2013 4* JUCO DT Lavon Hooks (Ole Miss signee)

ellitor

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, since he is a JUCO, maybe he is there for immediate depth and PT?

Too little too late IMO. I dont see that happening but we can hope because if theres any place that Auburn more desperately needs help than D-line I dont know where that might be.

Too little too late IMO. I dont see that happening but we can hope because if theres any place that Auburn more desperately needs help than D-line I dont know where that might be.

Linebacker is in high demand also.

I actually think this will be more a reflection of the existing DL that Gus is about to run off than the new recruits coming in

recruits or current players that he is about to run off?

Read a good story on him CGM was on him already at AK St and extended the offer to AU. He said that AU was one of his favorite SEC teams already. Has a relationship with David Irons SR and family who are AU fans. Could be a good get.

I actually think this will be more a reflection of the existing DL that Gus is about to run off than the new recruits coming in

recruits or current players that he is about to run off?

current players. i may have overstated it a little. under chiz, we had pretty well settled on our commits who we had plus maybe adams. i guess there is no telling the direction of gus or the new D staff or the dynamics of the existing commits with the new staff.

I think we take a full class. We'll see a group of guys not on the spring roster that will allow it.

I think there's an outstanding chance of that happening.

I think we take a full class. We'll see a group of guys not on the spring roster that will allow it.

i wish that wasnt the case, but hard to see some schollys not opening up. i believe we will soon find out who the workers are and are not.

Said we are his final official visit.

This could mean great news come Sunday or Monday!

WHAT? I thought we gave full 4 year scholarships and did not "process" players like the evil NS. I thought that was what gave us our moral superiority.

(where is my sarcasm sign. Just added that for all those that took that position before this season (you know who you are) one 3-8 season did it for that idea)

WHAT? I thought we gave full 4 year scholarships and did not "process" players like the evil NS. I thought that was what gave us our moral superiority.

(where is my sarcasm sign. Just added that for all those that took that position before this season (you know who you are) one 3-8 season did it for that idea)

Players weed themselves out after coaching change. Some don't like the culture change or realize that this may not be the best scenario for them. I agree that the "process" joke gets over played here though, I'd love to be in a situation where our depth is so good that 4 and 5 stars transfer bc of lack of PT. Can't stand the team but also won't sit and pretend they haven't produced whether they cheat or not.

Hope Hooks signs with us. Love a big athletic DT.

Great news..any tape on hooks ?

Highlights from high school are in the OP. Current highlights are in Rivals premium unfortunately.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruit-highlights-football/iowastate/Lavon-Hooks-Highlights-1110008

Here's some highlights from a Nebraska site that are free. The video is almost 6 minutes, but watch from 0:55 to about 5:00 to see some of his highlights.

Pretty impressive guy with speed and quickness. He jumps well on his rush and knocks down several passes. He also plays both as a hand in the dirt DT and a standup rush DE. I'm impressed.

We need at least three early enrolee guys, either JUCO or early HS graduates to fill last year's undersigning. Those scholarships are use 'em or lose 'em by January 9th, the day winter classes start. I hope this guy qualifies to start school in January. As thin as we are going to be, we'll need all hands on deck!

Archived