2013 4* JUCO DT Lavon Hooks (Ole Miss signee)

ellitor

well the pause helps us honestly we might be out of it now (even though I don't think we are), but it just gives us more time to get back in it. Which I believe it is highly possible.

^^^^^^^This. Nothing is a done deal til the NLI is faxed in.

Very true. As we all know, even if you announce your decision on national television on signing day, it still doesn't mean anything.

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember until we got in this, the reports were that Hooks was ready to go with Ole Miss. Since Hooks already knows all there is to know about Ole Miss and MSU, there is no reason for a delay with them other than indecision between those two. So, it seems logical to me that if he is delaying with Auburn is still in it , he is waiting to find out something about Auburn. Like who the DL coach will be ?

I bet he delayed because Gus, in a Gus kinda way on the phone said, "look let me get you on campus and you will be an AU Tiger guaranteed." We need you and this the place for you- you will be surprised at the DL hire you will benefit from CEJ teaching you. War Eagle Mr. Hooks give us a chance and you wont regret it...

Bring him in Gus :)

Auburnsports.com reported today that Coach Malzahn would have his coaching staff filled by jan. 4th. So maybe we will have a D. end coach for Lavon here pretty soon.

I bet he delayed because Gus, in a Gus kinda way on the phone said, "look let me get you on campus and you will be an AU Tiger guaranteed." We need you and this the place for you- you will be surprised at the DL hire you will benefit from CEJ teaching you. War Eagle Mr. Hooks give us a chance and you wont regret it...

Or maybe Gus fired the bagman and hasn't replaced him yet :dunno:

He doesn't have to do anything until time to enroll in class at whatever school he chooses in early January. Were I this conflicted about something with no immediate time pressure, I'd simply wait a week or two and let the fog clear.

Or maybe Gus fired the bagman and hasn't replaced him yet :dunno:

I spit my coffee out,,,,,,,,, almost on this one. If we dont get, i wont be dissapointed because we are so late in the go for LH. After missing his visit twice i kinda thought we had a 2% chance but AU might be pressing hard for this one. Like stated above, He seemed pretty set for Ole Miss. Why wait. Like Gus has said in every interview, " Well, this is a great place." Now remember the country accent when repeat that quote lol gotta love Gus's southern dandy slang

It will be Ole Miss. That staff has done an excellent job of recruiting they are gaining momentum for the school and are on their way up.

The longer this goes on, the less likely Hooks commits to Ole Miss. He's getting some love now and realizing he doesn't have to settle.

It will be Ole Miss. That staff has done an excellent job of recruiting they are gaining momentum for the school and are on their way up.

The longer this goes on, the less likely Hooks commits to Ole Miss. He's getting some love now and realizing he doesn't have to settle.

Ole Miss is not necesarrily a place to settle anymore. They are putting together a nice class and likely are the big leader for the #1 player in the nation.

JHoke just said that Hooks has indefinitely delayed his decision.

Seems Miss St, Ole Miss and Auburn seem to be the last three

He had a decision but last minute pushing is causing the delay

Thanks for that! I was having a hard time following how long the delay in his decision was going to be.

Brad Logan@BradLoganCA

Pure gold RT @EMsStTE BREAKING: Lavon Hooks' watch found.pic.twitter.com/wonK6fXT

Brandon Cavanaugh@eightlaces

Turns out Lavon Hooks will be the one ushering in the Fifth World Age of Ether or Creativity the Mayans were all giddy over.

Camal Petro@CamalPetro

Lavon Hooks is going to forget what time the games are for whatever school he picks. @RedCupRebellion

RebelliousB@theRebelliousB

Lavon Hooks: "oh, was that today?"

jeremy wright@GlassFacedScum

BREAKING NEWS Lavon hooks decides not to play football anymore

Matt Piper@MattPiper_PGA

1st school to give Lavon Hooks a watch will get his commitment

How long has he been saying he was gonna announce on Dec 19? I was not aware until i looked on the boards that he was commiting at 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m,, 1, 2 well now he delayed lol

Well 5 oclock has passed what is the word? Is it being moved to 9 oclock?

Was not suppose.d to be 5 today/ Was supposed to be 5 Monday, then 11, 12, and 1 today.

Seeing tweets with a link to an "amazing twist" about this guy, can anyone summarize? Or is that legal?

Seeing tweets with a link to an "amazing twist" about this guy, can anyone summarize? Or is that legal?

On AUF, no.

Ah, in that case, don't summarize anything, but as soon as is legal explain what it sayes lol.

On AUF, no.

How about a thumbs up or down for the good guys?

:dunno: Is there a side thumb?

Let me preface this by saying I have no inside information about Hooks whatsoever. Everything I know about his recruitment, I learned in this thread.

That having been said, I'm beginning to get the feeling that he's going to be a Tiger before it's over. Just seems like he was sold on Ole Miss until Auburn started pushing, then he decided to visit Auburn but got some negative recruiting and changed his mind, but was swayed back to consideration with the phone campaign...and at this point, Auburn has to feel pretty good to him. He grew up an Auburn fan, and it doesn't take much to look up Ole Miss' record in the SECCG (0-0, as in they've never even sniffed a division title, much less a conference championship). Maybe they're building something legit in Oxford. But then again, you can't forget that it's Ole Miss.

I also don't buy that Mississippi State is a legitimate contender. I think they are just the other school in his top 3 and he's not giving any clues as to his actual leanings.

Archived