruits welcoming the change. I think if w e make a good hire in a decent time frame, we won't lose much.

Johnson said today if Chizik is fired he will not come to Auburn. It's on espns College football page under the recruiting link on how senior football seasons in high school still matter.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=RNespn150300update

Johnson said today if Chizik is fired he will not come to Auburn. It's on espns College football page under the recruiting link on how senior football seasons in high school still matter.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/notebook?page=RNespn150300update

He said he would open it up, last time I read something he said. I think he already has "opened it up". I think he is, like others, are waiting to see what the best situation is for him.

I think I'd auburn brings in someone that stabilizes the program and has an offensive system that fits Johnson, he still comes. I don't think keeping chiz, just to get Johnson, makes any sense.

Yes, but this is worst case and I doubt it will happen. When Chizik's buyout goes down at beginning of December ...

When Chizik's buyout goes down at the beginning of December? It's been explained a thousand times that is not the way Chiz's buyout clause works. Why do people keep repeating the same nonsense as though it were true?

Wasn't sure if I needed to post this in recruiting or not but figured fans needed to see this.

@colecubelic: "Spoke to an SEC asst coach tonight, said multiple recruits he is after have told him they haven't heard from Auburn in 2-3 weeks."

Is this coming from the same guy that will be Is this the same guy that people

Sorry, I edited this because I was in the wrong for posting what I did and was using the wrong motives.

This is simple really... Which asst coach? and which recruits? is he speaking of

Yes, but this is worst case and I doubt it will happen. When Chizik's buyout goes down at beginning of December ...

When Chizik's buyout goes down at the beginning of December? It's been explained a thousand times that is not the way Chiz's buyout clause works. Why do people keep repeating the same nonsense as though it were true?

Yeah that's what I thought but then I read it somewhere in an article that it does goes down...I guess the article was wrong because yeah i thought it stays at the 10 mil.

Is this coming from the same guy that will be paying fines for a DUI pretty soon? Is this the same guy that people have claimed to have seen in bars numerous times sloppy wasted?

This is simple really... Which asst coach? and which recruits? is he speaking of

Because he likes to drink, whoever you are referring to, does that automatically make his information less credible?

We All know the best way to do this yet none of us are the prez of AU who knows exactly what's going on and I can assure you he knows how to handle it. I can just about guarantee you prez has been on the hunt for a while know. I don't trust JJ at all, but I fully trust the prez to bring home the bacon AU expects and deserves. Good times on the plains, good times.

Is this coming from the same guy that will be paying fines for a DUI pretty soon? Is this the same guy that people have claimed to have seen in bars numerous times sloppy wasted?

Because he likes to drink, whoever you are referring to, does that automatically make his information less credible?

No, it does not make his information less credible. I did bring it up for that purpose but I have been called out on it. Good catch on your part. I will edit my original post

Now,

How credible is information that comes from a talk radio sports guy that tweets a comment without using anything that can be fact checked? I answered your question so it would only be fair to answer mine

Kentucky already looking for their coach...Tennessee soon to be doing the same. This idea of waiting until the end of the season is nuts if we're going to have a shot at landing the big fish that we want to get. Gogue is really dropping the ball.

This idea of waiting until the end of the season is nuts if we're going to have a shot at landing the big fish that we want to get.

There are several big fish that wont talk with any team until their regular seasons are over. Right now the only fish that will officiallt talk are unemployeed re-treds.

If Chizik has abandoned recruiting, then he's not doing his job. Do we have to pay the buy out if he simply decides to stop doing his job?

Is there not a clause for that?

There are clauses that would void the buyout, but it's often subjective and difficult to proove unless its gross misconduct (like with Petrino at Arky and Leach at TT).

Archived