ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

Jimbo is good friends with the Yellow Feller, he has coached are Auburn before, his wife is a grad, he is unhappy with his current situation at FSU, FSU is broke and can't afford even minor upgrades to facilities and other amenities, Auburn has plenty of money...........This is more than a ploy by Jimmy Sexton.

Have any of you seen FSU bank account? Enough with this they are strapped with cash stuff, his wife went to AU, does that automatically mean she wants to move back? And when has he said he was unhappy, where, any quotes? He has a good thing going down there, and can contend for titles there a lot easier than AU, not to mention his son has access to the best medical care available for his condition

I'm not sure what his kid's medical condition is but Tallahassee has limited medical facilities...as in VERY limited. If he has to go to Shands, that's 2 hours away...about the same distance to UAB from Auburn.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well are they in trouble because boosters did not like the way papa Bowden was ran off...or is it fiscal irresponsibility? would the money come back if Jimbo left? Didn't they pony up cash to keep Stoops? Regardless of the financial situation there what does that have to do with Jimbo laying an egg against NCst this year and Wake last year........where are his signature wins as a head coach? I see some signature losses but no great wins? Broke or not they are still the school of choice for football players in the ACC, and the most visible program for that conference...especially with the U being down

Exactly. But if he doesn't want to admit FSU is the top football name in that conference then that's okay. I think 12 titles in 20 years speaks for itself. Tubs 2.0 is okay with some because Jimbo is a good southern name and he has buddies at AU and the good ole boys just love him. But I have no doubt that If FSU wanted to keep him they would invest in him just like they did Stoops last year. If they let him go I don't blame them though because the fans are obviously not loving the oopsie Wake Forest, Virgina, NC State type losses that seem to plague him.

FSU joined the ACC 20 years ago this year. They have 12 ACC titles in that time frame. Clemson has 1, VaTech has 4, GT has one (they vacated the title). Wake Forest and Maryland have the other two.

20 years ago FSU had a football program that was flush with cash.

How many ACC Titles has FSU managed in the last decade and what was their record when they did?

How many BCS appearances has FSU had in the last decade?

FSU joined the ACC on July 1, 1991, they have not won a single conference championship since 2005 and this is 2012. They have done nothing nationally since 1999. They rank 33rd nationally in winning percentage since 2002 with an overall record of 73-46.

Virginia Tech ranks 8 nationally in winning percentage since 2002 with an overall record of 102-33. Clemson has 79 wins over the same time span.

It is nice to live in the past, but FSU has done nothing lately although it appears Fisher could have them on the right track if they could afford to sustain it.

To be honest and fair.....Bobby was well on his way to running that program in the ground. What cost him his job, and FSU's ACC dominance, was when Bobby hired his son Jeff to be the OC and refused to get rid of him when it was obvious he was in over his head. It was all downhill from there. The game had also passed Mickey Andrews by. Jimbo does have their program heading back in the right direction. Many of the older 'Noles will never be in his corner though. He is the one the replaced their legend.

I am not saying Jimbo is the right man for our job. I really don't know. I believe he is a poor man's Coach Tub. I am a HUGE Coach Tub fan and always will be. The knock on Coach Tub was "he lost some every year he shouldn't have". Jimbo has had that happen also. I will say Jimbo is on my short list as far as names I have seen that we have a legitimate shot at getting. The vast majority of names I have seen are nothing but a pipe dream IMO.

Well thank god you are honest and fair.........I feel soooooooo much better now

To quote a great American.... :-\

FSU joined the ACC 20 years ago this year. They have 12 ACC titles in that time frame. Clemson has 1, VaTech has 4, GT has one (they vacated the title). Wake Forest and Maryland have the other two.

How many ACC Titles has FSU managed in the last decade and what was their record when they did?

FSU joined the ACC on July 1, 1991, they have not won a single conference championship since 2005 and this is 2012. They have done nothing nationally since 1999. They rank 33rd nationally in winning percentage since 2002 with an overall record of 73-46.

Virginia Tech ranks 8 nationally in winning percentage since 2002 with an overall record of 102-33. Clemson has 79 wins over the same time span.

It is nice to live in the past, but FSU has done nothing lately although it appears Fisher could have them on the right track if they could afford to sustain it.

To be honest and fair.....Bobby was well on his way to running that program in the ground. What cost him his job, and FSU's ACC dominance, was when Bobby hired his son Jeff to be the OC and refused to get rid of him when it was obvious he was in over his head. It was all downhill from there. The game had also passed Mickey Andrews by. Jimbo does have their program heading back in the right direction. Many of the older 'Noles will never be in his corner though. He is the one the replaced their legend.

I am not saying Jimbo is the right man for our job. I really don't know. I believe he is a poor man's Coach Tub. I am a HUGE Coach Tub fan and always will be. The knock on Coach Tub was "he lost some every year he shouldn't have". Jimbo has had that happen also. I will say Jimbo is on my short list as far as names I have seen that we have a legitimate shot at getting. The vast majority of names I have seen are nothing but a pipe dream IMO.

Pee Wee Herman???

Is there anyway that we can hear this from ST? Where is he at and why hasn't he been posting? We need him to post for clarification. We miss ST!!

Also where in the heck is BigBird at he use to tell us we had a 50/50 shot at anything??

ST is running 2 companies plus is the advertising executive for AUF and really does not have time to post.

Ok thanks. Anyword on the Bird?

Bird is the word.

This is what I heard from two friends, each on opposite sides of the matter. FSU is hurting financially, really hurting. I was doubted by several of you. I won't call you out. I believe Jimbo Fisher will be our next Head Coach at Auburn. He and Craig can flat recruitas well. If JJ is told he has to agree to get out of Jimbo's way this may be an incredible hire. We know Jackson is being re-assigned, maybe JJ's duties will be changed as well. This also could fall apart at the end but it is what is most likely as of today.

I believe current commits and Greg Bryant would like this hire as well.

I still think JJ needs to go. I like the poster above comparing the situation to a band-aid.

Pee Wee Herman???

You numbnuts.

Is there anyway that we can hear this from ST? Where is he at and why hasn't he been posting? We need him to post for clarification. We miss ST!!

Also where in the heck is BigBird at he use to tell us we had a 50/50 shot at anything??

ST is running 2 companies plus is the advertising executive for AUF and really does not have time to post.

bird is history and GOLF is King. Life is good/great w/o bird...........................

bird is history and GOLF is Pre-history King. Life was is good/great before w/o bird...........................

fify

I would also be excited about hiring JF as head coach. He knows Auburn, and obviously he and his staff can not only recruit but can develop the players they recruit. I would expect defenite improvement in this team...on and off the field.

I would also be excited about hiring JF as head coach. He knows Auburn, and obviously he and his staff can not only recruit but can develop the players they recruit. I would expect defenite improvement in this team...on and off the field.

That is what we are sorely lacking IMO. It is nice to recruit well, but if you don't develope it..........well you go into Nov. with two wins.

Based on his performance with far and away the best talent in the ACC, I don't think he'll do nearly as well in tsardis hung shark tank that is the SEC. Especially when you consider how many teams will have better, equal, or nearly equal talent.

Not impressed with him as a hire.

I respect ST and he usually is right but the more I have pondered it the less it makes sense. My concerns with the Jimbo Fisher hire is this:

1) Why would he leave Florida St, because he doesn't get along with someone?? That's dumb.

2) He has to play lesser competition in the ACC

3) He has a great school for recruiting

4) He doesn't have to compete with Nick Saban

5) It would be considered a job demotion and at best a lateral move.

6) He has a huge amount of talent returning at FSU

Also ST said that he would be announced after the Iron Bowl... How long after the Iron Bowl??

Jimbo Fisher is going to be playing for an ACC title and going to a BCS bowl game perhaps. Why would he leave to come here when the program is in disarray and we don't have the best foundation biult for winning in the future. He has great talent and an easy road to get to championships. And why would he be announced after the Iron Bowl he will be playing for championships at that time??????

bird is history and GOLF is King. Life is good/great w/o bird...........................

So your saying there will be no more bird? I thaught it was Romney that was going to cut his fund not Obama??

It's very disappointing when grown men like Tim Jackson stays in booster's box and trying to support from them to his job, Jacobs job and Chizik's job. But to make matters worse, is when Jacobs asked all the players to pray that Gene and him self could keep their jobs. Don't these players havve enough to worry about? after all, it was their head coach and JJ that got them in the mess their in now.

Dr. Jay Gogue needs to grown a real back bone and stand up and fire Jacobs, Jackson and Chizik by the end of the football season.

I respect ST and he usually is right but the more I have pondered it the less it makes sense. My concerns with the Jimbo Fisher hire is this:

1) Why would he leave Florida St, because he doesn't get along with someone?? That's dumb.

Also ST said that he would be announced after the Iron Bowl... How long after the Iron Bowl??

Jimbo Fisher is going to be playing for an ACC title and going to a BCS bowl game perhaps. Why would he leave to come here when the program is in disarray and we don't have the best foundation biult for winning in the future. He has great talent and an easy road to get to championships. And why would he be announced after the Iron Bowl he will be playing for championships at that time??????

This is why I think it may be the other fisher

I take it you did not read the numerous posts about FSU's financial and support problems. FSU would likely not be able to match an Auburn offer.

I take it you did not read the numerous posts about FSU's financial and support problems. FSU would likely not be able to match an Auburn offer.

While I hope ST is correct, his accuracy in the past couple of years on "inside info" has been sketchy at best. Even his latest vague tweet a couple of weeks ago was a dud.

wde

While I hope ST is correct, his accuracy in the past couple of years on "inside info" has been sketchy at best. Even his latest vague tweet a couple of weeks ago was a dud.

wde

That tweet never said anything would happen publicly. People just assumed it would be public.

Archived