ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

This is what I heard from two friends, each on opposite sides of the matter. FSU is hurting financially, really hurting. I was doubted by several of you. I won't call you out. I believe Jimbo Fisher will be our next Head Coach at Auburn. He and Craig can flat recruit. If JJ is told he has to agree to get out of Jimbo's way this may be an incredible hire. We know Jackson is being re-assigned, maybe JJ's duties will be changed as well.

Chizik and his staff can flat out recruit as well.

Jimbo and staff 8-1

Chizik and staff 2-7

Need anymore positives?

Jimbo zero league titles

Jimbo zero national titles

Chizik national title

Chizik SEC title

Plus Chizik is a more accomplished asst coach. Winning one with Texas and undefeated season at AU...

Jimbo is no upgrade over Chizik IMO the book is still out on him, he has done little at the premier school in the ACC...,the SEC is about instant gratification...how long goes Jimbo get before the pitchforks and torches come out?

Are you kidding? lol

Unfortunately Farmer, Poet isn't kidding. Hard to believe Poet even knows what a football looks like with all the garbage that spews from his/her mouth. It's kind of pathetic that some of the members of this board haven't the slightest clue about football. I think they just like to look like @**holes.

Everything posted there was true. Do I think Chizik should stay...mmmmm no. But it does not take away from his accomplishments, no matter how terrible a HC he is ....and Jimbo has not done squat of note at FSU ....sorry AU could and should shoot for better

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does the word "mediocre" mean anything to you.

Mediocre would be a huge (damn near impossible) goal for this coaching staff and team to aspire too.

wde

I think Jimbo would be a great hire for Auburn (say what you will, but he comes with experience from coaching with satan) and JJ needs to pack his bags. Would be a great incentive to lure in a great coach to be head coach and AD at the same time. By the way I am not impressed with BVG, Ted Roof is better than BVG and that is not saying to much. I hope if Auburn is going after Jimbo then they make it quickly after the Iron Bowl. Maybe before the iron bowl is even over..........so that he can get after the recruits that are already committed. By the way maybe he would bring Stoops with him as DC!!

aucanucktiger, just nailed my exact response. Fisher has proven he can recruit but I could recruit well at FSU. Fisher hasn't won the weak ACC and I personally think his teams haven't played up to their talent

Well, I would admit, I am a little swayed by the conversation. I agree Fisher's teams have not played up to their potential. And player development was never there at FSU. Since that is our two biggest problems now at AU, I would tend to steer clear of him. Is he better than CGC, certainly, but will he fall short of our expectations, probably.

Guest jojo1515

Jimbo is 9-1 this year without Cam and Nick. In 2010, how many games did we win by squeaking it out? As I remenber, we could have easily been 8-4 ( and probably would have been even worse than that with the current qbs). I am not sure who we could get better than JF. Petrino MAY BE better. If you've heard much about BPs recruiting antics, I would bet on JF being a better fit (if the rumors are true and we can actually get him)

To the "bootskii" person-

(I'm not sure how to directly reply to someone's message on my phone, so PLEASE make sure he sees this if u know him)

You said "TT" didt produce in his later years.

Response:

2004- undefeated

2005-9-3 overall including 7-1 in SEC. Only loss was to LSU after kenny irons "put up 200" but John Vaughn went 1-6 kicking, including wide right in OT. Lost 20-17.

2006- 11-2 overall. 6-2 in SEC.

2007- went 9-4 with a win over #3 Florida in the swamp. Lost to LSU after miracle quasi hailmary TD with just seconds left.

2008- bad year. Missed bowl game.

Tuberville fired.

Saying TT didn't produce is his "later years" is not only ignorant, it is dead wrong. I went to auburn from 2003-2006. It was a great time to be at auburn. From 2004-2007, TTs SEC record was 27-6. That's INSANE! He had one bad year dude. He was fired bc the BOT did not like him. Not bc he want a great coach.

And consider this, most schools don't easily fire coaches who have won a National Championship - except us! Good luck finding another school dumb enough to let their championship coach get away, let alone fire him. We are something else....

Come on man. This is the worst AU team in my lifetime and beyond. The players are not developing. If anything, they get worse! We are not physical and it's like the teams we are playing are up against a scout team--minus Clemson and LSU. BCS crystal or not, we are going in the wrong direction and it didn't just start this season.

Spoke to the sister of an AU QB. (scout team) he tells her that they do what they want still. No discipline unless it gets reported or the player goes off on the coach and they HAVE TO at that point. There are players that care and care a'lot. They are the minority she said.

Anyone at that game tonight saw a staff that has hung it up. There was no communication between Chiz and the offensive coaches with anyone on the defensive staff. The UGA fans felt sorry for us I believe. I don't think I have ever been to an AU vs. UGA game where there wasn't at least one "fight" or "skirmish" off the field or on the field and I've been to over 30. Tonight...nothing. Not even any jawing between players or fans. I bet Iron Bowl will follow suit. Who wants to get in trouble or get a black-eye defending this Cluster....well you get it. Everyone was like :gofig: Ehh, so what?

Can we end this talk of Malzahn? I appreciate what he did at AU, but no way AU hires a head coach as unproven as him. If you think otherwise, you are out of touch with reality.

Can we end this talk of Malzahn? I appreciate what he did at AU, but no way AU hires a head coach as unproven as him. If you think otherwise, you are out of touch with reality.

We hired Chizik. How was he more proven than Gus?

$aban lost to uab and ulm. Not to mention, he was averaging atleast 3-4 losses per year until the past couple of years. It took uat to make him an elite coach.

People saying they wouldn't be happy with Jimbo being hired are crazy. As mentioned above, the right program for the right coach can have great success. The cupboard is stocked. We just need a HC that knows how to utilize that talent.

EXACTLY!! I have heard Jimbo speak, and he is full of energy. He is a fantastic recruiter too. Bring him on!!!!

ST was also saying something big would happen Vandy weekend and nothing ever did.

He said things were stirring. He never said anything would happen publicly. People just wrongly assumed it would be public.

They hired Chizik-just saying. :dunno:

Actually we can't stop talking about Gus. The three names being volleyed the most behind closed doors right now are Jimbo and Jeff Fisher and Gus Malzahn. Like it or not Gus is a legit contender to be the new HC.

Actually we can't stop talking about Gus. The three names being volleyed the most behind closed doors right now are Jimbo and Jeff Fisher and Gus Malzahn. Like it or not Gus is a legit contender to be the new HC.

Is Jeff Fisher actually being considered?

I could live with Malzahn back on the Plains as the head man. He would be way better than what we have now and saban is rightfully afraid of the HUNH offense.

/Is Jeff Fisher actually being considered?

Yes and if the Rams lose 10 of their last 11 like I expect then he could be a serious possibility.

If Fisher came, then VanGorder is a goner for sure. You simply cannot have that much moustache on one team.

After all we have been through, this made me laugh. I needed a good one. thats funny right there.

Malzahn would be a good fit at Auburn because in order to be successful as a football coach, you have to be good at specialties.

Gus Malzahn is known for his offensive mind, but he would also know of great defensive coordinators. Chizik, when hired, made quite a splash with bringing Malzahn on board. He knew that he would be a great counterpart.

His hiring of Loeffler makes no sense considering the resume. 1 year experience as an offensive coordinator. 37 years old and not much experience as a coordinator, but has good development as an qb coach. I think in time, Loeffler will be a good offensive coordinator, but hes in over his head right now.

Archived