Please Coach Tubs, stop!

PowerI

I really wish Tuberville would stop talking about how we should play in Miami if we go undefeated. We have three HUGE games left and we need to focus on the games. If we lose one of the games, it won't matter. Save all the National Championship talk if we go undefeated. Now is not the time.

he has also said that same thing that if we drop one it won't matter. don't worry about it, they will be focused.

Please CTT, lets cower before the media and our opponents. There is no way we are going undefeated and play for the MNC. You are embarrassing us and yourself. We are not good enough to talk highly about and one mention of the Orange Bowl will make our players less motivated about getting there. In fact, just ignore there is an Orange Bowl. We know we will finish at least second in the SEC so lets talk about who our Capital One Bowl opponent might be and how much we can enjoy a win there in Orlando. Maybe the guys could tour Disney World and Universal Studios. It going to be a great trip!

[/sarcasm]

Oh my goodness, it's not week 4! We are in GREAT shape to go undefeated. This IS the most focus determined AU team in a while. I am confident they will show up on Saturday. If UGA wins, it will be because they are better, not because CTT was talking about an MNC. If we do lose, we know this will be everyones argument.

Let CTT PR our school, it's a good thing this year. It wasn't last year, but this isn't last year.

Coach Tubs is going to be on several National TV and radio braodcast this week. I for one think he needs to get the point across that if we go undefeated and win the SEC championship game we do deserve to be playing in Miami. I also can't see how you would question Coach Tubs on this considering the job this coaching staff has done preparing this team to play each and every week. :no:

We're 9-0 and #3 in the Country!

We have the #1 scoring offense and #1 scoring defense in the SEC

Our average scoring margin is 35-10 after 9 games...

Just think how much better we could be if our lame coach would focus on what really matters. :blink:

Please CTT, lets cower before the media and our opponents.  There is no way we are going undefeated and play for the MNC.  You are embarrassing us and yourself.  We are not good enough to talk highly about and one mention of the Orange Bowl will make our players less motivated about getting there.  In fact, just ignore there is an Orange Bowl.  We know we will finish at least second in the SEC so lets talk about who our Capital One Bowl opponent might be and how much we can enjoy a win there in Orlando.  Maybe the guys could tour Disney World and Universal Studios.  It going to be a great trip!

[/sarcasm]

Oh my goodness, it's not week 4!  We are in GREAT shape to go undefeated.  This IS the most focus determined AU team in a while.  I am confident they will show up on Saturday.  If UGA wins, it will be because they are better, not because CTT was talking about an MNC.  If we do lose, we know this will be everyones argument.

Let CTT PR our school, it's a good thing this year.  It wasn't last year, but this isn't last year.

119723[/snapback]

We have to win the games first. I wish he would just focus on what's ahead. Right now the only way we can control what we play for is by winning games.

PowerI, this is about the 3rd or 4th time you've expressed something similar to this, worrying about us "not focusing" or getting caught up in the hype. We get it. You'd prefer to continue flying under the radar. But the problem is this: the talk is unavoidable. The players and coaches are getting asked some variation of this line of questioning everytime a reporter is within shouting distance.

At some point, you have to acknowledge that the goals have changed. I think we were content to compete for the SEC West and get to the title game at the start of the season. But now, the national title is within reach. The SEC title game spot has been secured. Unless all you do is say "no comment" eighteen times a day, the subject will have to be addressed.

And frankly, after nine games, there's nothing wrong with talking about it. You've actually done something on the field, unlike last year when we were talking about it before opening day. We're going to be favored in every game left except possibly a bowl game. You can't act like none of this exists. Also, we're at a point where we may need to persuade a sizable chunk of voters to move us up ahead of an undefeated Oklahoma team to even get a shot at the BCS title game. Maybe you could argue that we wait until after UGA and if we beat them, then start talking it up. But we can't wait too long. We've got to at least plant the seed that we deserve to move up if we go undefeated.

Relax and enjoy the ride. Don't get so worked up about this. The team has stayed focused all year. There's no reason to believe they won't just because of the inevitable talk of a national title is around.

As an Auburn fan, you are just having trouble, as I was, coming to grips with the fact that we are a good football team this year. The media attention comes along with that. CTT should be selling it hard that we deserve a shot at the MNC if we win out. Anything less, he's not doing his job.

If we lose our shot at it, it won't be because of talking about it. It will be because I forgot which socks to put on or forgot to stand in my living room for every defensive third down, or some reason like that.

I think CTT is doing the right thing by starting talk about how we deserve a spot. The way things are shaping up, we could be the odd team out even if we do go undefeated. He needs to be out there early, putting :au: in the spotlight, making sure people that vote in the polls see us as #1 or #2 so that if we do go undefeated, we have a shot to play in the game we deserve to be in. We have shown that we are focused all year, and I have every confidence in the world that we are ready to play Saturday. And like someone said earlier, even if he is talking about it, it's not going to change whether or not we beat :uga: . The better team will win Saturday. WDE

Someone had better be saying it, because the polls still dont show it. I, for one, want Tuberville to talk it up. I've yet to hear ANYTHING from the Wisconsin coach about BCS and that may be the reason that ESPN and their kind have completely overlooked them. As long as the media is talking about Auburn and Tuberville keeps kicking up a cloud of dust, I like our chances of getting to Miami IF we win out (which is a HUGE if).

WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM SAYING THAT? WE ARE IN A POSITION TO PLAY FOR THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. I WAS NOT ALIVE THE LAST TIME WE WON IT. OUR TEAM HAS BEEN FOCUSED ALL YEAR LONG. THAT IS NOT GOING TO CHANGE.

Someone had better be saying it, because the polls still dont show it.  I, for one, want Tuberville to talk it up.  I've yet to hear ANYTHING from the Wisconsin coach about BCS and that may be the reason that ESPN and their kind have completely overlooked them.  As long as the media is talking about Auburn and Tuberville keeps kicking up a cloud of dust, I like our chances of getting to Miami IF we win out (which is a HUGE if).

119765[/snapback]

I agree, if CTT does not talk it up and the rest of the SEC coaches don't start voting AU #1, there will be no movement and AU will be left out. The time for flying under the radar is over. The team KNOWS they must take care of business and the coaches KNOW this is the time of year that the politicking has to be done. CTT, assistant coaches and players are not taking anything for granted. When or if AU beats UGA this weekend, there could be some movement but that can not be counted on. CTT is doing the right thing to get the message out, if AU goes undefeated and CTT says nothing till then it would send the wrong message not only to the voters, but to the players as well.

I agree, if CTT does not talk it up and the rest of the SEC coaches don't start voting AU #1, there will be no movement and AU will be left out.

This is what I have been thinking all along. I have heard rumors of the PAC10 and BIG12 coaches pooling together to put their teams up and both of them voting the competitors down in the list. We need to have the SEC and really the southern and eastern coaches and writers with a vote to put AU number 1. If they want to put Oklahoma and USC out of the top 20, I won't complain.

THANK YOU GOD! Finally, someone with enough gonads to go to bat for the AUNation! Coach Tubs senses what may befall us and he is taking pre-emptive offfensive strikes. He ain't sitting on his butt waiting for everything to be handed to us on a silver platter IF the situation warrants.

By the way, where is the weasel Housel? Haven't heard too much about his "beloved" Auburn lately.....not pushing the party line....is he under a gag order?

Do you really think Oklahoma is better than us? Their big win was against Texas. Guess who Texas barely beat? Why none other than those Arkansas Pigs, the same Pigs that the media said was "unworthy" to calculate in their computers.

To those spewing the party line, DON'T QUIT!!!!!!

The above posts are exactly right. You can't talk MNC early in the season because you are not only putting a bullseye on yourself, but also setting yourself a nice, piping hot, supersized serving of crow. But, at this point in the season, you have a bullseye on your chest anyway if you are undefeated. CTT cannot afford to wait until after the Iron Bowl to begin a campaign to change the pollsters opinions.

Who better to politic for us than our HC? Bush did it for himself, Kerry did it for himself. And if not Tuberville, then who? Don't be fooled that he doesn't have his eye on the UGA game this weekend, but it can't and shouldn't monopolize every minute of every day. That is where Asst Coaches earn their money. I have no problem with him 'tooting his own horn'. And we got a horn that needs tooting this year!!!!!

I am one of those that is totally against talking about a MNC until we are playing in the Orange Bowl. One game at a time! However with that said, CTT is in a position where he probably feels the same way, but he is not going to be able to avoid talking about it because of the media. I have heard him say that the team is taking it one game at a time, but it is hard for him to dodge the question when it is asked. I think he is giving the answer that he should give. If we are undefeated, then we should be playing in Miami. Key word there is he uses the word "if". Would you expect him to say, "Well, I don't know if we can go undeafeted and if we do, I don't think we should be on the Orange Bowl". :no: C'mon, the man is handling it in a very tactful way. On one hand he is being cautious about all the talk, but on the other hand, he is showing confidence in his team. What the kind of coach would he be if he did not? What the heck are we expecting him to do? Go hide in a cave and avoid the media until Jan. 5th? :lol:

Why not talk about it and enjoy it, if something happens and we don’t make it to Miami for the orange, then it wasn't going to happen even if we didn't mention the MNC game. We have 3 games left 3 HUGE games in that right but right now I have no reason to think our Tigers will not come out with the victory, so by god I am going to talk like I believe AUBURN can and will make it to the NC GAME.

The "younguns" drinking coolaid are at it again! :cheer:;) Hey, we still have to play these two games and they both are BIG! One slip and we are back in the doldrums hoping that we can just beat Bammer and wind up 10-1. A guest named Smith on Finescum just picked Georgia to win......something to think about amid all this glee and glamor. :au:

It's 9:15 pm and I looked at the front post page here and 9 of the 13 posts are non-Auburn related. It's the Dawg week and you guys are worried about Bama and other turds. No wonder we are lucky to be in the top 20. Wimp Sanderson would call you all goobers and you know what, he would be right. You guys ought to be out biting tires....

It's 9:15 pm and I looked at the front post page here and 9 of the 13 posts are non-Auburn related.  It's the Dawg week and you guys are worried about Bama and other turds.  No wonder we are lucky to be in the top 20.  Wimp Sanderson would call you all goobers and you know what, he would be right.  You guys ought to be out biting tires....

119912[/snapback]

As fans we have that luxury. It is the team that needs to be focused on UGA. I will drive to Auburn on Saturday morning and will do my part at the TigerWalk and in the stands. No reason in the world for me to spend an entire week talking only about the UGA puppies. :slapfh:

It's 9:15 pm and I looked at the front post page here and 9 of the 13 posts are non-Auburn related.  It's the Dawg week and you guys are worried about Bama and other turds.  No wonder we are lucky to be in the top 20.  Wimp Sanderson would call you all goobers and you know what, he would be right.  You guys ought to be out biting tires....

119912[/snapback]

As fans we have that luxury. It is the team that needs to be focused on UGA. I will drive to Auburn on Saturday morning and will do my part at the TigerWalk and in the stands. No reason in the world for me to spend an entire week talking only about the UGA puppies. :slapfh:

119928[/snapback]

I as worried about UGA as anyone but its silly for me to have a one track mind. If I had UGA and them alone on my mind I would get no sleep I would worry myself dang near sick. :puke: I do however think the team should have there focus on :uga: , then :ua: , then :sec: & :ut: after that maybe the Orange.

War Eagle! Lets beat the Dawgs!

It is time that CTT shows enough confidence in this team to say they deserve to be considered for the MNC game. Bob Stoops is doing the same thing, as is Pete Carroll. The players look up to CTT and if he believes in this team then they will play like Champions. If he says that we are not #1 or #2 then what is the motivation for the players?

If you think the players are not caught up in the BCS and MNC then you are about as blind as the NCAA is thinking that Div 1 College Football is a pure Armature sport. These players have Computers, magazines and newspapers to read. Not to mention friends, classmates and reporters asking how do you feel about the BCS and MNC.

Archived