Put up or shut up

WarEagle123

If you quit before you start, all is lost. I've seen bigger turn arounds and these guys have the potential and ability to do it. I will never quit or surrender. Now is the time to muster all we have. Now is not the time for negative thoughts or words. Now is the beginning of the second half of the season and time to turn it around. What say you Auburn! Do we stand and fight or wave the white flag. Now is the time to sing our fight song with heart. I say we can, we will fight on to the finish. We will win, we will beat bama. War Dam Eagle!

please give example of a bigger turnaround. and what guys are you refering to that has the potential and ability to do it?

Alabama fans around here have penciled their names into the NC game already. They laugh at any conversation that Georgia could be them.

If Auburn was to upset them this year, with the season we have had, and they realise that not only will they not have a NC but they will not go to the SEC Championship... Let's just say the governor might want to call the national guard in.

At least one local here worries about their fanbase hubris.

The article linked below appeared in today's T'loosa News under the headline "Tide fans' focus should be on Auburn and Georgia, not BCS title scenarios"

http://alabama.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1437864

WDE and Beat Bama

Okay, just saying - but if Auburn does beat Alabama - who represents the West in the SEC Championship game? I tried to understand the three team (Bama with losses to TAMU and AU; TAMU with loss to Florida and LSU; LSU with losses to Florida and Bama) playoff for the SEC Divisional winner but just couldn't nail it down. I understand you use the three team format to get to two teams, then use head to head but which team is eliminated in the three team decision?

I believe that in a 3-way tie, UA would be eliminated based on 2 losses within the Western Division. The remaining 2-way tie would then break in favor of LSU based on head-to-head.

I've been waiting to see a "do we keep Chizik if we beat bammer" thread but I think this is as close as it will get :roflol:

I will do my best rolling on the floor smiley impression every day for an hour until next year's IB if AU somehow pulls off the impossible. Might even make a good Halloween costume next year.

I'm not advocating for chizik to keep his job if we win. I think he needs fired regardless. However I will feel a hell of a lot better if we can knock them off.

Look at what happened in 2002 when we only had 1 true running back that was available. We were severe underdogs that game and we pulled it out so things can happen

Alabama fans around here have penciled their names into the NC game already. They laugh at any conversation that Georgia could be them.

If Auburn was to upset them this year, with the season we have had, and they realise that not only will they not have a NC but they will not go to the SEC Championship... Let's just say the governor might want to call the national guard in.

Let's just say it would "make punt bama punt" look like a scrimmage game in Auburn lore, given the season we have had.

Look at what happened in 2002 when we only had 1 true running back that was available. We were severe underdogs that game and we pulled it out so things can happen

You have watched us play this year right? Although, you may have a point. Perhaps if they decide to save their strength for Georgia and suit up their marching band against us, we probably have a shot.

Okay, just saying - but if Auburn does beat Alabama - who represents the West in the SEC Championship game? I tried to understand the three team (Bama with losses to TAMU and AU; TAMU with loss to Florida and LSU; LSU with losses to Florida and Bama) playoff for the SEC Divisional winner but just couldn't nail it down. I understand you use the three team format to get to two teams, then use head to head but which team is eliminated in the three team decision?

I believe it goes to who is higher ranked in the BCS.

I believe it goes to who is higher ranked in the BCS.

per http://www.secdigitalnetwork.com/NEWS/tabid/473/Article/134195/sec-divisional-tie-breaker.aspx

quoted excerpts in black, (my comments in orange)

B. THREE (OR MORE) TEAM TIE

1. (Once the tie has been reduced to two teams, go to the two-team tie-breaker format.)

2. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams.
 (Bama 1-1 vs LSU/TAMU, TAMU 1-1 vs Bama/LSU, LSU 1-1 vs TAMU/Bama – still tied)

3. Record of the tied teams within the division. (Bama, w./ 2 losses within the division, eliminated and 2-team tie established)

A. TWO-TEAM TIE

1. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams. (LSU goes to Atlanta, there is no joy in Mudville)

WDE and Beat Bama

It could happen, but we would have to play better on D than we did v/s LSU and better on offense than we did yesterday. And Bama would have to turn it over a lot.

McCarron is playing so you never know. Lol

I am used to watching LSU play, so I happen to believe that strange things happen. I really think that bama is not concentrating on anything except going to the big game. They think that they are so big and bad that they are gonna be there, that they are not looking at no one else.

I really really really am pulling for y'all to beat them

I am used to watching LSU play, so I happen to believe that strange things happen. I really think that bama is not concentrating on anything except going to the big game. They think that they are so big and bad that they are gonna be there, that they are not looking at no one else.

Strange things do happen.

Though I suspect we differ in our motivations for "pulling,"

if we can "beat them," happy to oblige.

I agree that strange things happen in football, and I appreciate your support for us this week. But, dang, I wish y'all had finished them off when y'all had the chance!

I agree that strange things happen in football, and I appreciate your support for us this week. But, dang, I wish y'all had finished them off when y'all had the chance!

I wish we had too, we had it, just quit playing.

I think alot of Auburn's hopes hinge on whether or not they have a good week of practice

Based on results immediately following "great weeks" of practice, I have to disagree. I hope they have horrible practices all week.

We definitely didn't "put up" last year, and we are miserable this year.

I think the word you're looking for,in describing AU football this year, is miserabler .

I have always said, like many of you i'm sure, it doesn't matter how bad auburn is. As long as we beat the turds it will all be ok. Well it's time to test that theory this week. If we beat bama and keep them out of the title game I would be so freaking happy.

That is all

War Eagle

The out come of this game should not cover up the fact that this has been one of the worse head coaching jobs in the SEC and pretty close to the worse coaching jobs in all of college football. If we lose, we'll 3-9 and there's no reason for Chizik to keep his job another year. If we win, we'll be 4-8 and Chizik should leave on a winning note. If he's not gone, we're looking at another 3-9 or 2-10 record for 2013.

I have always said, like many of you i'm sure, it doesn't matter how bad auburn is. As long as we beat the turds it will all be ok. Well it's time to test that theory this week. If we beat bama and keep them out of the title game I would be so freaking happy.

That is all

War Eagle

The out come of this game should not cover up the fact that this has been one of the worse head coaching jobs in the SEC and pretty close to the worse coaching jobs in all of college football. If we lose, we'll 3-9 and there's no reason for Chizik to keep his job another year. If we win, we'll be 4-8 and Chizik should leave on a winning note. If he's not gone, we're looking at another 3-9 or 2-10 record for 2013.

Still can't help but laugh at your signature. (National Champions! War Eagle!!! ALL IN, STILL IN, FOREVER IN) I sure hope something positive happens at Auburn soon so I can see the other side of you.

That is all

War Eagle

"What is, 'Little Brother Syndrome' Alex?".

jeopardy.jpg

Archived