ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

Can we end this talk of Malzahn? I appreciate what he did at AU, but no way AU hires a head coach as unproven as him. If you think otherwise, you are out of touch with reality.

Actually we can't stop talking about Gus. The three names being volleyed the most behind closed doors right now are Jimbo and Jeff Fisher and Gus Malzahn. Like it or not Gus is a legit contender to be the new HC.

I could live with Malzahn back on the Plains as the head man. He would be way better than what we have now and saban is rightfully afraid of the HUNH offense.

If he can find a solid DC to take over that side of the ball, I'd be all for it...so long as he has learned his lesson about the need to vary tempo sometimes. I like the HUNH, I just prefer flexibility and rhythm that doesn't rely upon the speed at which you operate.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we end this talk of Malzahn? I appreciate what he did at AU, but no way AU hires a head coach as unproven as him. If you think otherwise, you are out of touch with reality.

Actually we can't stop talking about Gus. The three names being volleyed the most behind closed doors right now are Jimbo and Jeff Fisher and Gus Malzahn. Like it or not Gus is a legit contender to be the new HC.

I could live with Malzahn back on the Plains as the head man. He would be way better than what we have now and saban is rightfully afraid of the HUNH offense.

If he can find a solid DC to take over that side of the ball, I'd be all for it...so long as he has learned his lesson about the need to vary tempo sometimes. I like the HUNH, I just prefer flexibility and rhythm that doesn't rely upon the speed at which you operate.

The Patriots Operate a no huddle offense, but they simply allow time to survey the field and if desired, run time off the clock before snapping the ball. Even with Newton, Malzahn expressed the ability to sustain 4 or 5 minute drives, running the zone read and utilizing the play action passes.

I guess my point is that you can run a no huddle offense effectively without using the fast tempo. The tempo at times, can be very effective, keep opposing defenses tired and caught off guard, but there also has to be a time where you can grind the clock. Malzahn knows how to do this. I would consider him a very attractive candidate to be the next head coach,

And consider this, most schools don't easily fire coaches who have won a National Championship - except us! Good luck finding another school dumb enough to let their championship coach get away, let alone fire him. We are something else....

I agree!

They hired Chizik-just saying. :dunno:

Look at the three names being bounced around (by fans not by authorities)

Jeff Fisher 0 years as college HC

Jimbo Fisher 3 years as college HC

Gus Malzahn 1 year as college HC

Where is the idea that any of these are proven college Head Coaches?

They hired Chizik-just saying. :dunno:

Look at the three names being bounced around (by fans not by authorities)

Jeff Fisher 0 years as college HC

Jimbo Fisher 3 years as college HC

Gus Malzahn 1 year as college HC

Where is the idea that any of these are proven college Head Coaches?

Jimbo has taken a program that was decimated in the final Bowden years and completely turned it around into a top ten team with loads of depth and talent. That's a proven head coach to me. I would glladly take Gus as well. Gus instantly gives the team an indentity and and shown nothing to indicate he will not be successful.

My question is why would Jimbo Fischer leave Fla State for Auburn? I would love to see Dameyune Craig back at AU though.

Read the thread and the Jimbo Fisher Discussion thread. There are plenty of reasons he would leave FSU for Auburn.

It's still Jimbo with all others way in the rear. I would love either Fisher. No matter what, Jimbo has the edge. Jeff Fisher has never recruited a high school kid. It isn't something you just decide to be good at one day. Jimbo has two of the best in Gran and Craig. He CAN develop potential and has had National type success at an ACC school. He should fare well at a school with our facilities at recruiting even better talent than what he has been able to secure in a second tier conference.

Jeff Fisher could probably pick up recruiting skills having coached in the NFL at a Super Bowl level. And no doubt could aquire quality staff. Either would be great. Malzahn is only in the conversation due to his presence here in 2010. He has to prove he can do it having to develop a QB. He won with Cam but he also spent quite a bit of time with Kiehl and I am upset with him on that end. Also he recruited Pike and...well we saw how that ended.

My question is why would Jimbo Fischer leave Fla State for Auburn? I would love to see Dameyune Craig back at AU though.

bikerider - "Wurd on da skreet" is that FSU is having quite signifigant $$$ issues.

To me, it's who can get the AD and BOT out of the operation.

Seems like Jacobs is still in - for now. The BOT will be there no matter what, and the new HC has to have the power to say bugger off.

Let's keep the pressure on Jacobs and continue to let Jay Gouge know our opinions

Just a note for all the people saying a school like AU would never hire someone without lengthy head-coaching experience: Will Muschamp.

Who the Hell is ST and why is (s)he a reliable source?

Jimbo Fisher's claim to fame is

1. being on Saban's 1 loss LSU team that backed into one nat'l title

2. he sounds like Bobby Bowden so FSU hired him as the BB rep to be

3. he was Auburn's QB coach during a very forgettable 5 years in Auburn football history

4. he's head coach at a school that ANYBODY could win 8 games a year at, w/ its ACC schedule and tons of FL talent that grow up wanting to only play for FSU (it would take a moron to lose them)

We'd do better w/ Stoops, Gundy or a half dozen other guys

3. he was Auburn's QB coach during a very forgettable 5 years in Auburn football history

4. he's head coach at a school that ANYBODY could win 8 games a year at, w/ its ACC schedule and tons of FL talent that grow up wanting to only play for FSU (it would take a moron to lose them)

I absolutely disagree with everything you just said. Jimbo is a good coach.

Here's an article about hate mail from FSU fans to Jimbo. The article says the emails accidentally go to a poli sci teacher with a similar name, but its quite telling of how the relationship between FSU fans anf Jimbo is really on the rocks. Come on up to the plains Jimbo!

Florida State's non-national championship season hasn't endeared fans to coach Jimbo Fisher and they've let him know by sending him a barrage of emails.

Only, those emails aren't hitting the coach's inbox, they're hitting the political science department on the Florida State campus.

Jeremiah "Jerry" Fisher, the academic coordinator for the political science department at FSU, has the unfortunate luck of having a university email address that begins with "jfisher." In fact, Fisher doesn't even have an email address listed on the school's athletic site, so people just assume that's what it is. And even if you're lucky enough to figure out Jimbo Fisher's real email address, the emails are usually scanned by Fisher's secretary before reaching his desk.

Jerry Fisher doesn't have such a filter.

So throughout the week, especially on game days, Jerry Fisher's inbox is stocked with colorful emails from fans just trying to have their voices heard. He also gets some of Jimbo Fisher's personal email.

"It happens frequently, but the ones that come in during a game, there are sometimes a lot of grammatical errors and misspellings," Jerry Fisher told the Associated Press. "There's some high-end crazy stuff. It makes me think it's liquid courage [doing the talking]."

Jerry Fisher told the AP that he usually answers all of the emails, tells the sender they have the wrong address and gives them Jimbo Fisher's correct address.

Even though they share emails, Jerry Fisher and Jimbo Fisher have only met once — during a fan event a couple years ago. Perhaps Jimbo Fisher should befriend Jerry Fisher; he is, after all, reading his mail.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/hate-emails-jimbo-fisher-end-inbox-academic-coordinator-202643884--ncaaf.html

ST was the creator of auburneagle and now works as the advertising director for AUFamily as well as marketing and PR assistant for BG sports, a company that works heavily with pro athletes. His connections are as good as anyone's.

ST was the creator of auburneagle and now works as the advertising director for AUFamily as well as marketing and PR assistant for BG sports, a company that works heavily with pro athletes. His connections are as good as anyone's.

ST is the man among boy's when it comes to AU info, especially recruiting.

Right now, Auburn sucks and seems like a horrible job. Fisher is a proven coach at a prestigious university. At the moment FSU is a better job, bottom line.He's the only coach out there that we know for a fact can recruit with Saban. We've been killed by Saban. He has destroyed us. Say what you want but Jimbo is the only guy out there that we know is an Auburn man, has the ego/desire to knock the little man off his comfy little rocker, and can recruit and develop players like its nobody's business. Have you seen FSUs defense? He wants an SEC job and we have the money to bring him here.

Right now, Auburn sucks and seems like a horrible job. Fisher is a proven coach at a prestigious university. At the moment FSU is a better job, bottom line.He's the only coach out there that we know for a fact can recruit with Saban. We've been killed by Saban. He has destroyed us. Say what you want but Jimbo is the only guy out there that we know is an Auburn man, has the ego/desire to knock the little man off his comfy little rocker, and can recruit and develop players like its nobody's business. Have you seen FSUs defense? He wants an SEC job and we have the money to bring him here.

It's not a better job when you consider they are in as bad as financial shape for their level as the US Govt.

We have the money and we are able to hire a proven winning head coach IF everyone is reading from Alabama's playbook and read the pages on what all it's gonna take to be a winner. Like give full control of the football program to the next head coach and let him run it and hire a proven winning staff.

If the money is right and Jimbo's wife wants to come back to her alma mater and live then I think Jimbo would be much happier. They always say "Happy wife... Happy life" and they are right. I think it would be the perfect fit.

Regardless of how much money we think we have, if we don't replace Chizik after this season, we'll be a lot poorer in 2013. ESPN and CBS will refuse (or be reluctant) to carry our games because we are a boring team to watch on TV. Furthermore, we'll lose at least 20,000 ticket subscribers (at $75 per ticket plus athletic donation) for the upcoming season.

With Coach Chizik in place, there is NO way that we financially survive the 2013 athletic calendar.

Regardless of how much money we think we have, if we don't replace Chizik after this season, we'll be a lot poorer in 2013. ESPN and CBS will refuse (or be reluctant) to carry our games because we are a boring team to watch on TV. Furthermore, we'll lose at least 20,000 ticket subscribers (at $75 per ticket plus athletic donation) for the upcoming season.

With Coach Chizik in place, there is NO way that we financially survive the 2013 athletic calendar.

Don't forget local businesses, hopefully the Auburn CoC is getting their say as well.

Archived