2013 4* WR Derrick Griffin (Miami signee)

jwmboom7

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KK also posted it on TD. It is unlikely Griffin will qualify at TAMU. KK thinks he is worth Auburn taking the risk but IDK.

Not that I don't like Stevens, Robinson and Smith etc. but this kid is a WEAPON! Would love to have him if I were a young QB trying to get my feet wet. Doubt it means much more than he is doing what so many others are by taking mini-vacation on the school's dime. BUT.....................................

KK also posted it on TD. It is unlikely Griffin will qualify at TAMU. KK thinks he is worth Auburn taking the risk but IDK.

Okay, how is qualifying at AU different than TA&MU? Seriously. TIA whomever!

Was wondering that same thing...

Per B. Matthews: Auburn stopped pursuing Griffin weeks ago due to grades. Griffin is not visiting Auburn this weekend and Auburn is not recruiting him.

Was wondering that same thing...

I guess a staff would have to be pretty sure they would have first dibs on a sign and place. It's really risky and would cost a scholly, but if the athlete is talented enough a coach may decide to take the risk. Personally, I don't think we have that luxury this year....

So we have stopped recruiting Griffen, Williams, and Hearns because of grades? Add that to the fact that Hooks could not get in...

That is a lot of talent gone by the wayside. Not AU's fault of course... just sayin.

So we have stopped recruiting Griffen, Williams, and Hearns because of grades? Add that to the fact that Hooks could not get in...

That is a lot of talent gone by the wayside. Not AU's fault of course... just sayin.

A lot of talent that would not make it to the field. It is nice to see that grades matter more than talent. These kids losing out on offers should be a heads up to others with great talent and no classroom drive.

Because TAMU is a better academic school than Auburn at the moment and have higher admissions standards?

Same reason why UF admissions denied a kid last year that was SEC qualified or when comparing us to Ole Miss, Lavon Hooks is qualified for Ole Miss but not AU

TAMU does not have higher standards and is not a better academic school.

Auburn is very well respected within the academic community and is consistently ranked as one of the best public universities in the country. The problem is I don't think Auburn promotes that enough. So the stigma of being a football factory in the south leads others to assume it has weak academics.

A lot of talent that would not make it to the field. It is nice to see that grades matter more than talent. These kids losing out on offers should be a heads up to others with great talent and no classroom drive.

I agree.

TAMU does not have higher standards and is not a better academic school.

Auburn is very well respected within the academic community and is consistently ranked as one of the best public universities in the country. The problem is I don't think Auburn promotes that enough. So the stigma of being a football factory in the south leads others to assume it has weak academics.

We are well respected but not on TAMUs level. They are not on Vandy's level but are the closest thing to it in the SEC.

It is not known if Auburn has stopped recruiting Hearns and Willians. They just are not expected to be takes right now.

Can you explain this to Mickey, whom thinks it is all our coaches fault we lost recruits.

Can you explain this to Mickey, whom thinks it is all our coaches fault we lost recruits.

I am not going to waste my time even clicking on that LAMP thread. Unless Mikey is a recruit, it should be deleted IMO.

I am not going to waste my time even clicking on that LAMP thread. Unless Mikey is a recruit, it should be deleted IMO.

I second that...

+1

Archived