For You Negative Basketball Fans

jwmboom7

Crowd noise does not put points on the board.

100% false. This year against DePaul our student section got under one if their players skin and he mouthed off at them and got a technical. We made both free throws. The Jungle scored 2 points that night.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been to several basketball games in the past both at BEMC and Auburn Arena and crowd noise may play a motivational factor but as for actually affecting the outcome of any game it is nil. I think for Auburn basketball to rise above the current run of sub .500 play we need to make a change at the top...Jay Jacobs shows Barbee and the team no support and he is just a bad AD when it comes to sports not named football.

I have been to several basketball games in the past both at BEMC and Auburn Arena and crowd noise may play a motivational factor but as for actually affecting the outcome of any game it is nil. I think for Auburn basketball to rise above the current run of sub .500 play we need to make a change at the top...Jay Jacobs shows Barbee and the team no support and he is just a bad AD when it comes to sports not named football.

^^^ +100

Actually, the students are holding up their end of the bargain. It's rather disgusting to see all those fine, close to the court donor seats about 3/4 empty, game after game after game. People besides students are capable of making noise too, and we older folk are doing a sorry job of it.

Let's pick up our end of the responsibility now that the conference season is starting!

I have scholarship seats and I am at the games when I can get there. I am also not happy about the amount of people that show up at some games but you have to realize that most of those seats are held by people that do not live in Auburn and have to drive in to the campus. I drive a little over 1 hr. 45 min. and when I cannot get to a game I find someone to use my tickets. I will admit that the student section gets rather full but you guys live there. Also remember those empty seats represent money, like it or not, rear end in the seat or not. I can assure you it is a big task to get down to the games for me. Things that you apparently don't know is that they are slowly working on the seating issues. I was at the FSU game and I can testify that crowd noise does make a difference. The game time also plays a big part of people coming to the games. Again remember that most of the scholarship people are driving into town. If the game starts at 8:00 I don't get home until midnight or later. That is a weeknight, I do have to go to work the next day. Don't be so critical until you think everything through.

As a former bball coach I can assure you crowds can have an effect on an opposing team, especially when a loud, hostile crowd is combined with a team that plays very good pressure D.

I have scholarship seats and I am at the games when I can get there. I am also not happy about the amount of people that show up at some games but you have to realize that most of those seats are held by people that do not live in Auburn and have to drive in to the campus. I drive a little over 1 hr. 45 min. and when I cannot get to a game I find someone to use my tickets. I will admit that the student section gets rather full but you guys live there. Also remember those empty seats represent money, like it or not, rear end in the seat or not. I can assure you it is a big task to get down to the games for me. Things that you apparently don't know is that they are slowly working on the seating issues. I was at the FSU game and I can testify that crowd noise does make a difference. The game time also plays a big part of people coming to the games. Again remember that most of the scholarship people are driving into town. If the game starts at 8:00 I don't get home until midnight or later. That is a weeknight, I do have to go to work the next day. Don't be so critical until you think everything through.

Those folks should donate tickets to local schools if they know they can't make it. Are the scholarship tickets separate tickets per game or is it one ticket for the entire season? The athletic dept should help ticket holders facilitate this with the local schools, rec centers and orphanges/foster homes or big brother programs.

Those folks should donate tickets to local schools if they know they can't make it. Are the scholarship tickets separate tickets per game or is it one ticket for the entire season? The athletic dept should help ticket holders facilitate this with the local schools, rec centers and orphanges/foster homes or big brother programs.

There are different tickets for every home game. So if you order 2 scholarship tickets for the season, you will receive 2 scholarship tickets for each home game. As far as your donation idea, I think its great to donate your tickets, however, I think that idea won't work. Most scholarship ticket owners do not know if they are going to be able to go until the day of due to work, family activities, etc.

I recently took four tickets with me to a game because I knew I would not be able to attend the next two games and gave them to a individual with AU and he stated that they do have hookups with different associations to give them tickets. jwmboom7 is correct sometimes you don't know until the last minute. I did find out while talking with this gentleman you can let them know the day of the game and they will take care of the last minute situation. I am not sure how they do it but he stated that I did not have to worry about getting my tickets to them for them to be used. I was glad to find that out because some of mine have gone unused because I thought they would have to have my tickets. I do make last minute decisions sometime about going because of the drive.

I'd love to get to sit in those scholarship seats on occasion. If the university is doing something about making arrangements to connect people who have them with people that want them, they need to publicize it. I don't live in Auburn either, but 40 minutes away ain't so bad.

I'd love to get to sit in those scholarship seats on occasion. If the university is doing something about making arrangements to connect people who have them with people that want them, they need to publicize it. I don't live in Auburn either, but 40 minutes away ain't so bad.

well I doubt that JJ would spend his time on trying to promote the basketball program and making it better. So I doubt anything gets publicized.

well I doubt that JJ would spend his time on trying to promote the basketball program and making it better. So I doubt anything gets publicized.

The guy presided over building a $100 million arena and hired a $ million a year coach. What makes you think he doesn't care about basketball?

He really needs to go. He has treated some donors very disrespectfully and under his watch some stadium employees have refused elderly and handicapped people from using the elevator at the stadium, which could end in a lawsuit if an injury occurs to one of these individuals going up the ramps.

He really needs to go. He has treated some donors very disrespectfully and under his watch some stadium employees have refused elderly and handicapped people from using the elevator at the stadium, which could end in a lawsuit if an injury occurs to one of these individuals going up the ramps.

Gee...you really hate JJ don't you? Some of the weakest complaints I've ever seen.

We know how you feel....so why not move on to another subject?

The guy presided over building a $100 million arena and hired a $ million a year coach. What makes you think he doesn't care about basketball?

yeah an Arena that he has not finished and told Barbee it would be finished. He promised Barbee it would be finished a long time ago and he has not kept his promise. He has no support of the basketball program. When was the last time you saw JJ at a basketball game? Oh yeah don't forget about how bad he screwed up midnight madness this year. So Austin Nichols went to Memphis' midnight madness that night instead. Nichols signed with Memphis.

yeah an Arena that he has not finished and told Barbee it would be finished. He promised Barbee it would be finished a long time ago and he has not kept his promise. He has no support of the basketball program. When was the last time you saw JJ at a basketball game? Oh yeah don't forget about how bad he screwed up midnight madness this year. So Austin Nichols went to Memphis' midnight madness that night instead. Nichols signed with Memphis.

I've been to a few games and I saw him at the game the day they fired Chiz. (against RI I think)

Man you are breaking my heart...this is the third or fourth time I seen this stuff. TB is a million dollar a year coach and he can't organize Midnight Madness on his own? And the arena not finished....keep hearing that but not sure what the deal is....but keep in mind that the athletic dept isn't the Federal Government and doesn't print money.

If Barbee is complaining about such trivial stuff to the likes of people posting on this board I'm disappointed in him. He's an adult and should learn to live with disappointment... And blaming JJ because some kid signed with Memphis...that's about the lamest excuse I've ever heard.

A couple of you folks need to forget JJ and just move along. He ain't going anywhere.

Meanwhile, TB better get moving along with the basketball program or he will have bigger things worry about. Seems he finally has the program going in the right direction and I would think that he (unlike some posters on this board) knows to keep his eye on the ball and not worry about the unimportant miscellany.

Dead on AU64. This same guy has mentioned many times that the Arena is not finished, please tell me what is not finished.

Archived