DePaul Game Thread

gonefhin

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugh. Seems we always save the worst possession of the game for the end. We have got to take better care of the ball. Depaul leads 79-76 with 1 free throw remaining and 13.1 seconds on the clock.

You half expect it from a young guy, but not from a "veteran".

Well, predictable outcome. DePaul dictated the second half. We look much better this year from last year. I don't feel like I'm watch a street BB pickup game.

I can't wait for the masses to come and spoon feed us the we're getting better garbage. I'm sick of moral victories. In the end it's about W's and L's. We've been getting a lot more L's..........

Until AU gets some help for Sullivan, it's going to be more losses like this. For all the good Chubb does, it's bad fouls and rediculous turnovers like the second to last possession that make we wonder if AU has better options down low.

I can't wait for the masses to come and spoon feed us the we're getting better garbage. I'm sick of moral victories. In the end it's about W's and L's. We've been getting a lot more L's..........

Not sure how you can sugar coat it, this isn't a good basketball team. The mental errors are still way more common than they should be.

Fouls killed us tonight. They shot 13 more from the line than we did. GOT to play better Defense. Our center position was fantastic and I haven't been able to say that since Vot Barber was here. Chubb 17 pts. , 13 Reb. ADT 9 pts., 5 reg. Total of 26 points and 18 rebounds out of our centers is, well unheard of in a long time. 3 players in double figure points. I think the lineup was the best its been with Frankie at the point and Price at the 2. My understanding is that Denson should be eligible beginning the next game. If that's true look for Frankie at the point, Denson at the 2 with Noel Johnson, Payne and Chubb to be the starters soon. If N. Johnson can keep getting 10 pts. and 4 rebs. like tonight with Chubb in double digits our scoring problems may be history. We have to be better on D. Rebounding was fine as we outrebounded them by 5. Considering how much zone we played thats a great outcome. Need to learn how to win.

Just got home from the game. The one ref winked at the student section as he ran off the court...... some of the worst officiating I've witnessed in a long time.

Just got home from the game. The one ref winked at the student section as he ran off the court...... some of the worst officiating I've witnessed in a long time.

Kudos to the student section! The ESPNU announcers were saying it reminded them of being at Duke's arena. Said at one point the table was vibrating. Team needs that kind of support.

Kudos to the student section! The ESPNU announcers were saying it reminded them of being at Duke's arena. Said at one point the table was vibrating. Team needs that kind of support.

"The Jungle" is always fun. Tonight was the most fun I've had in my 3 years as an Auburn student at a basketball game. Barbee can thank us for that T that got thrown up on #20.

"The Jungle" is always fun. Tonight was the most fun I've had in my 3 years as an Auburn student at a basketball game. Barbee can thank us for that T that got thrown up on #20.

I agree, I've been at every home game the last few years and I can't remember the student section ever being as good as it was tonight. Several players tweeted their thanks to the jungle afterwards. We earned our team two points tonight! Just imagine how loud Auburn Arena would be if we ever put a winning product on the floor!

Random thoughts from someone who was there and is an attending season ticket holder...

Student section was indeed terrific.

Timeout situation worked against us. Wasted one on back to backs in the 1st when we got close to losing it at mid court... coming out of a timeout.

Their press, especially in the 1st half, killed us.

The officiating was horrible, inconsistent and bad at both ends.

There was a big disparity in free throws... they started hot and then faded... with the exceptions of Frankie and Ashaun, we started and finished mediocre at best.

We failed to take it to their #23 after he picked up his 4th foul with about 5 to go (may be off on this). Chubb & Ashaun had fouls to give...

On our next to last possession, Frankie (had 20 in the 1st but only 8 in the 2nd) was on the baseline... with Chubb & Wallace at the top of the key? I did not get that... love Wallace's spirit but, down at that point, we needed every shooter on the floor.

We are improving... if you expect perfection from the start, buy a pro team and pay the salaries you have to. IMO, we are darn lucky to have Barbee as our HC. I guess I should add a "thank you" to Jay Jacobs and a plea to Barbee to hang in there at a place where a grenade would harm few if it landed anywhere other than in the student section.

I can't wait for the days when we fill that place... talk about a home court advantage!

WDE!

Random thoughts from someone who was there and is an attending season ticket holder...

Student section was indeed terrific.

Timeout situation worked against us. Wasted one on back to backs in the 1st when we got close to losing it at mid court... coming out of a timeout.

Their press, especially in the 1st half, killed us.

The officiating was horrible, inconsistent and bad at both ends.

There was a big disparity in free throws... they started hot and then faded... with the exceptions of Frankie and Ashaun, we started and finished mediocre at best.

We failed to take it to their #23 after he picked up his 4th foul with about 5 to go (may be off on this). Chubb & Ashaun had fouls to give...

On our next to last possession, Frankie (had 20 in the 1st but only 8 in the 2nd) was on the baseline... with Chubb & Wallace at the top of the key? I did not get that... love Wallace's spirit but, down at that point, we needed every shooter on the floor.

We are improving... if you expect perfection from the start, buy a pro team and pay the salaries you have to. IMO, we are darn lucky to have Barbee as our HC. I guess I should add a "thank you" to Jay Jacobs and a plea to Barbee to hang in there at a place where a grenade would harm few if it landed anywhere other than in the student section.

I can't wait for the days when we fill that place... talk about a home court advantage!

WDE!

I get what you are saying, but I have one question. When can we as a fan base expect to win and win all the time? Not just in Bball, but across the board? I'm so sick of hearing, well we can't expect perfection or wait til next year. We've been hearing that for a long time and it's passed old now.

we lost but that was probably the best game we have played all year. pretty soon we are going to get it together amd win some games. I believe we get Denson back next game so that will provide some more offense to help Frankie.

Archived