2013 4* JUCO DT Toby Johnson (Georgia signee)

ellitor

Anyone know his academics? I'd hate to have another Hooks situation. But I really dont want Auburn giving transfer credit for D's no matter what the SEC says.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know his academics? I'd hate to have another Hooks situation. But I really dont want Auburn giving transfer credit for D's no matter what the SEC says.

He is a spring graduate

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where we are with Mr. Johnson? Are we still interested in him? Would we sign both him and Ben Bradley?

Yes. Coaches looking to sign 4 DTs. Toby will OV on Jan. 18th

If we wanted to sign 6 DTs, I'd be perfectly fine with that. Our defensive tackle play is far and away our biggest area of need on this team. Our coaches are doing a stellar job of addressing this.

If we wanted to sign 6 DTs, I'd be perfectly fine with that. Our defensive tackle play is far and away our biggest area of need on this team. Our coaches are doing a stellar job of addressing this.

Do you really think recruiting will address it? My thinking is that there is a great deal of talent already on the team. We have five upperclassmen and two underclassmen, most of them 4* recruits returning. We need some good hands on coaching-up more than anything else.

Do you really think recruiting will address it? My thinking is that there is a great deal of talent already on the team. We have five upperclassmen and two underclassmen, most of them 4* recruits returning. We need some good hands on coaching-up more than anything else.

^^^this^^^. I agree that DT play needs to improve, but the talent is there. I also think we have a lot of talent in the secondary. Linebacker depth has been this teams Achilles heel for a while. I think Foster and Cam with Cass and Javiere from last year might start giving us the depth we need. Especially if Frost comes around. Might still need to add one more this year. Sucks losing Trey (as of now). May have been the best group of linebackers we ever recruited. Foster is a REALY important get for this class.

^^^this^^^. I agree that DT play needs to improve, but the talent is there. I also think we have a lot of talent in the secondary. Linebacker depth has been this teams Achilles heel for a while. I think Foster and Cam with Cass and Javiere from last year might start giving us the depth we need. Especially if Frost comes around. Might still need to add one more this year. S!ucks losing Trey (as of now). May have been the best group of linebackers we ever recruited. Foster is a REALY important get for this class.

Dude, are you serious? Our secondary play has been absolutely miserable the last several years. I'm really excited about the direction our DBs are headed with the new staff. That said, we have all kinds of problems on D, not just line or backers.

^^^this^^^. I agree that DT play needs to improve, but the talent is there. I also think we have a lot of talent in the secondary. Linebacker depth has been this teams Achilles heel for a while. I think Foster and Cam with Cass and Javiere from last year might start giving us the depth we need. Especially if Frost comes around. Might still need to add one more this year. S!ucks losing Trey (as of now). May have been the best group of linebackers we ever recruited. Foster is a REALY important get for this class.

Dude, are you serious? Our secondary play has been absolutely miserable the last several years. I'm really excited about the direction our DBs are headed with the new staff. That said, we have all kinds of problems on D, not just line or backers.

Honestly, I think the reason our secondary was so horrible was because they were in Zone coverage most all the time. Oh and they forgot how to tackle :)

Honestly, I think the reason our secondary was so horrible was because they were in Zone coverage most all the time. Oh and they forgot how to tackle :)/>

You gotta look at it though, man. Our secondary issues date back to 2010. People forget we were tenth in the nation against the run that year, but our pass D was 500th. They need the right coaching, and I love that we have Smith on board. That's an area that has to gt better, though.

Honestly, I think the reason our secondary was so horrible was because they were in Zone coverage most all the time. Oh and they forgot how to tackle :)/>

Just an opinion. Not only was the secondary in zone most of the time, they also had to make most of the tackles in our run game. The talent is there though with the right coaching...I don't know if the same can be said about our current linbacking corp though.

We get a pass rush up the middle from our DTs and you will be surprised how good our secondary can be with these new coaches. No secondary can cover for 5 seconds like a lot of opposing QBs were getting last year.

Does a JUCO player that is a spring grad just count towards the current 25 like most high school players?

We get a pass rush up the middle from our DTs and you will be surprised how good our secondary can be with these new coaches. No secondary can cover for 5 seconds like a lot of opposing QBs were getting last year.

Yes, Yes and Yes! Improved line play makes everyone better. We have to be able to get thru the line and make those QB's feel rushed. I agree we do have the talent but more DL players is never a bad thing. In fact, more will only increase the competition for start time...come on Toby, we need ya!

This would be a pretty big coup to get this kid from UGA. He has seemed a lock to them for sometime now IMO. Will be interesting to see if Garner can sway him to the good guys and if Bradley commits whether or not the two will play with each other again

Yeah, sorry my fault that is what I get for multitasking lol.

Archived