Trooper is gone

Plaric

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, now I'm feeling better about the hire of Gus. It appears he is putting his stamp on the program and not just a yes man. Hopefully he can find a good replacement.

Ok, now I'm feeling better about the hire of Gus. It appears he is putting his stamp on the program and not just a yes man. Hopefully he can find a good replacement.

I hope you're right. I worry it wasn't solely Malzahn that wanted Trooper gone.

Why worry about that? malzahn is moving forward with his plan and if others wanted him gone as well, i dont see a problem to be concerned about.

Obviously Taylor is a helluva recruiter but I'm not sure of his coaching skills. Gus having worked with the staff for several years would know what they're capable of doing coaching wise.

Why worry about that? malzahn is moving forward with his plan and if others wanted him gone as well, i dont see a problem to be concerned about.

That's probably how it is. I don't think Malzahn would do something he didn't 100% want to.

You conspiracy theory guys just keep on finding a new wizard behind the curtain at every turn, don't you? I recommend putting your tinfoil hat back on and never removing it, even in the shower.

My only hesitation about Trooper leaving is that he seemed to draw the ire of Alabama fans enough for me to think that his recruiting was problematic for them.

Even with Malzahn's system, we'll compete with Alabama and others for defensive players, OL, WR, etc. I hope we can keep up.

You conspiracy theory guys just keep on finding a new wizard behind the curtain at every turn, don't you? I recommend putting your tinfoil hat back on and never removing it, even in the shower.

I'm confused. The fear that there has been improper influence on the football program at Auburn is a tin-foil hat conspiracy theory now?

I'm confused. The fear that there has been improper influence on the football program at Auburn is a tin-foil hat conspiracy theory now?

Yes it is, and it has been since the SACS investigation and report several years ago.

great recruiter, great coach, great mentor, but we need a culture change and gus would understand this more than any of us. good luck coach taylor. ill miss you.

I wish he could get Craig away from FSU.

+1

++1

I don't think it'd be impossible but when he was in HYT with jimbo recruiting Winston, he seemed really satisfied. Maybe with a fancy title and a dump truck of $$$ he'd be more inclined to leave Tallahassee. I'm sure he feels some loyalty to jimbo for giving him a good job.

I loved TT's enthusiasm on the sidelines, but he didn't get paid to be a cheerleader. I always thought he was a little too "familiar" with the players, meaning he wanted to be their buddy, not their mentor or coach. The lines get blurred and that can lead to problems.

Anyway, I wish him and the other now-former staffers well. Regardless of how they departed, they did give us some great moments.

I loved TT's enthusiasm on the sidelines, but he didn't get paid to be a cheerleader. I always thought he was a little too "familiar" with the players, meaning he wanted to be their buddy, not their mentor or coach. The lines get blurred and that can lead to problems.

Anyway, I wish him and the other now-former staffers well. Regardless of how they departed, they did give us some great moments.

I agree

I think this comes down to a couple of things.

1. Gus thinks he can do better at the WR coach position. If that's the case, Troop would have to be at least bumped to another coaching position on the team.

2. There are whispers that Troop (but not him alone) was part of the discipline problem. He sometimes wanted to be the players' friend more than their coach or disciplinarian.

I have also heard that Gus and Troop didn't always see eye to eye back when he was here the last time in terms of philosophy. If that's the case, or even partly the case, Gus made the decision he had to make. Will it hurt recruiting? Probably. Hopefully Gus can replace him with a coach or coaches that can make up ground in that respect but balance it with holding kids accountable on and off the field.

I wish Trooper well. He has done well for himself and will continue to do well. I just hope he doesn't end up in the SEC but I am pretty confident that he will.

I am hoping that Gus will at least try and maybe pull D Craig from FSU? I don't know though seeing as how Gus will more than likely be coaching the QB's for the most part.

Archived