2013 4* WR Derrick Griffin (Miami signee)

jwmboom7

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Auburn is not too far behind in the academic department.

http://wireeagle.auburn.edu/news/1768

"New freshman enrollment consists of 4,204 students, up from 3,918 last year. The class compiled an average score of 26.9 on the ACT college entrance exam, outpacing last year’s then-record of 26.2. They also earned an average high school grade point average of 3.79, up from 3.69 last year."

http://wireeagle.auburn.edu/news/3810

"New freshman enrollment consists of 4,202 students, just two fewer that last year’s record class. The class compiled an average score of 27.2 on the ACT college entrance exam, outpacing last year’s then-record of 26.9. They also earned an average high school grade point average of 3.81, up from 3.79 last year."

He'd be a good H-back in Malzahn's offense.

This guy is 6'-7....that is straight Far wide reciever material. I'll bet he would NEVER be considered by Gus to be an H-back IMO.

From Bryan Matthews

4-star WR Derrick Griffin from Terry in Rosenberg, Texas didn't make it to Auburn for an official visit this weekend but has rescheduled for next weekend.

FWIW......standards may be slightly higher to get into TAMU. But that is mainly due to the fact they have to limit spots due to the massive applicants each year.

Being from Texas I had the option to go to TAMU, but I never really wanted to go there. They have a great engineering program, but having ties to Alabama made me consider Auburn. Best decision I made. I would put my degree up against anybody's including TAMU. I have found that most people hold Auburn in high regards when discussing education.

FWIW......standards may be slightly higher to get into TAMU. But that is mainly due to the fact they have to limit spots due to the massive applicants each year.

Being from Texas I had the option to go to TAMU, but I never really wanted to go there. They have a great engineering program, but having ties to Alabama made me consider Auburn. Best decision I made. I would put my degree up against anybody's including TAMU. I have found that most people hold Auburn in high regards when discussing education.

unless you're a bammer............................................... even though 99% of them have never even taken a seat in a college classroom. lol

unless you're a bammer............................................... even though 99% of them have never even taken a seat in a college classroom. lol

Luckily don't run into too many bammers here in TX. LOL

LUCKY MAN^^^^^^

Not really. He has to deal with Texas fans which are pretty bad in their own right.

I grew up in OKC and had to deal with both OU and UT fans. Neither if them are even half as bad as most of the backwoods bama fan.

The typical Bama fan is like the kid from Deliverance, but with double-knit slacks and no musical ability.

LUCKY MAN^^^^^^

Not really. He has to deal with Texas fans which are pretty bad in their own right.

I grew up in OKC and had to deal with both OU and UT fans. Neither if them are even half as bad as most of the backwoods bama fan.

didnt harvey updyke come from texas?

Griffin is a beast. if i could pick my top 5 recruits for this class to land, they'd be:

1. Mackenzie Alexander

2. Reuben Foster

3. Derrick griffin

4. Carl Lawson

5. Corn Elder

i know, shocking. just sayin, though.

The typical Bama fan is like the kid from Deliverance, but with double-knit slacks and no musical ability.

:rollin:

Hilarious!

Bump. Is he still visiting or is this one done?

There has been no visit set for this weekend. The last we heard was this past Sunday that he may reschedule for this coming weekend.

Archived