2013 4* JUCO DT Toby Johnson (Georgia signee)

ellitor

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact he had ACL surgery in November concerns me.

Adrian Peterson

So, you think Toby will rehab in record time and lead the nation in rushing?

Not just that but he will start at RB for the Minnesota Vikings, which means he will not have any eligibility left!

The fact he had ACL surgery in November concerns me.

Adrian Peterson

So, you think Toby will rehab in record time and lead the nation in rushing?

Not just that but he will start at RB for the Minnesota Vikings, which means he will not have any eligibility left!

Adrian Peterson is a freak, realistically his recovery is more dependent upon the severity of the injury, type of surgery(ie. Bodie Miller?), drive to get back. If I am correct he has 3 to play 2, so a redshirt might be in order to get him back up to full strength. Plus most ACL injuries are facilitated by weak hamstrings allowing the tub/fib to slide forward tearing/rupturing the ligament. Strengthening the hamstrings won't save you if a 300lb lineman lands on you wrong, but it will help in mitigating any potential for future injury otherwise.

Medical advances are huge especially for the ligaments of the knee. Friend works in medical device field and he said the Adrian Peterson recovery time is not too far off from the standard for the next few years.

Here's the thing about the 3 years to play 2 thing IMO. If you go after a JUCO guy, it's because you need him to contribute immediately. I don't think many coaches would go after one if they even remotely thought they'd have to RS him. Obviously 3 to play 2 comes in handy if he can contribute and gets injured mid-season or something like that, but then a Medical RS is a possibility too. Again, just my $.02

Any idea when Big Mr. Johnson will commit?

Since he doesn't qualify as an early enrolee he'll sign with the high school guys on February 6th. Commit, who knows?

@JHokanson

#Auburn no longer recruiting. RT @YaBoyMaxWeezy: @JHokansonwhy is Toby Johnson not on the Hot Board?

Toby had a knee injury this fall that he’s still rehabbing and has academic issues.

Do the coaches feel good about Adams?

@JHokanson

#Auburn no longer recruiting. RT @YaBoyMaxWeezy: @JHokansonwhy is Toby Johnson not on the Hot Board?

Toby had a knee injury this fall that he's still rehabbing and has academic issues.

Not sure yet.

@JHokanson

Toby had a knee injury this fall that he's still rehabbing and has academic issues.

Not sure yet.

Adams isn't an AU lean presently, so I doubt the coaches 'feel good' about him...definitely disappointing to hear that Toby Johnson is no longer being recruited.

Archived