2013 4* WR Derrick Griffin (Miami signee)

jwmboom7

So we have stopped recruiting Griffen, Williams, and Hearns because of grades? Add that to the fact that Hooks could not get in...

That is a lot of talent gone by the wayside. Not AU's fault of course... just sayin.

Can you explain this to Mickey, whom thinks it is all our coaches fault we lost recruits.

I am not going to waste my time even clicking on that LAMP thread. Unless Mikey is a recruit, it should be deleted IMO.

Go read the thread. Among other things, you'll learn that I did NOT start that thread.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we have stopped recruiting Griffen, Williams, and Hearns because of grades? Add that to the fact that Hooks could not get in...

That is a lot of talent gone by the wayside. Not AU's fault of course... just sayin.

Can you explain this to Mickey, whom thinks it is all our coaches fault we lost recruits.

I am not going to waste my time even clicking on that LAMP thread. Unless Mikey is a recruit, it should be deleted IMO.

Go read the thread. Among other things, you'll learn that I did NOT start that thread.

Exactly, although I very much disagree with Mikey's opinion, he is totally correct that he that did not start the thread in question and it was pretty much BS that someone took his posts from other threads and started a topic that ended up being a "crap all over Mikey" thread. Whomever started that thread should have the guts to admit to starting it. If they do not, they are weak and cowardly. At least Mikey is not afraid of owning his opinions.

wde

Exactly, although I very much disagree with Mikey's opinion, he is totally correct that he that did not start the thread in question and it was pretty much BS that someone took his posts from other threads and started a topic that ended up being a "crap all over Mikey" thread. Whomever started that thread should have the guts to admit to starting it. If they do not, they are weak and cowardly. At least Mikey is not afraid of owning his opinions.

wde

You owe me for a new irony meter.

wde

You owe me for a new irony meter.

Is this a new thread?

TAMU does not have higher standards and is not a better academic school.

Auburn is very well respected within the academic community and is consistently ranked as one of the best public universities in the country. The problem is I don't think Auburn promotes that enough. So the stigma of being a football factory in the south leads others to assume it has weak academics.

Weak academic standards and standards not as high as TAMU are not mutually exclusive.

Justin Hokanson@JHokanson

Nation's No. 3 WR and #TXAM commit Derrick Griffin is visiting#Auburn this weekend

This coming after both Hok and BM saying earlier this week we were not recruiting him. That was not said to discredit them but to show how fast things change.

Nation's No. 3 WR and #TXAM commit Derrick Griffin is visiting#Auburn this weekend

This coming after both Hok and BM saying earlier this week we were not recruiting him. That was not said to discredit them but to show how fast things change.

Like a cat falling we land on our feet running.....with no De Runnyan....With all the talk is the grade issue real or does he have time to overcome them?

Like a cat falling we land on our feet running.....with no De Runnyan....With all the talk is the grade issue real or does he have time to overcome them?

He has til January to be counted in this class.

Good news.

Better news would be if he can qualify anywhere. He is a big grade risk.

He's a big WR too at 6'7". What a target that would be if we were able to get him on the field.

KK also posted it on TD. It is unlikely Griffin will qualify at TAMU. KK thinks he is worth Auburn taking the risk but IDK.

Is it harder to get into Texas A&M than it is Auburn? We're one of the harder schools to get in.

KK also posted it on TD. It is unlikely Griffin will qualify at TAMU. KK thinks he is worth Auburn taking the risk but IDK.

Is it harder to get into Texas A&M than it is Auburn? We're one of the harder schools to get in.

Yes, it is harder to be an Aggie.

E, what are our chances of flipping him?

If E can answer that question at this point, then I will be asking E for lottery number picks for Powerball this weekend.

This kid is so tall he creates crazy matchups issues as any type of receiver. If he makes his grades, he will be a force.

E, what are our chances of flipping him?

If E can answer that question at this point, then I will be asking E for lottery number picks for Powerball this weekend.

Good call. He is so new to the table that I have no clue right now.

Auburn is very well respected within the academic community and is consistently ranked as one of the best public universities in the country. The problem is I don't think Auburn promotes that enough. So the stigma of being a football factory in the south leads others to assume it has weak academics.

We are well respected but not on TAMUs level. They are not on Vandy's level but are the closest thing to it in the SEC.

It may have nothing to do with whether entry requirements are more vigorous at Texas A&M or Auburn so much as an appetite for non-qualifier risk. It's a numbers game, if (picking a number) 80% of the moderate to high risk guys qualify do you go after 5 or 10 of them? Depends largely on the head coach/recruting coordinator.

Re academic respect/entry difficulty, most universities of course have general requirements for entry into the university plus additional, more stringent requirements for acceptance into certain fields. At Auburn, vet med, aero engineering, most Ag and many grad research depts have higher requirements to get into THOSE programs than all but a couple dozen colleges nationwide. Texas A&M is comparable to Auburn in the Ag dept. UF (since about 1990), Vandy and in many years Texas A&M have more difficult general universiy scholastic entry requirements than Auburn (if published average SATs, ACTs, and GRA's are believed) but in specific fields Auburn leaves every college but a handful in the dust. fwiw, did you know the most competetive petroleum engineering program in the country alternates between Carnegie Mellon and...LSU(!?)

If I'm not mistaken the average ACT to enroll in Auburn last year was a 27. That is pretty impressive for a public university.

Very impressive. TAMU's average for the 2012 incoming class was 27 FWIW

http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshmen/gettingin/tipsApplying/testScores.aspx

We are well respected but not on TAMUs level. They are not on Vandy's level but are the closest thing to it in the SEC.

It may have nothing to do with whether entry requirements are more vigorous at Texas A&M or Auburn so much as an appetite for non-qualifier risk. It's a numbers game, if (picking a number) 80% of the moderate to high risk guys qualify do you go after 5 or 10 of them? Depends largely on the head coach/recruting coordinator.

Re academic respect/entry difficulty, most universities of course have general requirements for entry into the university plus additional, more stringent requirements for acceptance into certain fields. At Auburn, vet med, aero engineering, most Ag and many grad research depts have higher requirements to get into THOSE programs than all but a couple dozen colleges nationwide. Texas A&M is comparable to Auburn in the Ag dept. UF (since about 1990), Vandy and in many years Texas A&M have more difficult general universiy scholastic entry requirements than Auburn (if published average SATs, ACTs, and GRA's are believed) but in specific fields Auburn leaves every college but a handful in the dust. fwiw, did you know the most competetive petroleum engineering program in the country alternates between Carnegie Mellon and...LSU(!?)

E, interesting point on Petroleum Engineering. From a location standpoint, it makes sense that LSU should have a strong PE program. (considering several large petroleum companies have their US HQ in Houston, plus the Gulf of Mexico being right there.

Archived