ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

I respect ST and he usually is right but the more I have pondered it the less it makes sense. My concerns with the Jimbo Fisher hire is this:

1) Why would he leave Florida St, because he doesn't get along with someone?? That's dumb.

2) He has to play lesser competition in the ACC

3) He has a great school for recruiting

4) He doesn't have to compete with Nick Saban

5) It would be considered a job demotion and at best a lateral move.

6) He has a huge amount of talent returning at FSU

I take it you did not read the numerous posts about FSU's financial and support problems. FSU would likely not be able to match an Auburn offer.

While I hope ST is correct, his accuracy in the past couple of years on "inside info" has been sketchy at best. Even his latest vague tweet a couple of weeks ago was a dud.

wde

That tweet never said anything would happen publicly. People just assumed it would be public.

I understand you are faithful to ST and I also think he has better than average info, but he is not "in the know".

wde

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I respect ST and he usually is right but the more I have pondered it the less it makes sense. My concerns with the Jimbo Fisher hire is this:

1) Why would he leave Florida St, because he doesn't get along with someone?? That's dumb.

I take it you did not read the numerous posts about FSU's financial and support problems. FSU would likely not be able to match an Auburn offer.

While I hope ST is correct, his accuracy in the past couple of years on "inside info" has been sketchy at best. Even his latest vague tweet a couple of weeks ago was a dud.

wde

That tweet never said anything would happen publicly. People just assumed it would be public.

I understand you are faithful to ST and I also think he has better than average info, but he is not "in the know".

wde

I'll take ST's word over anybody's on this board though.

wde

wde

I'll take ST's word over anybody's on this board though.

Maybe so, but what is that really saying?

wde

Money can't replace quality of life! It don't get no easier in the SEC. He's got a cake walk were he is, 500k a year ain't gunna make up for the chance at winning championships. FSU will pay the man when he wins. I'm just trying to rationalize why he would come and it is a heavy lean that he won't.

Money can't replace quality of life! It don't get no easier in the SEC. He's got a cake walk were he is, 500k a year ain't gunna make up for the chance at winning championships. FSU will pay the man when he wins. I'm just trying to rationalize why he would come and it is a heavy lean that he won't.

Jimbo only makes 2.2 mil at FSU. He would get a 1.3 -1,8 mil raise to come to Auburn, not 500k.

With the cash he will make.....quality of life will be just fine in Auburn.

Challenge of the SEC may be attractive to him......and given his wife graduated from AU and he coached at AU for 5 years or so he may actually want to be the HC here.

Plus, as I have said, FSU doesn't have any money. They are having big time financial issues. It could get ugly down there for athletics for a few years. They made some ill-advised partnerships that went south.

So FSU wont be able to pay Jimbo an extra 1.3 mill a year even after he wins an ACC title and possible BCS game? But we can pay a 7 mill buyout for Chizik and then pay Jimbo 4 mill a year? What are we doing right? Dang tuiton is going to be high this year! But I think you guys are right its going to be Jimbo and Im going to bet on it.

I could be satisfied with hiring Jimbo Fisher. He's not my top choice, but he'd be acceptable.

NOW: The reasons that Papa Bowden steered FSU into the ACC rather than the SEC all those years ago still exist. Nothing's changed. The same applies to Jimbo in 2012. It's much, much easier to win at FSU in the ACC than at Auburn in the SEC.

It may be posted on message boards that Jimbo Fischer is just itching to jump ship to a harder, more demanding life at Auburn. I'll believe that when the ink on his signature has dried.

The "FSU is going broke" stuff is, as far as I can tell, nothing but wishful thinking on the part of AU people that would like to see Jimbo come here. FSU has its own group of rabid supporters with deep pockets and they'll be able to come up with whatever amount is needed to keep the program afloat and the coach they want in place. Their recruiting certainly hasn't suffered.

There are any number of others, including Charlie Strong at Louisville, that would jump at the chance to coach at Auburn and should be able to do a fine job here. Jimbo making the lateral move to come here strains credibility.

wde

wde

Like to know who you sources are. Hell why don't you just tell us who the HC is gonna be since you know that neither ST or P Marsh are "in the know"?

Currently 17-6 ACC record (might be 18-6 after squeaking by Va Tech now, I just looked at Wikipedia). Coached under Tator Tot. I'd predict he'd be CTT 2.0 with an offensive instead of defensive mindset at Auburn in the SEC. Better than what we have now if we're willing to temper our expectations back to 8.5 wins a year and 4 losses a year on average. Guess that would beat the Watson talk anyway.

I could be satisfied with hiring Jimbo Fisher. He's not my top choice, but he'd be acceptable.

NOW: The reasons that Papa Bowden steered FSU into the ACC rather than the SEC all those years ago still exist. Nothing's changed. The same applies to Jimbo in 2012. It's much, much easier to win at FSU in the ACC than at Auburn in the SEC.

It may be posted on message boards that Jimbo Fischer is just itching to jump ship to a harder, more demanding life at Auburn. I'll believe that when the ink on his signature has dried.

The "FSU is going broke" stuff is, as far as I can tell, nothing but wishful thinking on the part of AU people that would like to see Jimbo come here. FSU has its own group of rabid supporters with deep pockets and they'll be able to come up with whatever amount is needed to keep the program afloat and the coach they want in place. Their recruiting certainly hasn't suffered.

There are any number of others, including Charlie Strong at Louisville, that would jump at the chance to coach at Auburn and should be able to do a fine job here. Jimbo making the lateral move to come here strains credibility.

Mikey - I of course have not see FSU's financial statement. My source coached there and knows a couple guys still there. They could be screwing with him but I can't see why they would. The ACC as a conference is nowhere near being equal to the SEC. Therefore it isn't a lateral move. I am of the opinion that it is easier to recruit in the SEC. It has prestige and history that the ACC simply can't begin to compare to. How many former SEC players are in the pros vs. ACC players? They are picking up Pitt and Syracuse isn't it? (Might be wrong) But they aren't adding A&M's and Mizzou's.

No Way it's a lateral move. I'm not trying to start anything, I have always liked a'lot of what you say, I guess we just have to differ. No Biggie.

WAR EAGLE! :wareagle:

This is what I heard from two friends, each on opposite sides of the matter. FSU is hurting financially, really hurting. I was doubted by several of you. I won't call you out. I believe Jimbo Fisher will be our next Head Coach at Auburn. He and Craig can flat recruit. If JJ is told he has to agree to get out of Jimbo's way this may be an incredible hire. We know Jackson is being re-assigned, maybe JJ's duties will be changed as well.

Chizik and his staff can flat out recruit as well.

Jimbo and staff 8-1

Chizik and staff 2-7

Need anymore positives?

Jimbo zero league titles

Jimbo zero national titles

Chizik national title

Chizik SEC title

Plus Chizik is a more accomplished asst coach. Winning one with Texas and undefeated season at AU...

Jimbo is no upgrade over Chizik IMO the book is still out on him, he has done little at the premier school in the ACC...,the SEC is about instant gratification...how long goes Jimbo get before the pitchforks and torches come out?

Are you kidding? lol

This is what I heard from two friends, each on opposite sides of the matter. FSU is hurting financially, really hurting. I was doubted by several of you. I won't call you out. I believe Jimbo Fisher will be our next Head Coach at Auburn. He and Craig can flat recruit. If JJ is told he has to agree to get out of Jimbo's way this may be an incredible hire. We know Jackson is being re-assigned, maybe JJ's duties will be changed as well.

Jimbo and staff 8-1

Chizik and staff 2-7

Need anymore positives?

Jimbo zero league titles

Chizik national title

Chizik SEC title

Plus Chizik is a more accomplished asst coach. Winning one with Texas and undefeated season at AU...

Jimbo is no upgrade over Chizik IMO the book is still out on him, he has done little at the premier school in the ACC...,the SEC is about instant gratification...how long goes Jimbo get before the pitchforks and torches come out?

Are you kidding? lol

Unfortunately Farmer, Poet isn't kidding. Hard to believe Poet even knows what a football looks like with all the garbage that spews from his/her mouth. It's kind of pathetic that some of the members of this board haven't the slightest clue about football. I think they just like to look like @**holes.

Mikey - I of course have not see FSU's financial statement. My source coached there and knows a couple guys still there. They could be screwing with him but I can't see why they would. The ACC as a conference is nowhere near being equal to the SEC. Therefore it isn't a lateral move. I am of the opinion that it is easier to recruit in the SEC. It has prestige and history that the ACC simply can't begin to compare to. How many former SEC players are in the pros vs. ACC players? They are picking up Pitt and Syracuse isn't it? (Might be wrong) But they aren't adding A&M's and Mizzou's.

No Way it's a lateral move. I'm not trying to start anything, I have always liked a'lot of what you say, I guess we just have to differ. No Biggie.

WAR EAGLE! :wareagle:

So you're saying its harder to recruit in the ACC vs the SEC. I can agree with that, considering the SEC sells itself. What else factors into why its not a lateral move? I don't have an opinion in the matter other than I would be happy with Jimbo. Just curious for some wisdom from someone who knows more about FSU.

Jimbo and staff 8-1

Chizik and staff 2-7

Need anymore positives?

Jimbo zero league titles

Chizik national title

Chizik SEC title

Are you kidding? lol

i think hes spot on

people are in a rush to trade atleast a proven commodity for what the analysts think is good

i dont buy it

only person id be comfortable with is Malzahn honestly

Jimbo and staff 8-1

Chizik and staff 2-7

Need anymore positives?

Jimbo zero league titles

Chizik national title

Chizik SEC title

Are you kidding? lol

i think hes spot on

people are in a rush to trade atleast a proven commodity for what the analysts think is good

i dont buy it

only person id be comfortable with is Malzahn honestly

You guys need to lay off the pipe.......for real. That said, I DO like Malzahn. I just don't think he's quite ready for the Big Show just yet. IMO.

Currently 17-6 ACC record (might be 18-6 after squeaking by Va Tech now, I just looked at Wikipedia). Coached under Tator Tot. I'd predict he'd be CTT 2.0 with an offensive instead of defensive mindset at Auburn in the SEC. Better than what we have now if we're willing to temper our expectations back to 8.5 wins a year and 4 losses a year on average. Guess that would beat the Watson talk anyway.

FINALLY!! Someone with the stats to back it up! I do not believe Jimbo could thrive in the SEC - I was NOT impressed with him when he was here as an OC. And I agree with you 110% - 8 to 9 wins a year......do NOT want Jimbo.

Wonder why other schools haven't done this?

This one's easy. Since the BCS era began nearly 20 years ago, no team that has won the BCS has collapsed in the manner that AU has even 4 years after winning the title, much less 2 years. Success (2010 BCS) is rewarded (pay raise and big contract buyout), and failure (2012) is punished (unemployment). Welcome to the world of big-time college football. We didn't make the rules, but we've got to play by them to continue to be a top 6 program in the SEC.

Good Post. I totally agree.

So long as we're comparing our situation to other schools, how many major conference schools in your lifetime (how ever old you are) have had the same AD oversee 2 undefeated football seasons in an 8 year period?

How about 4 NC's in a span of about 5 years. 2 in FB 2 in BB. That would be UF AD. There. Yeah they weren't undefeated but they were NC years!

You guys need to lay off the pipe.......for real. That said, I DO like Malzahn. I just don't think he's quite ready for the Big Show just yet. IMO.

]

jimbo isnt ready for it either

nor is petrino

none of these coaches have championships

Gus Malzahn while only being a HC at a high school has championships at that level, as well as a championship as OC here

people arent thinking seriously about this, they just want some good news

thats ALL this really is, people want something to be excited about in football and in the process will end up setting our program back decades

its yall thats on the pipe! ive watched this team and other programs long enough to see where this will head

not pleased in the least

BCS Championship coaches - Saban, Miles, Meyer, Brown, Stoops, Carroll, and Chizik. Did I leave anyone off the list that is still coaching? This is not written to defend Chizik, but if we want a coach that has won the crystal ball, we've already got one. What I want is one hungry mean SOB that hates to lose more than anything in life. Of course I wouldn't mind Stoops or Carroll either.

Jimbo - I can't get over that.

Billy Bob, Bubba - how more southern stereotype do you want to be?

If this is Jacobs big hire then any qualified BOT would be swinging the ax even though he would be better than Chizic.

I really like the former players weighing in and many more need to do so publicly and privately to force change from Gouge and company.

Archived