A-Day!

kickerman97

Can't get here soon enough. Looks like Gus prefers a traditional format which will be a great return from what xCGC ran IMO.

The game, featuring four quarters and a halftime, will utilize a traditional game format and scoring system with defensive coordinator John Thompson and offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee directing the offense and defense under the leadership of Malzahn.

http://www.astatered...TCLID=205412137

And just because I ran across it again this morning....Enjoy!

One of my favorites.

Can't get here soon enough. Looks like Gus prefers a traditional format which will be a great return from what xCGC ran IMO.

The game, featuring four quarters and a halftime, will utilize a traditional game format and scoring system with defensive coordinator John Thompson and offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee directing the offense and defense under the leadership of Malzahn.

One of my favorites.

I missed interceptions...

One of my favorites.

I missed interceptions...

I miss our D line! Fairley was a beast in 2010 and I still wish Dyer could have had his head on straight and given us 3-4 years of highlights.

love that video. still amazed at the defensive gameplanning for the nc game. and i know we may never get another player on cam's level but im hope we have some more fairlys.

Okay, I know I've been out of the loop all week but who's John Thompson and why is he listed as our DC instead of Ellis Johnson?

i think he was stating how Ark St performed their "A-Day." Seems like CGM prefers a more traditional type of spring game...YES!!!! WDE!

Okay, I know I've been out of the loop all week but who's John Thompson and why is he listed as our DC instead of Ellis Johnson?

have i missed something here? who is John Thompson?

That is the quote about the Arkansas State spring game for this past season. Focus more on where it says that Gus prefers to run a traditional style and scoring spring game. I just quoted a snippet of the article. I personally HATED the scoring system that we have been using for A-Day. I want to see the team split into two "as equal as possible" teams and go at it.

That is the quote about the Arkansas State spring game for this past season. Focus more on where it says that Gus prefers to run a traditional style and scoring spring game. I just quoted a snippet of the article. I personally HATED the scoring system that we have been using for A-Day. I want to see the team split into two "as equal as possible" teams and go at it.

Okay, thanks. It will be interesting to see if there's an informally presumptive favorite @ QB by the Spring game. Pike actually did better than Frazier in last year's game (and his numbers would have been better but for 2 easy WR drops) but it was assumed by everybody, everywhere that Frazier was the guy to beat. Looking back @ 2010 threads around the Spring game it's interesting how much the starting QB spot was up in the air.

I was thinking the same thing. It's one thing to mess up a name but to totally get it wrong? I thought Coach Thompson must have came out of retirement.

vol-3-03_05.jpg

I'm glad to see a return to a more traditional format for A-Day. I'm also hoping for an announcement of a starting QB before the week of the first game.

One of my favorites.

Thanks for the video. That's what I want to see at Auburn again. A team that believes in itself. Leadership, on and off the field. Can't wait.

I certainly will be there. I can't wait to see the preview of the unfiltered Gus Bus!

I am with you. This is what I want to see. I want to see what this offense can do when it is run the way Gus wants it to be run.

Can't wait for A-Day!

You won't see much during A-Day. Why telegraph what you're planning to do during the season for a glorified public scrimmage?

One of my favorites.

Thanks for the video. That's what I want to see at Auburn again. A team that believes in itself. Leadership, on and off the field. Can't wait.

It's funny how marginal the difference is between glory and doom.

The two key things I see in that video vs now:

1) that team had an attitude. They legitimately didn't think you could beat them. And that attitude showed in their play.

2) OMac just can't run away from people like he could back then. Am I the only one that can't help but think he's lost not only a step, but a couple...?

One of my favorites.

It's funny how marginal the difference is between glory and doom.

The two key things I see in that video vs now:

1) that team had an attitude. They legitimately didn't think you could beat them. And that attitude showed in their play.

2) OMac just can't run away from people like he could back then. Am I the only one that can't help but think he's lost not only a step, but a couple...?

I personally don't think Omac lost anything but confidence. That tends to happen when you are hit immediately upon receiving the ball each time.

I personally don't think Omac lost anything but confidence. That tends to happen when you are hit immediately upon receiving the ball each time.

And that directly ties into the 1st of my 2 points. Confidence IS sports. Once on the elite level, confidence is perhaps the most important individual trait of an athlete in any sport.

Archived