2013 4* WR Derrick Griffin (Miami signee)

jwmboom7

Despite being challenged for providing detailed, private information, I don't know his SAT score. But if he's now on the honor roll he's gotta be a bright kid who just wasn't focused. He has spring and summer to make up grades, so with a passable SAT I'd say he's in play.

And fall. He can go to prep school and if he qualifies by next January, count back to this class. It would be foolish to say he would be in play with 3 good academic semesters. We do not have access to his grades to know how much ground he had to make up. 3 semesters may not be enough. Also, he took the ACT not the SAT.. I was not referring to his standardized test scores when I said private and detailed. I was referring to the A-B honor role part. 99% of the kids don't talk about their grades to the media with that much detail so next time you come across info that strange please give a link or say where you got it is all I politely ask.

I don't think Auburn would be paying for an OV if there wasn't significant current interest. And, as you say, we have no idea how much ground he has to make up, so to say he's not in play with three good semesters is also conjecture (a better word than foolish). The information I post is always public information, and I'm careful about that. The only inside information I may have about Auburn is about academics and research, and not about athletics.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy seems like the kind of prospect worth taking a chance on. Work with the kid on his academics. Be pro-active. Make Mr. Griffin an Auburn success story. He cannot be any less promising a student than RF. And we rolled over and really showed our stomach to that gump.

"He's also one of the top power forwards in Texas"! If he's that athletic and strong he needs to be a Tiger. I hope we get him - period!

(and it just so happens his #80 is waitin for him)

Schools publish A B honor rolls in newspapers so that info sure isn't private inside knowledge. Regardless, I think he could be great get for Auburn either this class or next.

Schools publish A B honor rolls in newspapers so that info sure isn't private inside knowledge. Regardless, I think he could be great get for Auburn either this class or next.

IHe's a get now. Forget next year.

Don't be so sure of that. We don't know how much work he had to make up.

He would be a great addition to this class. I would really like to see him in this offense. Lets hope he can get his grades in order and that this past weekend went well.

Don't be so sure of that. We don't know how much work he had to make up.

Actually, i'm not so sure. But I'm certain I would like Griffin to be got right now. If at all possible. With no shenanigans,of course. We don't have to go out and find the ringer who is sitting for RF's SAT or ACT, Sign him now and he will get started right away falling in love with Auburn. And if he does not end up qualifying, we'll have a leg up on the SEC competition when he does get things squared away. No, that's too negative. The best scenario for any of these kids is to get a chance to be an Auburn student and athlete-one of the good guys. Under Chizik, I think Auburn gave up too easily on some of these kids who stumbled early on. Not the armed robbers or Mike Dyer, but guys like that QB from Kentucky. Or Darreon Hutcherson. Why would Chiz sign a guy and then let him fail to qualify? If Bama can arrange to find jobs for the family members of its signees, why can't Auburn find a tutor to pull a kid through his last semester of high school? Whatever. I've been up all night.

E, did he not commit to ta&m at one of the all-star games? Seems I remember thinking;"Now that's the size WR we need, kinda like Green-Beckham". Even if we had to sign and place, it would take some sting out of the JaQuay Williams incident, which was completely screwed up by our compliance department.

E, did he not commit to ta&m at one of the all-star games? Seems I remember thinking;"Now that's the size WR we need, kinda like Green-Beckham". Even if we had to sign and place, it would take some sting out of the JaQuay Williams incident, which was completely screwed up by our compliance department.

Then the compliance department ought to be getting up at 5 AM and working out with the new S&C coach. But seriously, if they aren't going to be part of the solution, what good are they?

Then the compliance department ought to be getting up at 5 AM and working out with the new S&C coach. But seriously, if they aren't going to be part of the solution, what good are they?

Normally, they do an excellent job(most coaches think they do too good a job), but Jaquay's problem was discovered way too late to give him time to correct. Individual responsible is no longer with the department. If you were inclined to look at historical references on this, I started posting warning flags on this as early as May. 2012. Anyway, our compliance department is in good hands.

Normally, they do an excellent job(most coaches think they do too good a job), but Jaquay's problem was discovered way too late to give him time to correct. Individual responsible is no longer with the department. If you were inclined to look at historical references on this, I started posting warning flags on this as early as May. 2012. Anyway, our compliance department is in good hands.

Good hands? Why didn't they find out about Jacquay's situation sooner? What about darrion hutcherson? What do they do, besides writing off guys as disqualified? Shouldn't they be pro-active, on top of situations, and helping guys get qualified? When we sign guys who fail to qualify, I question whether the compliance department is an asset to the athletic department. I believe it is too preoccupied in keeping kids out of Auburn. I'm not saying Auburn should necessarily lower its standards. I am saying they should be doing more to help student-athletes meet the standards. My sister is on the faculty at Cal-Berkeley, and I know for a fact that that school goes out of its way big time to help inner city California student-athletes with shaky academic backgrounds get in and stay in school.What does Auburn do?

Good hands? Why didn't they find out about Jacquay's situation sooner? What about darrion hutcherson? What do they do, besides writing off guys as disqualified? Shouldn't they be pro-active, on top of situations, and helping guys get qualified? When we sign guys who fail to qualify, I question whether the compliance department is an asset to the athletic department. I believe it is too preoccupied in keeping kids out of Auburn. I'm not saying Auburn should necessarily lower its standards. I am saying they should be doing more to help student-athletes meet the standards. My sister is on the faculty at Cal-Berkeley, and I know for a fact that that school goes out of its way big time to help inner city California student-athletes with shaky academic backgrounds get in and stay in school.What does Auburn do?

You are spot-on with your remarks, and the situation will be, and to a certain extent, has been corrected. The general atmosphere under the last regime was horrible in terms of assisting our student-athletes with everyday college life and the demands thereof. The compliance department is only a part of that, and Jaquay's situation, fortunately, was an isolated one.

I expect this staff to be a'lot more pro-active with the players. Whether it's helping qualify or keeping them in class. Heck, I believe there should be a ton of accountability, such as position coaches at a minimum should know where each player is at all times.

Despite being challenged for providing detailed, private information, I don't know his SAT score. But if he's now on the honor roll he's gotta be a bright kid who just wasn't focused. He has spring and summer to make up grades, so with a passable SAT I'd say he's in play.

And fall. He can go to prep school and if he qualifies by next January, count back to this class. It would be foolish to say he would be in play with 3 good academic semesters. We do not have access to his grades to know how much ground he had to make up. 3 semesters may not be enough. Also, he took the ACT not the SAT.. I was not referring to his standardized test scores when I said private and detailed. I was referring to the A-B honor role part. 99% of the kids don't talk about their grades to the media with that much detail so next time you come across info that strange please give a link or say where you got it is all I politely ask.

I don't think Auburn would be paying for an OV if there wasn't significant current interest. And, as you say, we have no idea how much ground he has to make up, so to say he's not in play with three good semesters is also conjecture (a better word than foolish). The information I post is always public information, and I'm careful about that. The only inside information I may have about Auburn is about academics and research, and not about athletics.

I don't think so either.

4-star WR Derrick Griffin said he had a very good visit to Auburn. He said he liked the coaching staff and felt at home. Griffin has not set a timetable for a decision and didn't name a leader between Auburn and Texas A&M. He said if he didn't qualify, he would likely sign with a junior college.It appears both Auburn and Texas A&M are still evaluating Griffin's academics and whether or not to sign him.

4-star WR Derrick Griffin said he had a very good visit to Auburn. He said he liked the coaching staff and felt at home. Griffin has not set a timetable for a decision and didn't name a leader between Auburn and Texas A&M. He said if he didn't qualify, he would likely sign with a junior college.

It appears both Auburn and Texas A&M are still evaluating Griffin's academics and whether or not to sign him.

-BM

Fixed it for you. Very small font.

Any word on how his weekend went?

I heard he got in a fight with Reese Dismukes. WDE

Archived