I hate CBS

au.tiger.96

It's a national audience. We need to persuade as many voters as possible that we deserve a top two ranking. If we take care of Georgia this week on CBS, we get another national slot the next week to solidify a good impression in their minds. Then we get prime time coverage in the SECCG to do it some more.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Though the night games are great at Auburn, I prefer CBS because then I can get good photos with my camera. Can't take good pictures at night, they get all blurry ;)

I also listen to the AU radio network during the televised games. That way, during the 12,374 commercials CBS has to have, I at least get to listen to something connected to AU.

The CBS commentators don't bother me.

I listen to the AU network during the game.

119499[/snapback]

I have been doing that since 1994. 1993 was probably the best thing that ever happened to the AU network. Can you imagine if they has streaming internet broadcasts then?

This is a little off-thread, but do you hate the superimposed ads ON THE FIELD?!

The little AOL guy scurrying out, the big RCA logotype on the field. UGH.

It's bad enough to sit through all the ads evry time-out, change of hands, TD, quarter, etc., but they encroach on the action. Where will it end? "This TD replay is sponsored by Frog Balls Car Polish."

I must admit I first thought the status bug: score/down/yds/time was distracting but now I like it. Same for the yelow stripe (which takes some really ingenious engineering and set-up). It is a plus.

But keep the ads off the field.

Is frog balls car polish better than Simonize and where can I buy it?

:D

I don't particularly like CBS either. The announcers just are not very familiar with southern football. If they would upgrade their booth with announcers who really know SEC football I could tolerate them.

BTW, information on the first down line is here http://stuffo.howstuffworks.com/first-down-line.htm

Is frog balls car polish better than Simonize and where can I buy it?

:D

119760[/snapback]

Don't bother, WT. I tried some and my car turned green and leaps instead of rolls. And, I'm suddenly getting warts all over my body.

CBS is really a double edged sword if you think about it. Sure, night games are AUsome at Jordan-Hare, but you have the task as head coach of keeping the team focused all day. But, on CBS, you have those long timeouts with 4 gazillion commercials in them that can kill momentum if you aren't careful. I myself am not a fan of the commentators either, then again, I'm at every game so it really doesn't matter to me other than the early start time. At least we get a national audience for the best rivalry game in America!

Tiger, Eh? How do you watch the games if they aren't on CBS in Toronto?

119452[/snapback]

I have two dishes:

DirecTV with ESPN Gameplan which is piggy backed off a friends account in St. Louis, however, not knowing that DirecTV spot beams all their local channels (Toronto is out of the St. Louis spot Beam), I could not receive CBS,ABC,NBC,FOX, but get ESPN, therefore I had to get Bell Express Vue for the CBS,ABC,NBC,FOX games. They carry Boston Local Channels. The quality is terrible, especially on my 70" Sony XBR, compare to the Candian Stations (I think they do it on purpose, but it's better than nothing). In short, I've seen almost every game and still looking for a P4/5 hack.

Comments to Note:

-Canadian Media is freakin out because of the NHL lockout. I just saw a segment on "Does the United Stated miss Hockey".

-The media still pushes that the CFL is superioir to the NFL (even tough the entire country LOVES the NFL and wishes Toronto would get a team)

-Reggie Slack and few other SEC stars are well known.

Tiger, Eh? How do you watch the games if they aren't on CBS in Toronto?

119452[/snapback]

I have two dishes:

DirecTV with ESPN Gameplan which is piggy backed off a friends account in St. Louis, however, not knowing that DirecTV spot beams all their local channels (Toronto is out of the St. Louis spot Beam), I could not receive CBS,ABC,NBC,FOX, but get ESPN, therefore I had to get Bell Express Vue for the CBS,ABC,NBC,FOX games. They carry Boston Local Channels. The quality is terrible, especially on my 70" Sony XBR, compare to the Candian Stations (I think they do it on purpose, but it's better than nothing). In short, I've seen almost every game and still looking for a P4/5 hack.

Comments to Note:

-Canadian Media is freakin out because of the NHL lockout. I just saw a segment on "Does the United Stated miss Hockey".

-The media still pushes that the CFL is superioir to the NFL (even tough the entire country LOVES the NFL and wishes Toronto would get a team)

-Reggie Slack and few other SEC stars are well known.

119875[/snapback]

Oh yea, back the topic. Besides the commentators, the reason I hate CBS: Nothing...I mean Nothing is more Gorgeous than an ESPN Night Game ON High Definition. If you guys don't have the HDTV equipment. It is worth the Money.

Archived