Winthrop game thread

WarTiger

Winthrop is not a gimme. The have more NCAA success in recent years than most.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same thing every year under Barbee: NO peremiter defense just give up 3 after 3. I dont really care if Winthrop is not a gimme, we are a SEC team we hsould not even be in a close game with them. We have more talent it just comes down to coaching and Barbee is not getting it done..

What is the conventional wisdom on how long a good coach should be able to turn around a college program? If you are not starting to get it done in year 3 I assume that is not a good sign? I know its a long season ahead - full of much better teams than we have been playing - but is it too early to start asking if Barbee is not the guy?

What is the conventional wisdom on how long a good coach should be able to turn around a college program? If you are not starting to get it done in year 3 I assume that is not a good sign? I know its a long season ahead - full of much better teams than we have been playing - but is it too early to start asking if Barbee is not the guy?

I don't know what the conventional thinking is, but we are better than we were when Lebo left.

definitely wasn't intentional. I hate the way they are handling the swinging elbows now. It was completely an incidental move with zero malicious intent.

I don't know what the conventional thinking is, but we are better than we were when Lebo left.

Progress is good and point taken. Still would be nice have a program that could at least be competitive in the SEC. Guess we will see over the next few months.

Looking at SEC results today,being competitive in conference is a low goal

Archived