ST tweets about Auburn football

ellitor

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regardless of how much money we think we have, if we don't replace Chizik after this season, we'll be a lot poorer in 2013. ESPN and CBS will refuse (or be reluctant) to carry our games because we are a boring team to watch on TV. Furthermore, we'll lose at least 20,000 ticket subscribers (at $75 per ticket plus athletic donation) for the upcoming season.

With Coach Chizik in place, there is NO way that we financially survive the 2013 athletic calendar.

The tv part does not matter. The tv pie is split evenly 14 ways whether Auburn is on CBS and ESPN 8 times or 0 the revenue will be the same.

Regardless of how much money we think we have, if we don't replace Chizik after this season, we'll be a lot poorer in 2013. ESPN and CBS will refuse (or be reluctant) to carry our games because we are a boring team to watch on TV. Furthermore, we'll lose at least 20,000 ticket subscribers (at $75 per ticket plus athletic donation) for the upcoming season.

With Coach Chizik in place, there is NO way that we financially survive the 2013 athletic calendar.

The tv part does not matter. The tv pie is split evenly 14 ways whether Auburn is on CBS and ESPN 8 times or 0 the revenue will be the same.

I agree that the TV revenue is split 14 ways regardless of whether we appear on a single game that is televised. However, what does it do to our recruiting if we are televised significantly less in 2013 because we have the same coaching staff of the team that has performed so pitifully on television in 2012? Now that is a point to ponder.

ESPN commentators broadcasting our game were practically apologizing for our ineptitude last night, and spent most of the 4th quarter talking about the change in the BCS rankings landscape brought about by the A&M upset of uat and potential matches in the BCS championship. Very little mention of plays on the field were discussed (with good reason). If there is nothing on the field worth discussing, then there is nothing worth televising.

You CANNOT expect television to continue to broadcast an inferior product (especially when the stadium is half empty, which will continue with a CGC coached team in 2013).

I agree that the TV revenue is split 14 ways regardless of whether we appear on a single game that is televised. However, what does it do to our recruiting if we are televised significantly less in 2013 because we have the same coaching staff of the team that has performed so pitifully on television in 2012? Now that is a point to ponder.

ESPN commentators broadcasting our game were practically apologizing for our ineptitude last night, and spent most of the 4th quarter talking about the change in the BCS rankings landscape brought about by the A&M upset of uat and potential matches in the BCS championship. Very little mention of plays on the field were discussed (with good reason). If there is nothing on the field worth discussing, then there is nothing worth televising.

You CANNOT expect television to continue to broadcast an inferior product (especially when the stadium is half empty, which will continue with a CGC coached team in 2013).

Don't worry, Chizik is gone one way or the other.

To the "bootskii" person-

(I'm not sure how to directly reply to someone's message on my phone, so PLEASE make sure he sees this if u know him)

You said "TT" didt produce in his later years.

Response:

2004- undefeated

2005-9-3 overall including 7-1 in SEC. Only loss was to LSU after kenny irons "put up 200" but John Vaughn went 1-6 kicking, including wide right in OT. Lost 20-17.

2006- 11-2 overall. 6-2 in SEC.

2007- went 9-4 with a win over #3 Florida in the swamp. Lost to LSU after miracle quasi hailmary TD with just seconds left.

2008- bad year. Missed bowl game.

Tuberville fired.

Saying TT didn't produce is his "later years" is not only ignorant, it is dead wrong. I went to auburn from 2003-2006. It was a great time to be at auburn. From 2004-2007, TTs SEC record was 27-6. That's INSANE! He had one bad year dude. He was fired bc the BOT did not like him. Not bc he want a great coach.

Right on. We got exactly what we deserved for running him off.

(I'm not sure how to directly reply to someone's message on my phone, so PLEASE make sure he sees this if u know him)

Response:

2004- undefeated

2005-9-3 overall including 7-1 in SEC. Only loss was to LSU after kenny irons "put up 200" but John Vaughn went 1-6 kicking, including wide right in OT. Lost 20-17.

2007- went 9-4 with a win over #3 Florida in the swamp. Lost to LSU after miracle quasi hailmary TD with just seconds left.

Tuberville fired.

Saying TT didn't produce is his "later years" is not only ignorant, it is dead wrong. I went to auburn from 2003-2006. It was a great time to be at auburn. From 2004-2007, TTs SEC record was 27-6. That's INSANE! He had one bad year dude. He was fired bc the BOT did not like him. Not bc he want a great coach.

No, he was fired because he had given up on the recruiting trail. If you notice, toward the end of his tenure almost all of the high profile recruits he signed were academic liabilities that other schools had backed off of, and most of them never made it in. Now, that having been said, his recruiting acumen dropped off primarily because of the way he was treated by the powers that be.

Either way, it was time for him to go, but we should definitely have fond memories of him.

Response:

2004- undefeated

Tuberville fired.

I take it you guys missed the 2007 recruiting class and the 2008 season.

Response:

2004- undefeated

Tuberville fired.

Saban happened. If they had given him a year to shuffle his staff, things would be much better now. But, the BOT and JJ had a clear agenda to get rid of Tuberville, forgetting he's the winningest coach against Saban. But I don't think any coach could have prepared us for the 2007 and 2008 recruiting disasters. Saban came and soaked up all our commitments.

Response:

2004- undefeated

Tuberville fired.

Saban happened. If they had given him a year to shuffle his staff, things would be much better now. But, the BOT and JJ had a clear agenda to get rid of Tuberville, forgetting he's the winningest coach against Saban. But I don't think any coach could have prepared us for the 2007 and 2008 recruiting disasters. Saban came and soaked up all our commitments.

He did shake up his staff...repeatedly with VERY mixed results. Tony Franklin?!? He didn't make it a full season. As previous posters said, he (and much of his staff) had lost their drive. I'm glad to see him doing decent at TT, but I think it was best for him to go when he did. When we hired Chizik, I really was optimistic based on his time here as DC. We were pretty darn good...still vulnerable in the DB, but good. Certainly didn't expect this...all though the "guy at the airport" warned us :homer: dooh.

Not to add gas to a raging inferno, but pleasing any fan base entirely is almost impossible. I jut hope they get the right guy with the right tools and attitude to turn this thing around.

Pleasing an entire fanbase is the simplest thing in the world: WIN!

People will bitch and moan until gameday and when the team looks good and puts up a W......all is right with the world.

Response:

2004- undefeated

Tuberville fired.

No, he was fired because he had given up on the recruiting trail. If you notice, toward the end of his tenure almost all of the high profile recruits he signed were academic liabilities that other schools had backed off of, and most of them never made it in. Now, that having been said, his recruiting acumen dropped off primarily because of the way he was treated by the powers that be.

Either way, it was time for him to go, but we should definitely have fond memories of him.

Red, good to see you posting! I totally agree. TT was not recruiting hard. Proof is how much better CGC staff has done on the recruiting trail. CGC staff signees have not done much on hte field as a whole. 3 straignt Top 10 classes should not get you a 2-9 season. Crazy. I have fond memories of TT but I do not want him back.

I love Tubs. And I was resistant to the need to fire him. But when people began pointing out the consistent offensive decline over the last few years of his tenure, and when we saw how thin our talent had gotten by 2008, it was obvious he wasn't pulling the program forward anymore.

Terrific coach, but it was time for a change.

I have a very high degree of respect for CGC as an honorable man, he may even be a solid coach, but something is bad wrong in our program and I haven't a clue what it is. I have never seen a program collapse like this and I certianly have never seen an Auburn team with this many good athletes play this poorly. Like many of you, I finally, with much regret can no longer support CGC, he lost his team and now he's lost me. On another note, if ST say it you can usually bet on it.

Jimbo would be a superb hire. Lastly, JJ and TJ both need to pack their bags. Something has alway stuck in my craw about Jackson but I can't put my finger on it.

War Eagle and better days ahead.

Look where the two teams that played in the 2010 NC game are. One is playing for first place, while the other is playing for last place.

Pretty Sad

I heard we were digging up Vince Lombardi to come coach.

Please. You cannot be serious. Vince had no HC experience in college! Besides, his college experience wasn't with big time programs.

New tweet from ST

@ScottR334

On the #Auburn front: Not much has changed. Gus Malzahn and Jimbo Fisher are the names I am hearing the most.

Jimmy Sexton keeps trying to get his guys more money. No one, no one is on top of this. It is like a rumor mill gone wild. Fans love the scoop.

Archived