Trooper is gone

Plaric

I didn't call you a name, I don't know you. My remarks were aimed at your behavior and remarks, which are often idiotic. Damn near always. You don't know what a troll is? Yet, you follow that up with pledging your allegiance to Auburn? *snicker*.

So, if someone dislikes someone wearing their hat backwards they are a "redneck"? That is one of the stupidest conclusions I have heard in my entire life. Many people think it looks stupid, whether it is a black, white, Asian, etc. person. It personally never bothered me, nor did his antics on the sideline. It was fun when we were winning.

My problem with him started when the team went in the toilet. Investigation into the matter revealed that his story has been similar everywhere he goes. Tenny, then OSU. He was an asst. HC here so he carries a share of the blame, like it or not.

I thank TT for his time here and the early results. He seems like a really good guy. I wish him luck as I think most here do.

Play the race card if you must, it's unfounded and pathetic. It speaks volumes of your character or possible complete lack thereof. I'm not saying you are either a troll or just a babbling idiot based on your blathering on this site, that would be rude. What I am saying is don't be shocked when someone identifies you as either one, because if you aren't, it's really hard to tell.

No such thing as a race card and let's not pretend that some of the comments made against Trooper weren't racial. However, if the compliance team came to the decision that he needed to go then I'm sure the right decision was made

Actually there is, but it's not even worth discussing. If TT isn't here its because Gus felt, for whatever reason, that he wanted to go in a different direction which didn't include TT as part of it. It's not any more complicated than that.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it if anything is said negative about an Africian American, the person saying it is at least a-little racist, or Redneck or whatever? Name another successful coach that chest bumped players, waved a towel, wears his hat backwards, buddy buddy with his players etc...

As has been said, and said, and said, again on this site and others: TT could recruit, he lacked something as a coach, and player developer etc...

These facts have nothing to do with his race, they are just the facts!

Why is it if anything is said negative about an Africian American, the person saying it is at least a-little racist, or Redneck or whatever? Name another successful coach that chest bumped players, waved a towel, wears his hat backwards, buddy buddy with his players etc...

As has been said, and said, and said, again on this site and others: TT could recruit, he lacked something as a coach, and player developer etc...

People who still acknowledge anything about skin color on both sides are just moronic idiots that are still living in the 60's and have to keep racism and hate alive as a crutch to make an excuse for not being able to make it. Gotta blame somebody. There are way too many opportunities in this country to blame anybody but yourself for not being able to be successful. Playing the race card is another way of saying,

"I am too lazy to work hard, so if you don't just give it to me, I will call you a racist."

People who still acknowledge anything about skin color on both sides are just moronic idiots that are still living in the 60's and

have to keep racism and hate alive as a crutch to make an excuse for not being able to make it. Gotta blame somebody. There are way too many opportunities in this country to blame anybody but yourself for not being able to be successful. Playing the race card is another way of saying,

"I am too lazy to work hard, so if you don't just give it to me, I will call you a racist."

The only colors we should see are Orange and Blue!

People who still acknowledge anything about skin color on both sides are just moronic idiots that are still living in the 60's and

have to keep racism and hate alive as a crutch to make an excuse for not being able to make it. Gotta blame somebody. There are way too many opportunities in this country to blame anybody but yourself for not being able to be successful. Playing the race card is another way of saying,

The only colors we should see are Orange and Blue!

Amen to that!

Trooper had his reputation before Auburn. He is a career coach. He will land on his feet and be just fine, as will the other dozen coaches. Coaches come and go for different reasons at every institution. Trooper got a fair shake. The same shake every coach got this week. No issue here. Really. None.

Guest jojo1515

Inless you actually know the story about why his hat is worn backwards, I suggest you leave that one alone (that is for all of you talking about it, not anyone in particular) Troop pushed the limits for sure, but the kids seemed to love him. I personally hope he finds a good landing spot

I can understand doubting Jay Jacobs and his role in this but not Rich McGlynn. its a little troubling that Rich was involving and to me it hints to at least some truth to the rumors about TT & the NCAA.

What makes you think the compliance department had anything, anything at all to do with Trooper Taylor getting fired? The other eight assistant coaches, the head coach, the strength and conditioning coach and several lesser hangers-on were also fired. Trooper had been singled out to stay but McGlynn stepped in from the shadows and changed that? I call BS. Show us the money on that one.

Inless you actually know the story about why his hat is worn backwards, I suggest you leave that one alone (that is for all of you talking about it, not anyone in particular)

The "hat story" is a perfect example of what makes Trooper Taylor such a good salesman. LMFAO @ that one. Right, he needs to wear a hat backwards to honor his father ^-^ .

Inless you actually know the story about why his hat is worn backwards, I suggest you leave that one alone (that is for all of you talking about it, not anyone in particular) Troop pushed the limits for sure, but the kids seemed to love him. I personally hope he finds a good landing spot

I know the story of his Dad and respect TT for it. That still doesn't change the fact that if some view his antics as unprofessional at best, it doesn't make one a racist.

Again, with all that said there is a problem with 4 and 5 star talent just not being developed. That is not racist either, it is what it is!

Archived