2013 4* JUCO DT Lavon Hooks (Ole Miss signee)

ellitor

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone must have called and still has him on the phone or showed up at his place lol.

Doesn't he know a lot of grown men with nothing better to do are just hanging out waiting to hear what happens. Myself definitely included. :)

A couple of things. Garner is a serious candidate to join the staff and not necessarily on defense. He can coach a number of positions like OL or TE, which means Rock is still very much in play if we get Garner.

TIFWIW but 23 just told me things were delayed because Hooks was torn between AU Ole Miss and Miss St.

For those of us not in the loop....Will he make his decision known today? I haven't been able to understand if this delay is until later today, or is it going to be another day?

Now it looks like AU is out of it for Hooks after all. Need to get our staff in place asap and get some momentum for signing day.

Why are we out? E just said we're in.

Now it looks like AU is out of it for Hooks after all. Need to get our staff in place asap and get some momentum for signing day.

I never said we were in.

I never said we were in.

In the running.

JHoke just said that Hooks has indefinitely delayed his decision.

Seems Miss St, Ole Miss and Auburn seem to be the last three

He had a decision but last minute pushing is causing the delay

Ellitor's statement is correct- Hooks is torn between AU, Miss and Miss St. But I am now hearing it will not be AU unfortunately.

There is a lot of negative recruiting being used against AU from all sides right now, and it may have taken its toll in this case. Plus the fact that we were late getting in the race, and haven't hired a DL coach.

It will be Ole Miss. That staff has done an excellent job of recruiting they are gaining momentum for the school and are on their way up.

It may be Ole Miss but my thinking is if it was he would have already pulled the trigger.

It will be Ole Miss. That staff has done an excellent job of recruiting they are gaining momentum for the school and are on their way up.

i feel that if it was ole miss the decision would have already been made and papers signed.

i feel that if it was ole miss the decision would have already been made and papers signed.

Ya that is my thinking to but we have to much working against us overall.

well the pause helps us honestly we might be out of it now (even though I don't think we are), but it just gives us more time to get back in it. Which I believe it is highly possible.

well the pause helps us honestly we might be out of it now (even though I don't think we are), but it just gives us more time to get back in it. Which I believe it is highly possible.

^^^^^^^This. Nothing is a done deal til the NLI is faxed in.

Archived