Potential candidate for WR coach

DyeHardAllTheWay

Don't know much about the guy, but how did he end up from Arkansas to Buffalo?

Via Miami University. I guess Oxford, OH is probably about halfway from Fayetteville to Buffalo. Seriously, though, this guy has a lot of experience, but I'm not sure how it fits in with Gus' offensive philosophy. But a coach with this much experience has probably seen a little bit of everything.

wood is a very accomplished coach, i just wonder how a guy with such experience would handle working for a 29-year old OC. not saying he would be anything but professional, it just might be awkward.

wood is a very accomplished coach, i just wonder how a guy with such experience would handle working for a 29-year old OC. not saying he would be anything but professional, it just might be awkward.

A 60-something year old Joe Pendry worked for a 29 year old OC at Alabama.

That's only if you believe Lashlee will be running the offense...;)

That's only if you believe Lashlee will be running the offense...;)/>

Ya know...no offense, but its getting kinda old hearing derogatory comments about this young man. I happen to believe Lashlee will run a lot more of the offense than you guys think. He's been under Gus for some time now. He played in the system as well. What seems to be a lot of you old timers paranoia about young coaches? Gus may have a lot of say how the offense is run, but I think Gus understands what he has in lashlee and is comfortable letting him roam a little with playcalling. Some of you old timers need to take off ya blinders. Lashlee seems like q very well spoken, confident man that knows exactly what he wants to accomplish, cut the guy some slack.

Hah, You said wood!

Hah, You said wood!

LOL

Hah, You said wood!

LOL

Yes, it is sophmoric, bordering on immature but still funny! What a great country!

Hah, You said wood!

LOL

Yes, it is sophmoric, bordering on immature but still funny! What a great country!

I concur

Casey Woods is still my choice, and the most likely candidate. He has been working as WR coach with Malzahn since 2009, and will coach in the Godaddy.com bowl on 1/6/2013 under Lashlee.

:wareagle:

Casey Woods is still my choice, and the most likely candidate. He has been working as WR coach with Malzahn since 2009, and will coach in the Godaddy.com bowl on 1/6/2013 under Lashlee.

:wareagle:

This is my guess as well. I have heard a lot of very good things about Casey Woods from his time at AU as a GA. While not close to being as good a recruiter as our previous WR coach, I believe, based on what I have been told (purely rumor of course), Woods would be a fairly substantial upgrade in terms of actual coaching.

wde

Not that he is on Malzahn's radar but this would be a great hire for WR-Special teams...

Dwayne Dixon - Ohio Bobcats / WR Coach

Dwayne Dixon joined the Bobcats in June 2007. Dixon, a 17-year coaching veteran, came to Athens after two seasons as the wide receivers coach at NC State.

In 2010, senior wide receiver Terrance McCrae was a third-team All-MAC selection and became Ohio's all-time leader in career touchdown receptions, finishing with 19 to his credit. McCrae, along with Steven Goulet, signed professional contracts with NFL teams prior to the start of camp.

McCrae also tied the school's single-season TD reception mark of nine (third in the MAC) for the second time and led the team with 35 catches for 505 yards last year. Sophomore tight end Jordan Thompson was named to the All-MAC second team after snaring snared 21 passes for 204 yards and three touchdowns.

Dixon's receiving corps was among the most dangerous in the league in 2009. Senior and New England Patriots draftee Taylor Price set the school record with 149 career catches, while McCrae tied Andrew Mooney's single-season touchdown reception mark with nine.

Dixon's receivers had another breakout season in 2008. In addition to hauling in 228 catches, the second-highest total in school history, the group amassed a program-record 2,795 yards. The group's 232.9 yards a game was also tops on the school's record books.

In his first season as wide receivers coach, Dixon saw his receiving corps haul in passes totaling over 1,200 yards, averaging nearly 14 yards per reception.

Dixon spent his first 15 seasons at his alma mater, the University of Florida. He held a number of titles in his tenure with the Gators, including assistant head coach from 1995-99 and 2003-04. Dixon spent all 15 seasons working with the wide receivers and also mentored Florida's kickoff unit and punt returners in 2000. He was the Gators' assistant passing game coordinator that same season. Dixon moved to North Carolina State, where he coached the Wolfpack receiving corps in 2005 and 2006.

Dixon brings a wealth of experience coaching at the highest levels of college football. A finalist for the 2001 Broyles Award given to the nation's top assistant coach, Dixon has coached in 15 bowl games and helped guide Florida to six SEC titles and two national championship games, including a victory in the 1996 Sugar Bowl.

From 1994-2002, Dixon coached a national-best nine semifinalists and four finalists for the Biletnikoff Award as the country's top receiver. The Gators had at least one wide receiver selected in the NFL Draft every year during that same span. In 1997 Reidel Anthony and Ike Hilliard were both first-round selections, marking the first time since the 1967 AFL-NFL merger that two receivers from the same school were both taken in the first round. In all, he coached 22 players that signed NFL contracts, 11-All-Americans and 10 first-team All-SEC players at Florida. The Gators ranked among the country's top 10 passing offenses in 10 of his 15 seasons. Dixon's receiving unit recorded 445 touchdown catches from 1990-2002, 87 more than any other school in the nation during that span.

Dixon's coaching career began after he completed a standout collegiate and professional playing career as a receiver. A four-year letterwinner for the Gators from 1980-83, Dixon finished his career with 124 catches. He was a first-team All-SEC and honorable mention All-America performer as a senior. Dixon helped the Gators to four bowl appearances during his career and was named the MVP of the 1982 Bluebonnet Bowl. He was inducted into the Florida Athletic Hall of Fame in 1997.

Dixon began his pro career with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers where he played from 1984-85 and again in 1987. He played for the Arena Football League's Washington Commandos in 1987 and the Detroit Drive from 1988-91. He led the AFL in scoring and receiving in both the 1987 and 1988 seasons. Dixon, a receiver and linebacker, was the AFL's Ironman of the Year in 1988 and was named the 1988 Arena Bowl's Ironman of the Game. The Sports Network named him one of the Arena Football League's top 10 players of all time.

Dixon earned a bachelor's degree in criminal justice from the University of Florida in 1985. He and his wife, Sandra, have two children, Brittany and Ian.

I don't know how to generate a link, but his bio is on the Arkansas State football website:

go to http://www.astateredwolves.com. ...(you may have to type this.)

under the sports tab click football.

On the football page click coaches.

On the coaches page click Casey Woods.. and it's there.

That's the best I know how to do....sorry

Archived