ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

All you guys downing the ACC... put Auburn in there this year and they would have a similar record. Where does this sense of entitlement come from when a top 10 coach on his way to a BCS bowl isn't good enough to take over a team that won't win a single conference game?

Pretty sure they can't get Saban out of their mind and think logically.

That's really what it comes down to. Every college name that gets brought up isn't good enough because they compare them to Saban. That's why they want someone from the NFL. I guess it makes them better... it's dumb.

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For all the people who think Jimbo Fisher cannot possibly ever think about coaching in the SEC because he has lost some games in an inferior conference, keep in mind it is all about the right fit between coach, school, and conference. Let's compare Jimbo to two coaches who came from outside conferences to win big in the SEC, Les Miles & Nick Saban.

JImbo (Fl St):

2012: 9-1 (losses: NC St) (ranking: 10) (bowl: tbd) (titles: tbd)

2011: 9-4 (losses: WF, VA) (final rank: 23) (bowl: Champs Sports [w])

2010: 10-4 (losses: NC St) (final rank: 16) (bowl: Chick-fil-a [w])

Les Miles (OK. St.):

2001: 4-7 (losses: So. Miss, Mizzou, Ia St) unranked

2002: 8-5 (losses: La Tech) (bowl: Houston [w]) unranked

2003: 9-4 (losses: none bad) (bowl: Cotton [l]) unranked

2004: 7-5 (losses: none bad) (bowl: Alamo[l]) unranked

Nick Saban (Mi St):

1995: 6-5-1 (losses: none bad) (bowl: Independence [l]) unranked

1996: 6-6 (losses: louisville) (bowl: Sun [l]) unranked

1997: 7-5 (losses: Northwestern) (bowl: Aloha [l]) unranked

1998: 6-6 (losses: Oregon, Minnesota, Co. St) unranked

1999: 9-2 (losses: blowouts to Purdue, Wisconsin) (final rank: 7) (bowl:Citrus [w])

So what made Miles & Saban infinitely better coaches than their previous stops? Better recruits and resources.

Maybe, Fisher will benefit from that as well. Yes, Florida St has access to the same recruits we do, but look at our resources compared to theirs (which helps pay for better coaches and marketing):

Auburn 2009-2010 ath. dept. expenditures: 90.8 million

Florida State's 2009-10 ath dept. expend: 75.2 million

That's a huge difference. With our recruiting and resources, who knows how well Fisher will perform. All I know is his resume is equal to or exceeds Miles' and Saban's pre-SEC resumes.

You put a lot of work in to this and still overlooked one glaring point. OSU and MSU arent even the premiere teams in their respective states much less their conferences. You also failed to compare FSU expenditures to the rest of the ACC.

All you guys downing the ACC... put Auburn in there this year and they would have a similar record. Where does this sense of entitlement come from when a top 10 coach on his way to a BCS bowl isn't good enough to take over a team that won't win a single conference game?

How often does Spurrier, Miles, Richt, or Mullen lose to a lesser opponent? Jimbo makes it an annual ritual. Add to that the absence of any big time wins (0-2 against OU) and you have a very average coach.

Is there anyway that we can hear this from ST? Where is he at and why hasn't he been posting? We need him to post for clarification. We miss ST!!

Also where in the heck is BigBird at he use to tell us we had a 50/50 shot at anything??

ST is running 2 companies plus is the advertising executive for AUF and really does not have time to post.

Ok thanks. Anyword on the Bird?

Bird is the word.

Thunderbird is the word

How often does Spurrier, Miles, Richt, or Mullen lose to a lesser opponent? Jimbo makes it an annual ritual. Add to that the absence of any big time wins (0-2 against OU) and you have a very average coach.

Huh? 3 of the 4 have had their share of losing games they were supposed to win... lol Richt lost to Colorado for goodness sakes.

Huh? 3 of the 4 have had their share of losing games they were supposed to win... lol Richt lost to Colorado for goodness sakes.

Not to mention Central Florida in the bowl game a few years ago, I think. Memory is kinda hazy.

Guest jojo1515

I For those of you who complain that Jimbo loses games he should win.......

Strong-----Louisville down 14 to SYRACUSE!!!!

Spurrier----hands full with interem coached ARKANSAS

Stoops-----loses a few pretty much every year

Saban-----lost to LSU last year and a couple games the year before

Peterson------no titles, loses one he shouldnt regularly with a pathetic schedule

Kelley-----0-2 against the SEC since 2010

I guess all head coaches are out. We should get a coordinator and expect him to never ever lose a game (otherwise, said coach will have lost one he shouldnt and we have to start all over again)

Totally agree. The ACC is ceertainly not the SEC but this mess of a team we have wouldnt fare any better over there. It would be nice to see him dominate a weaker league however, then again this is only his 3rd year there....

Not to mention Central Florida in the bowl game a few years ago, I think. Memory is kinda hazy.

He did. UCF was ranked though. And you entirely miss the point. Jimbo does this EVERY YEAR.

Peterson------no titles, loses one he shouldnt regularly with a pathetic schedule

I guess all head coaches are out. We should get a coordinator and expect him to never ever lose a game (otherwise, said coach will have lost one he shouldnt and we have to start all over again)

Wow so now you are comparing NC State, Maryland and Virginia to 2011 LSU and 2010 Auburn.

Guest jojo1515

FSU has the #1 defense in the NCAA right now.

But isn't Jimbo an offensive guy? How's their offense look? Malzahn's looks pretty dang good.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/netTotalYards

Currently 4th in the nation. (Better than Gus against much better competition)

Hmmmmmmmmmm, lets see.......

1st in defense, 4th in offense.

This guy obviously has no clue how to coach.

Some of you guys need to remove your heads from your posteriors. We have a chance to get a guy whos team is top 4 in offense and defense. Why is this even a discussion....GO GET HIM NOW!

But isn't Jimbo an offensive guy? How's their offense look? Malzahn's looks pretty dang good.

http://espn.go.com/c...t/netTotalYards

Some of you guys need to remove your heads from your posteriors. We have a chance to get a guy whos team is top 4 in offense and defense. Why is this even a discussion....GO GET HIM NOW!

No one said his offense looked bad. I just asked. Calm down brother.

Guest jojo1515

Wow so now you are comparing NC State, Maryland and Virginia to 2011 LSU and 2010 Auburn.

Ok, which coach do you want. Has to be realistic. Go.

Guest jojo1515

http://espn.go.com/c...t/netTotalYards

No one said his offense looked bad. I just asked. Calm down brother.

Sorry haha. Wasnt directed at you. I aimed that at people calling him a below average coach whom are not living in reality as far as our potential candidates.

Jimbo would be a very good hire for AU. I believe this is probably just a Sexton money play to get Jimbo a huge raise at FSU more than it is real interest at this point, but I would be happy with a Jimbo hire. We could do far, far worse than Jimbo and if JJ makes the hire, we most likely will.

wde

If JJ stays as AD, then Jimbo is the best we could hope for as a HC hire. I think Jimbo is a decent hire, but no homerun in my opinion. He has had SEC level recruiting in the ACC and still not won the conference. I think the jury is still out on him. It will be interesting to see what happens in the UF v. FSU game this year. Jimbo won last year when UF was down, but what will it say if he loses this year? I think it will say that he has beaten lesser opponents, but has still yet to win the big game at FSU.

FSU beat Clemson this year, but outside of that, Jimbo doesn't have a signature win while at FSU, but does have some pretty embarrassing losses. Last year they lost to Wake Forest and Virginia. This year NC State. I'm just not totally convinced Jimbo is ready for SEC play. I'm afraid Jimbo could be Auburn's Mark Richt. Around 10 wins a year, but losing to someone you shouldn't ruins your chance at a conference/national title. That being said, I believe him to be an upgrade over Chizik given the current state of our program and would welcome him if hired.

Jesus dude, who would be a ”homerun” hue in you're book? I'm sorry, not trying to take it out on you, but several ppl have been shooting down every coach mentioned as not being a homerun, so I was just wondering who IS a homerun?

Archived