Thomas for Chief Justice?

DKW 86

Link

President Bush has launched an internal review of the pros and cons of nominating Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas as the chief justice if ailing William Rehnquist retires, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

A top White House source familiar with Bush's thinking explains the review of Thomas as chief justice is one of several options currently under serious consideration. But Thomas is Bush's personal favorite to take the position, the source claims.

"It would not only be historic, to nominate a minority as chief justice, symbolizing the president's strong belief in hope and optimism, but it would be a sound judicial move.... Justice Thomas simply has an extraordinary record."

One concern is the amount of political capital Bush would have to spend in congress to make the move.

A chief justice must be separately nominated by Bush and confirmed by the Senate, even if the person is already sitting on the court.

The need to replace Rehnquist could arise by year's end, Bush aides now believe.

Officially, Bush advisers call any Supreme Court vacancy talk premature.

temp.gif

Some help for my Liberal friends. :roflol:

What a complete waste of time. Shame on President Bush. Why should there be ANY deliberation over Clarence Thomas as Chief Justice at all ?

He's automatic, baby! :thumbsup: !!! Just do it!

I just hope that the "new media", Fox and the 'net, will focus a spotlight on the delay and smear tactics that will be used by the demoncrats to keep a minority from becoming the Chief Justice.

What a complete waste of time. Shame on President Bush. Why should there be ANY deliberation over Clarence Thomas as Chief Justice at all ?

He's automatic, baby!  :thumbsup: !!! Just do it!

119368[/snapback]

Your right. Why start deliberating this late in life?

TT! Welcome Back!

119484[/snapback]

Thanks, David. Miss me? :big:

119485[/snapback]

Actually I did Brother, yes I did.

I hope you know, we may disagree on a few things, but you are very much a welcome and needed part of this site and the AU Family.

TT! Welcome Back!

119484[/snapback]

Thanks, David. Miss me? :big:

119485[/snapback]

Actually I did Brother, yes I did.

I hope you know, we may disagree on a few things, but you are very much a welcome and needed part of this site and the AU Family.

119488[/snapback]

Thanks for the kind words. :au:

Clarence Thomas should be a shoe in for the CJ spot. What could the arguement against possibly be? :D

Archived