2013 4* JUCO DT Lavon Hooks (Ole Miss signee)

ellitor

It will be Ole Miss. That staff has done an excellent job of recruiting they are gaining momentum for the school and are on their way up.

Welp hate to say it but I was right again. SMH

From the outside looking in, you actually seem to enjoy it. Not the first time I have seen you bring back up something negative, you said, just to pat yourself on the back.

Well the purpose is to be realistic and state the truth not to pump sunshine into giving people false hope, like most. Yes we had a chance and so did 120 other schools but at the end of the day I knew and rational people knew that he would sign with Ole Miss. Now if the descion had been put off for a few weeks then our chances are increased.

If you read the article in the Gwinnett Post.. Hooks said he wanted to sigh with Auburn....his choice, but Auburn didn't accept an English class. Mississippi and Miss State accepted the class. You might of had something in common with Mr. Hooks and Ole Miss.

(tongue in cheek)Stupid education getting in the way of competitive football...

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be Ole Miss. That staff has done an excellent job of recruiting they are gaining momentum for the school and are on their way up.

From the outside looking in, you actually seem to enjoy it. Not the first time I have seen you bring back up something negative, you said, just to pat yourself on the back.

Well the purpose is to be realistic and state the truth not to pump sunshine into giving people false hope, like most. Yes we had a chance and so did 120 other schools but at the end of the day I knew and rational people knew that he would sign with Ole Miss. Now if the descion had been put off for a few weeks then our chances are increased.

You were only right by default, unless of course you knew that his English class wouldnt be accepted by AU. He chose Auburn not Ole Miss but then had to go with his #2, Ole Miss. The decision being put off a few weeks would have made no difference unless somebody could have talked academics into changing their minds in a reasonable amount of time. Personally, I think its stupid not to accept this kid and then let him work out the class later while at AU. The SEC had already accepted him.

You can blame Jay Gogue and academics for this one boys. I would have been okay lowering our standards for the day to get him.

Absolutely. When will these administrators and teachers figure out that Auburn is a Pro football team and not a center of higher education. I have no idea why they continue to spend money on classrooms, research and in any way imparting knowledge.

Really? Are you kidding or are you one of those who take the high road only when it benefits you? I hope whoever engineered that building you are in was not given a pass on a class so he could play ball. I typically do not attack on this board but if this post was not a joke you my friend are an idiot.

You were only right by default, unless of course you knew that his English class wouldnt be accepted by AU. He chose Auburn not Ole Miss but then had to go with his #2, Ole Miss. The decision being put off a few weeks would have made no difference unless somebody could have talked academics into changing their minds in a reasonable amount of time. Personally, I think its stupid not to accept this kid and then let him work out the class later while at AU. The SEC had already accepted him.

A win is a win... That could all be garbage to make us feel better since we put alot into getting him.

I don't think we put that much into it. This is only been an option for a couple of weeks. Granted we have worked hard those weeks to get him. Now losing Foster or Adams over something like this would be terrible becuase a lot has gone into getting them.

2 things. 1. Sani-Freeze was on point with this whole situation. I don'y know how often he will have inside info on things but he has been on top of Hooks. He has been giving me info on it for a week now on this and all of it was correct...and 2. I am completely baffled how Auburn denies a kid the SEC has OKed. That boggles my mind.

2 things. 1. Sani-Freeze was on point with this whole situation. I don'y know how often he will have inside info on things but he has been on top of Hooks. He has been giving me info on it for a week now on this and all of it was correct...and 2. I am completely baffled how Auburn denies a kid the SEC has OKed. That boggles my mind.

I wonder if this is a result of the Jovon Robinson situation.

Very possible

A win is a win... That could all be garbage to make us feel better since we put alot into getting him.

A win? Wow.

Yes, but it's not a win for Auburn although I suppose it could be as "garbage" story. We will eventually know if the grade story was true or not.

Well, that is dissappointing, however, lets move on and go for the 4* juco dude and hopefully get him, along with the other JUCOs on our list, WDE, and hate that we started recruiting him after his recruitment was basically over.

It is interesting that on a day that Auburn is ranked as one of the best schools in the country that they could not get a juco guy in. There are many top tier programs that do not recruit many juco guys because they will never get through admissions, the price we pay to be a part of a great University. Unfortunate that we will not see him on the field, but the first part is doing what is necessary to get into the school.

It is interesting that on a day that Auburn is ranked as one of the best schools in the country that they could not get a juco guy in. There are many top tier programs that do not recruit many juco guys because they will never get through admissions, the price we pay to be a part of a great University. Unfortunate that we will not see him on the field, but the first part is doing what is necessary to get into the school.

Yes. Thank you. It is a school with a football team. Not a football team with a school.

Yes. Thank you. It is a school with a football team. Not a football team with a school.

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. I am just saying whatever the standards are for the SEC it should be that way across the board for all SEC schools.

I don't think anyone is saying otherwise. I am just saying whatever the standards are for the SEC it should be that way across the board for all SEC schools.

i had not read through the last couple of pages of the thread, so I was no way responding to a comment you made E!! I would certainly agree with the SEC setting some guidelines but some schools are gonna have higher standards than what they set.

i had not read through the last couple of pages of the thread, so I was no way responding to a comment you made E!! I would certainly agree with the SEC setting some guidelines but some schools are gonna have higher standards than what they set.

My reply was to Shug's post.

That will never happen. I wish it would. Vandy would be ticked if they had to drop their standards. The rest of the SEC would be ticked if we had to come up to Vandy's standards.

That will never happen. I wish it would. Vandy would be ticked if they had to drop their standards. The rest of the SEC would be ticked if we had to come up to Vandy's standards.

Vandy's standards are not exceptionally high for student athletes getting in. It's staying in that is the issue at Vandy.

Vandy's standards are not exceptionally high for student athletes getting in. It's staying in that is the issue at Vandy.

I think perhaps you underestimate Vandy on that point.

In this case, it appears that he had not taken the corrrect core courses .....and not just his grade level. He seems to be open about the issue and that he favored AU. Just one of those things.

Absolutely not. This is not the first time this has happened. A few years back we couldn't admit a kid who then went to Tennessee. A couple years before that we couldn't admit a kid that went to UAT. Before that, there was another one who ended up at UAT after being denied admission to Auburn.

For years, Auburn has not accepted a "D" grade as passing for transfers. Many others do, and the SEC and NCAA do. Auburn doesn't. Every now and then it bites us.

Yeah tell me about it, I am going to transfer to AU in the fall as a junior (not atheletic, so don't get your hopes up) and I have to have all Cs or higher to get them to accept them.

Archived